rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The MANUAL , is direct better?

I was reading a good book called the MANUAL:what women want. It says a lot of cool and true stuff, although I don't agree with everything. Interestingly, he advocates directness in approaches. This is pretty opposite the PUA indirect approach.
What are your feelings?
According to Anton the day game way of asking directions or opinion opener in a club is basically a coward way and shows a lack of confidence.

Quote: (12-10-2013 03:32 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

I was reading a good book called the MANUAL:what women want. It says a lot of cool and true stuff, although I don't agree with everything. Interestingly, he advocates directness in approaches. This is pretty opposite the PUA indirect approach.
What are your feelings?
According to Anton the day game way of asking directions or opinion opener in a club is basically a coward way and shows a lack of confidence.

Like people, game is multifaceted. You should do what works for you. Trial and error.

"When in chaos, speak truth." - Jordan Peterson

Correct, Kaii. Winning isn't the most important thing, it's the only thing. If it works, do it. Who gives a fuck if someone else thinks the way you get pussy is "beta"?

Quote: (12-10-2013 03:41 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

Correct, Kaii. Winning isn't the most important thing, it's the only thing. If it works, do it. Who gives a fuck if someone else thinks the way you get pussy is "beta"?

Nah, I don't feel that. I think you should still have your pride intact after you get the pussy. If you tend to her every needs for months on end just to get in her pants once, it's just not worth it. I think real game should maintain pride while getting results.

The rewards I see from working is what made me an addict.
There's way more people that want it than people that have it.

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:04 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

Nah, I don't feel that. I think you should still have your pride intact after you get the pussy. If you tend to her every needs for months on end just to get in her pants once, it's just not worth it. I think real game should maintain pride while getting results.

Read the OP, this discussion is about openers, not closes.

Yeah, thought you meant the overall road to the bang.

Quote: (12-10-2013 05:04 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

Quote: (12-10-2013 03:41 PM)Shotgun Styles Wrote:  

Not sure I understand. If you are getting your "pride" from women doesn't that just mean you aren't really all that confident in yourself or something along those lines? And that you need others to validate you, etc?

Wuh? I just don't think you should degrade yourself just to get some pussy.

Quote: (12-10-2013 08:09 PM)YoungDominican Wrote:  

you probably shouldn't do anything to degrade yourself.

I'm asking why your pride is tied to getting laid? Maybe you mean it a different way than I'm reading it. Shouldn't you have some pride in yourself regardless of it you sleep with a chick or not?

Quote: (12-11-2013 07:27 PM)Seaver Wrote:  

I'm asking why your pride is tied to getting laid? Maybe you mean it a different way than I'm reading it. Shouldn't you have some pride in yourself regardless of it you sleep with a chick or not?

Young Dominican can feel that way if he wants to.
If that attitude helps him, then it's useful.

That's his subjective reality and impression.

It might not be useful to you though.

The objective reality of pick up is
- guy says and does stuff to have sex with the girl.

How you get from point A to B, how you feel about getting there, that's all up to you.

A lot of guys, like the guy OP is referencing, completely reject any idea that doesn't fit into their pre-conceived notion of what Masculinity is, and what being an Alpha male is.

For them, there is no other path than being a chest beating, muscle head, that's always direct and forceful.

This is the only way to be.

Those of us who've been in the game awhile see that you can slide into some snatch in any number of ways. And the rules of the universe and of the pussy-verse come in all shapes and sizes.

You got the "big swinging dick" type guys, but you also got

the cold ruthless and unassuming guys,
the dandies,
the artists,
the loners,
the outcasts,
the good time dude,
the charming rogue,
the hood,
the biker,
the rock star,
the rapper,
the effeminate guy,
the calculating mangina male feminist (hugo schwyser) who speaks their language publicly, and slays pussy privately

et cetera

Think about your average night club

Gift of gab bar tender can fuck.
Cool Dj can fuck.
Old club owner can fuck.
Big as a battle ship bouncer can fuck
Gangstas with the table can fuck
Whales with the table can fuck
Dancing dude can fuck
Loud mouth at the bar can fuck

Herb holding his beer at chest level while standing on the wall....hell even he can snatch a fatty @ 10 minutes to closing.

All of these dudes can slay.

There is more than one path, one mindset, to Poosy Paradise, Nookie Nirvana, Vagina Valhalla.

WIA

Quote: (12-10-2013 03:32 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

What are your feelings?

"Interestingly, he advocates directness in approaches. This is pretty opposite the PUA indirect approach."

Plenty of PUAs advocate direct approach techniques, this is a false dichotomy.

"According to Anton the day game way of asking directions or opinion opener in a club is basically a coward way and shows a lack of confidence."

I think formulating an opinion in this manner ("doing X in Y way is cowardly") is stupid. It's also a strawman, daygame tactics are called such for a reason and are not intended for club work.

Sounds like maybe 'Anton' has a vested financial interest in discrediting game forms that differ from the ones he is selling, and that is causing some silly writing. I wouldn't spend much time reading material about why their game is better than another's game.

Quote: (12-11-2013 10:18 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (12-11-2013 07:27 PM)Seaver Wrote:  

Young Dominican can feel that way if he wants to.
If that attitude helps him, then it's useful.

That's his subjective reality and impression.

It might not be useful to you though.

The objective reality of pick up is
- guy says and does stuff to have sex with the girl.

How you get from point A to B, how you feel about getting there, that's all up to you.

A lot of guys, like the guy OP is referencing, completely reject any idea that doesn't fit into their pre-conceived notion of what Masculinity is, and what being an Alpha male is.

For them, there is no other path than being a chest beating, muscle head, that's always direct and forceful.

This is the only way to be.

Those of us who've been in the game awhile see that you can slide into some snatch in any number of ways. And the rules of the universe and of the pussy-verse come in all shapes and sizes.

You got the "big swinging dick" type guys, but you also got

the cold ruthless and unassuming guys,
the dandies,
the artists,
the loners,
the outcasts,
the good time dude,
the charming rogue,
the hood,
the biker,
the rock star,
the rapper,
the effeminate guy,
the calculating mangina male feminist (hugo schwyser) who speaks their language publicly, and slays pussy privately

et cetera

Think about your average night club

Gift of gab bar tender can fuck.
Cool Dj can fuck.
Old club owner can fuck.
Big as a battle ship bouncer can fuck
Gangstas with the table can fuck
Whales with the table can fuck
Dancing dude can fuck
Loud mouth at the bar can fuck

Herb holding his beer at chest level while standing on the wall....hell even he can snatch a fatty @ 10 minutes to closing.

All of these dudes can slay.

There is more than one path, one mindset, to Poosy Paradise, Nookie Nirvana, Vagina Valhalla.

WIA

[Image: potd.gif]

There is a direct relationship between being attractive and being able to successfully go direct.

For example if you are a famous movie star like Jared Letto, you can pretty much go direct with almost any girl in the world.

If you are a fat ugly schlub with no class or game, and you try to go direct, you might end up in jail.

So the rule is: if you want to direct, you have to be very attractive upfront.

If you are new to the game, I don't think it's a good idea to just go direct in a venue that you frequent or, like what happened in Toronto, you'll probably get kicked out.

Until you've built up your attractive qualities a lot, and know how to talk to women, going direct can actually fuck things up for you.

Direct/indirect is this really weird dilemma that guys create for themselves. Like there are only 2 opposite ways of interacting with girls and now you have to make the choice to obey only one of them. Like the game is this mortal combat tournament and you have to choose your destiny before you enter.

It's similar to other pickup dilemmas...
- so what should I do, asking questions or making statements?
- should I touch her a lot or be ?
- what to do, cold approach or social circle game?
- should I be aloof or expressive?

Remember that anyone who claims that one way is better than the other by default is nuts and/or wants to confuse you. Even by emphasizing this direct/indirect thing implies that the person advising it have inaccurate view of human interaction. I was stupid as well to fall for that shit before.

Tell Anton that if operating undercover by asking directions or opinion opener in a club lets me successfully extract girls from hostile environments then it's fine, I can be a coward that gets mission accomplished and he can ARGO FUCK HIMSELF.

Game is whatever that brings you results. End of story.

Girls are full of shit. They say they want a guy to be direct and not play games, but try telling a girl you want to fuck her as your first thing and most guys will get shotdown. That's why we have game or indirect game or whatever- because women are the biggest liars on the planet.

Quote: (12-15-2013 10:22 AM)XXL Wrote:  

Tell Anton that if operating undercover by asking directions or opinion opener in a club lets me successfully extract girls from hostile environments then it's fine, I can be a coward that gets mission accomplished and he can ARGO FUCK HIMSELF.

Love the reference, good writing.