rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Argentines Need Dollars

Argentines Need Dollars

Looks like Argentinas inflation is getting pretty bad. Check out this article by vice:

http://m.vice.com/read/argentines-need-d...135-v20n11

Argentines Need Dollars

They (fricking Kirchnerist administration) try to put a black on the foreign money exchange, and failed miserably, with the illegal dollar and euro market going to a higher rate than the oficial one. They are bleeding dollars everywhere, and need them to restock the reserves. Now they are thinking on making two diferent rates, one for tourism and foreign purchases, and the other for commercial and industrial uses. All short term patches to the dying economy.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Argentines Need Dollars

What they need is bitcoins!

Argentines Need Dollars

There is no easy, or maybe any kind of, cure to inflation in Argentina...

But for us intl travelers, inflation is compensated by the rise of our currencies on the Black-blue market...

Not that I would publicly advocate changing on the black market [Image: angel.gif],... as Mekorig well knows, mister Moreno is, still, watching us, and so is the young mister Kicillof. I bet Mekorig also just raised the interest of the SIDE???[Image: confused.gif]

Argentines Need Dollars

As I predicted, Mekorig has disappeared from this forum, just after criticizing the Argentine government : what may have happened to him? [Image: dodgy.gif]...:

(disclaimer : of course, the current Argentine government does NOT make people disappear anymore, I was just joking... Matter of fact, I am aware that mrs. Fernandez de Kirchner actually fought against the dictatorship. )

.....For those who don't speak Spanish, the video is about that :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_flights

Argentines Need Dollars

ARG= new p00n paradise ???

Argentines Need Dollars

^ idk, but I don't even need to go to get the benefit of the poon. I just heard my company hired 30 argentines. 75% or more will likely be female.

Argentines Need Dollars

Do not fear my friends, i am alive and well, thanks to my new big and stern friend in black suits and black glasses behind me... XD

Anyway, Moreno is now old history, Kicillof is the new economy minister (yay! a good for nothing economic marxist yuppy) and before he get fired, Moreno choose to quit, and got a nice diplomatic charge in Italy. Anyway, it does not mean a lot of changes around here, the more iportant one could be the doubling of the exchange ratem between a industrial/financial dollar rate, and anoher for tourism and foreign buying.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Argentines Need Dollars

I met some Argentinian girls throughout my travel and they were all cold and unfriendly. What's up with that? Usually the worse the economy the friendlier the girls towards white foreign guys like myself!

Argentines Need Dollars

So is there any way to make money off this situation? With inflation, it sounds like once you exchange you are losing money by the second due to inflation.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Argentines Need Dollars

I think the only benefit would be if you were going there for an extended period and sold you money and planned on spending all your argentine pesos there.

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-21-2013 06:25 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

^ idk, but I don't even need to go to get the benefit of the poon. I just heard my company hired 30 argentines. 75% or more will likely be female.

[Image: idea.gif] secret to gaming cute Argentine women abroad : have yerba mate at your place, and offer them to share a Mate :

[Image: 1033.jpg]

and you should drink mate like that, like real men :

[Image: che-drinking-mate.jpg]

Argentines Need Dollars

I wonder if the Real estate has gotten cheaper in dollar terms or has it not fallen in value in dollar terms. Anyone know? I always thought it would be cool to have an apt there. I liked it when I visited - definitely the whole paris of south america was true.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-21-2013 08:28 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I wonder if the Real estate has gotten cheaper in dollar terms or has it not fallen in value in dollar terms. Anyone knows? I always thought it would be cool to have an apt there. I liked it when I visited - definitely the whole Paris of south america was true.

Real estate is almost at a standstill. Owners want dollars. Buyers don't have dollars. No transactions, almost...

So yes, if you have dollars in the country, there are opportunities. Logically. Now, how are you gonna get the dollars inside the country?

...Great place to live in, Buenos Aires, I totally agree.

Argentines Need Dollars

I'm gonna buy a thing of mate before I leave Vegas. It can't be found within an hour radius of where I'll be. I actually enjoy mate myself. Only problem is I can't find a gourd for the life of me. I had one in Miami but accidentally left it there. "I have a bunch of mate, but I have no cup to share it with." I like the strategy arg expert.

Now that I think about it I can order a gourd on line.

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-21-2013 08:50 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I'm gonna buy a thing of mate before I leave Vegas. It can't be found within an hour radius of where I'll be. I actually enjoy mate myself. Only problem is I can't find a gourd for the life of me. I had one in Miami but accidentally left it there. "I have a bunch of mate, but I have no cup to share it with." I like the strategy arg expert.

Yes, excellent line : "I have a bunch of yerba mate, but I have no cup to share it with in."

And don't worry, they WILL have their mate-gourd with them. They will also, on arriving, have 2 packs of mate with them. So, they will be all right for 3 weeks. Then, they will run outta mate, and get [Image: wacko.gif] , therefore, if you just happen to have mate to share with them at that time... you win! [Image: king.gif]

Just don't tell them that you have mate at your place, until you know that they have run out of mate themselves!

Argentines Need Dollars

Yeah, it will all be good. I'll probably be doing a monthly trip to Denver and I know exactly where to find it there.

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-21-2013 08:50 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Now that I think about it I can order a gourd on line.

Send me your adress by PM and i will see if i can see you a good mate to drink. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Argentines Need Dollars

Can anyone living in B.A. or recent visitor tell if these cost of living prices look accurate?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/cit...enos+Aires

Prices are listed in USD. I'm assuming at the official rate of 1USD = 6 AR Pesos.

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-21-2013 11:34 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Can anyone living in B.A. or recent visitor tell if these cost of living prices look accurate?

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/cit...enos+Aires

Prices are listed in USD. I'm assuming at the official rate of 1USD = 6 AR Pesos.

Below, I give you a link to the official listing of prices in Buenos Aires, ... those are fixed prices that the Argentine Government and supermarkets agreed on, to curb the inflation.

http://www.presidencia.gob.ar/images/sto...adisco.pdf

this is a very detailed list, and prices are in Arg pesos of course.

Argentines Need Dollars

For you, below, a sample picture of an Argentine mysterious, hot brunette... WB? [Image: wink.gif]

[Image: cristina-kirchner-2.jpg]

guess who it is [Image: icon_question.gif] WB!

Argentines Need Dollars

Looks like a young Cristina Kirchner

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-22-2013 04:21 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Looks like a young Cristina Kirchner

yes, it is Cristina indeed!

Vladimir Putin flirting and gaming Cristina :
[Image: Cristina-Putin-Petersburgo-G20-AP_CLAIMA...125_14.jpg]

Cristina and her daughter [Image: heart.gif] :
[Image: size1_76454_aa_abom.jpg]

Cristina fighting in Vietnam like John Rambo:
[Image: cristina-tunel.jpg]

and, a pic just to upset Mekorig [Image: wink.gif] : Una decada ganada!
[Image: cristina-fernandez-de-kirchner-2011-5-30-13-10-4.jpg]

Argentines Need Dollars

Arg expert, remember, karma is a bitch! XD

BTW, you found the only good picture of Kirchner`s daughter, normally she looks like a scurvy parrot. Also, about that official list....MUAJAJAJAJAJAJA...good luck finding those prices.

Argentines Need Dollars

Quote: (11-22-2013 10:31 PM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Arg expert, remember, karma is a bitch! XD

about that official list....MUAJAJAJAJAJAJA...good luck finding those prices.

Those prices are official fixed prices for selected products. Now, we both know that nothing guarantees you that said products will actually be available at the shops, when you look for them... [Image: wink.gif]