rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

I’m surprised that no one has yet done a write up of Columbus. I’ve been here for over 4 years now and feel that I have a solid grasp on the city, so I want to write what I’ve learned so far.

The City

Columbus is the 15th largest city in the nation, the capital of and largest city in Ohio, and home to a metro population of almost 1.9 million.

Columbus, affectionately known as C-Bus, isn’t known for too much besides The Ohio State University. While Columbus is a pleasant city, there isn’t too much here that would bring in tourists. While Columbus doesn’t have too much in the way of sightseeing, there are a ton of great bars and restaurants, shopping centers and parks. But again, I can't really see a particular reason to come out here. It may be nice for a weekend trip, or maybe you have a business trip that brings you out here. Also, if you’re a football fan it’s pretty hoppin on game days. The best time to come in my opinion is either the Fall or Spring. In the winter it’s too cold, and in the summer school is out so there is less going on in the city.

Like I said before, there are a ton of great bars and restaurants, shopping centers and parks and more which provide for great opportunities for both day game and picking up at night. Let’s get into it!

Nightlife

I will discuss three different major nightlife areas of Columbus, all pretty close to one another near the University and downtown. They are: Campus area, the Short North, and Arena District.

Campus Area: Columbus is home to THE Ohio State University (Go Bucks!) where nearly 60,000 students attend making it one of, if not the largest university in the nation. When there are that many college students around there are bound to be some drinking establishments. Most of the bars (and the only one’s worth going to imo) on campus are on High Street, on the other side of the street from campus. This street runs along the East end of campus; it also runs all the way North to the suburbs, and South through the whole downtown and beyond. If you’re looking to party on campus, there are at least a dozen bars adjacent to campus. You can choose to do a lot of bar hopping, but I recommend sticking to the southern half of this strip (i.e. 10th to 15th ave).

Let’s start with the Gateway Complex: This is a compact little courtyard looking area with a few bars, restaurants, and a movie theatre. It was once home to three good bars, but now only one: Ugly Tuna. Essentially this area is going to become office buildings or some shit, so the bars here are unfortunately moving. Anyway Ugly Tuna: This bar is meant for drinking. Cheap prices and is always packed, forcing you to make close contact with people. Drunk people crammed together. Cha Ching! Pickup central.

Walk a few blocks North and you’ll find Big Bar: They’re always changing promoters, so it has its ups and downs (At the time of this posting it is once again solid). It has a big lower level with the main bar and dance floor, a VIP level upstairs (some nights) and a roof top patio. This is a great spot, probably the best spot on campus for Game, as it’s where the hotties love to go. It is also probably the only place where all girls wear heels and dresses consistently.

Go next door and you’ll find Midway, a bar that has blown up in terms of popularity recently. The talent is always solid and it is always a good time on the weekends. Midway is almost a combination of sorts of the two aforementioned bars. It has a dance floor upstairs which is always packed by the time I get there I don’t even bother trying to squeeze my way in, a big patio that is also always crammed and a bar inside.
There are a ton more bars on this street like I said, so just walk around and find one that catches your eye. There are tons of people always walking up and down the street at night, so just stop a group and say, “Hey, what bar is good tonight?”

Short North

This area is known for being friendly to gays, home to art galleries, and yuppy twenty somethings. I’m really not going to discuss this area as I rarely go there and it is also not game friendly. What I mean by that is that the women there are not very attractive and one’s odds of getting a SNL are the lowest. I went there two weekends ago and my opinion was solidified. The bars, which are plentiful and outnumber campus bars, are classier than campus and are nice for a relaxing evening, but again I can’t recommend it for Game purposes.

If you elect to go, two bars which I've been to and have a solid crowd are Pint House and Bernard's. Those are your best bet imo.

Park St. (aka Arena District)

The street in Columbus that is rockin every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. The party gets going around 11:30 and is good till 2 when the bars close. There are tons of bars on this small street.

First let’s start off with Park Street Complex: This complex connects 4 massive bars to one another. They’re somewhat different from one another, some more club like, others just chill drinking atmosphere’s. What I like to do is just walk around the place opening girls. You absolutely cannot go wrong here!!! It is packed with the best looking girls in the city and is the place to be on the weekend. Thursday is 18+, packed with college students, and the weekend is more geared towards those in their 20’s and 30’s. You must check this out (I prefer to go on Thursday’s).
Next door you have two similar bars (to one another, not Park St. Complex). Brothers and Gaswerks. Very chill drinking crowd, pretty crowded and filled with people ages 24-30 on the weekends. Brothers on Thursdays is now 19+, which has made its popularity soar, and not just on Thursdays. In this area you also have Cantina too (never been, but heard on Wednesday’s it is frequented by high schoolers, and sluts on the other nights), and a few other classy establishments.

While C-Bus is a big city, these are the only three areas I am familiar with and that I would reccomend. No point in going to some bar out in the suburbs. The hot girls are all either downtown or on campus.

Day Game

OSU Campus

A massive campus! There is the oval, essentially a quad centered in campus. When warm weather comes around this place is PACKED with girls sunbathing, people playing Frisbee, or just people reading and talking. A must see in Spring, early Fall. I would recommend going at any time in the morning or afternoon to campus and just walk around. It is a huge place, so if you want to open girls just ask for directions or where to find a good coffee shop. Too easy.

If you like coffee shops I can’t recommend the Starbucks on campus enough. In fact, I’m sitting here right now! It is one block over from Greek row, so there is a steady stream of sorority girls coming in and out.

Easton Shopping Center

One of the biggest and classiest malls I’ve been too. Tons of shops in the main indoor mall, as well as dozens of shops and restaurants outside, great when the weather is nice. Just a great spot for day game imo.

Hotels, Transportation etc.

I would recommend just staying in the Downtown area, as close to High St. as possible, there are plenty of nice hotels. Cabs are very common like any big city. Also, if you’re staying downtown and want to get to campus, the bus service is very convenient. There’s the #2 bus which is a straight shot to campus and downtown, and vice-a-versa.

Further Info

There is probably more that can be discussed, but I either a.) Don’t think it is worth mentioning or b.) Don’t feel qualified to discuss it. Columbus may not be on your bucket list, but should make for a nice weekend if you live in the Mid-West or East Coast and just want something different. It truly is a cool city, also up and coming in terms of affluence.

Here is a link to the Columbus meetup thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-27647.html

Me and DLV Master have gone out twice now, and may go out our 3rd time this weekend. Both times it has been a lot of fun, and it will likely be great this weekend as well. We’ve both noticed that campus bars are by far the best in terms of picking up. We've both gotten make outs or numbers here in these two times. If any of you are within driving distance I implore you to join us. Unfortunately I will be graduating in 6 weeks or so, and then I’m leaving Ohio. I will definitely miss it. In the meetup thread puckman wrote:

"Here's the scoop; you will not experience ANYTHING ever again as fruitful for pussy like THE Ohio State University. Since this is your last semester I would make it your best and get as many bangs as possible, quickly, like 50. Go Fuck Bucks! Remember the grandpa in Little Miss Sunshine telling the grandson to just go get lots of pussy? Thats me, I am the old grisled grandpa with an OSU visor dying in the back of the van while you're driving to a party on 16th Ave. Seriously, make this your best semester ever and just get laid, this is as good as it gets. Now get out there, do your best at school, and get some OHIO SKANKSSSS"

I’m sure I’m going to look back at how I took this place for granite, so I am looking to make the most of it in the time I have here.

Post some questions if you have any, I’d be happy to answer them. For more info there was an ROK article posted a while back:

http://www.returnofkings.com/9636/what-h...s-columbus

His observations are pretty similar to mine.

I’ve been around RVF for a few months, and look forward to being a part of this community. It is a great resource for the lifestyle I want. I’ve learned a lot so far and am very appreciative of it. I’m a young guy, but I hope to share what I’ve learned so far with you all.

Seth Rose

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Nice data sheet, even though I'll probably never go there. Have you ever gone to a Blue Jackets game?

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

so now we have the Ohio Triad:

MSW's Cincy in the SW
El Mech's p00n Belt in the NE
and Seth's C-bus in the middle

[Image: clap2.gif]

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Spent a few weekends in C-Bus while intending IU.

Good times for the Midwest and banged 3/4 visits.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

My Dad is a professor at Ohio State and were it not for my determination to study in Europe I would have almost certainly gone there. I visit Columbus fairly often (at least annually) and can vouch for everything the OP has said! Some further recommendations I can add to the Ohio State campus section bar wise are Too's on High Street and 4th Street Bar on 4th Street (surprise surprise) Nice to see what is in my eyes an underrated city in the US get some love on the forum. Go Bucks!

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (11-04-2013 08:45 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Nice data sheet, even though I'll probably never go there. Have you ever gone to a Blue Jackets game?

Yep, but only once. Not a huge hockey fan. I was at Brother's last weekend, which is right by the arena (hence the name Arena District). There were a TON of Maple Leaf fans.

Quote: (11-04-2013 10:49 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

so now we have the Ohio Triad:

MSW's Cincy in the SW
El Mech's p00n Belt in the NE
and Seth's C-bus in the middle

Don't forget Zanesville haha

Quote: (11-05-2013 01:02 AM)LaPastillaRoja Wrote:  

My Dad is a professor at Ohio State and were it not for my determination to study in Europe I would have almost certainly gone there. I visit Columbus fairly often (at least annually) and can vouch for everything the OP has said! Some further recommendations I can add to the Ohio State campus section bar wise are Too's on High Street and 4th Street Bar on 4th Street (surprise surprise) Nice to see what is in my eyes an underrated city in the US get some love on the forum. Go Bucks!

Awesome, let me know if you're down here anytime soon. As for the bars:

Toos: I'm starting to like Too's more. At first I thought it was just a shitty dive bar, but then I realized it's just a place to get shitty. My only complaints are it's loud as hell. It is also 99% white. Tuesday is a $2 cover, but $1 beer bottles so it's worth it, plus it's a good crowd.

4th St: Also, good on Tuesday's. It's a few blocks off High St. so you can't really bar hop from here, but it can make for a good night, especially over the summer when it gets packed.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

What about Zanesville?

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

I was in Columbus for a weekend in October. I stayed at the Hilton by the Convention Center. I was there on business so I didn't get to do much partying but the Hilton is right next to a major entertainment district with clubs, bars, restaurants, etc. Definitely saw some nice talent while I was there and would recommend this Hilton because of the location and the facility is excellent.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (11-05-2013 09:38 AM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

Don't forget Zanesville haha

Quote: (11-05-2013 12:11 PM)Menace Wrote:  

What about Zanesville?

i hazzz binn 2 Zzzanezzzville !!!

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (11-04-2013 07:52 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

I’m surprised that no one has yet done a write up of Columbus. I’ve been here for over 4 years now and feel that I have a solid grasp on the city, so I want to write what I’ve learned so far.

The City

Columbus is the 15th largest city in the nation, the capital of and largest city in Ohio, and home to a metro population of almost 1.9 million.

Columbus, affectionately known as C-Bus, isn’t known for too much besides The Ohio State University.

I thought ohio university is in Athens Ohio not columbus

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (01-30-2014 08:30 PM)legendcraft Wrote:  

Quote: (11-04-2013 07:52 PM)Seth_Rose Wrote:  

The City

Columbus, affectionately known as C-Bus, isn’t known for too much besides The Ohio State University.

I thought ohio university is in Athens Ohio not columbus

It is. Ohio State is in Columbus. They are two different colleges.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

I lived there from 1998 to 2004. I wish I had known about this stuff when I lived there.

The thing about OSU is that you have a lot of small-town girls suddenly thrown into the big college and big city. It overwhelms them.

Finally, Columbus is a good traffic city. I lived in Clintonville and could get to anyplace in the 614 area code in a half hour. They have the highways they need and anticipate needs.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Let me start by giving a shout out to Seth_Rose for his excellent datasheet on the city. Since he covered a lot of great info, I will be more or less sharing personal anecdotes and a couple updates on the city as of February 2015.

City
Just 20 years ago Columbus could have easily been considered a 3rd or 4th tier American city and definitely took a back seat to Cleveland and Cincinnati (not that those were prime destinations at the time either). Even back then, Ohio State was considered a shit university by academic standards and overall appeal. Since the early/mid-90s the city has seen a massive urban revival and subsequent population explosion downtown and in the surrounding neighborhoods. The university underwent a massive facelift in the early 2000s, raised academic standards and now caters itself to international students/universities from all over the world (particularly East/SE Asia).

This progress, IMO, has caused the city to over take Cleveland and Cincinnati as the top destination in Ohio and one of the best-kept secrets in both the Midwest U.S. and perhaps the entire country. The amount of Cleveland, Cincinnati and other Midwest transplants I met more than proved this to me. The affordable cost of living attracts many people away from the east coast cities and Chicago as well.

Demographics
The combination of Ohio State, large international corporations like Honda, Nationwide, Limited Brands and the increase of 2nd & 3rd world immigrants makes Columbus more diverse than the average observer might believe. I posted census data as an FYI, I’m sure it’s become more diverse in the 5-6 years since this data was compiled. I’ve heard that many corporations use Columbus as a test market for products and services since it offers a perfect mix of diversity.

2010 Census
-White: 61.5%
-Black/AA: 28%
-Hispanic/Latino: 5.6%
-Asian: 4.1%

Columbus also has a very large LGBT population, which is a mixed bag in my opinion. On one hand there is less competition in certain neighborhoods, but the culture’s presence can be felt a bit too much at times and it can infect venues you wouldn’t expect to find it in. LGBT heavy areas include the Short North, Italian Village, and German Village and sometimes on OSU’s campus depending on whether or not there is a SJW circle jerk going on.

Ohio State
Take Seth’s advice here, though there are a couple of off the beaten spots for those who are eager enough to explore the area.

Recommended Campus Venues
Out R’ Inn: A good warm-up spot for approaches if you need it. It could be a good meeting spot if you’ve pipelined an OSU chick that lives on the north side of off-campus. Lots of pool tables and a large back patio.

4th Street Bar: A bit more off the beaten path from High Street, but it offers a more diverse crowd with many non-students and hipster types in the mix. The half-off drink special on Tuesdays at 4th attracts a massive crowd of OSU students and I’ve had multiple notches on those nights. Likewise, 4th could be a initial meeting spot (before 10PM) if you’ve pipelined an OSU chick who lives on the far east side of off-campus.

Ugly Tuna: Refer to Seth

Big Bar: Refer to Seth. This is my favorite dance game spot (after Charlie Bear left) on campus.

Midway: Refer to Seth

Too’s: It’s in a goddamn basement, but it is a great early in the night game spot. It is crap after 10-11PM due to too many dudes.

Lucky’s: Just a block south of Gateway, always a big crowd. A couple of nights I’ve experienced horrible female to male proportions so this can be a definitely hit or miss.

Nyoh’s: This spot is very much off the beaten path when compared to the other OSU venues I listed. I frequented Nyoh’s when I was at OSU. This place is a “country” bar that has 18+ Thursday nights where there are line-dancing sessions lol. If you have any sort of country vibe about you or a southern drawl, consider this venue 100% notch certainty. During the first few Thursday nights of the Fall semester, this place will be crawling with 18,19 and 20-year-old pussy. I never went there on a weekend night.

OSU Day Game
Refer to Seth. The entire campus is one giant day gaming opportunity, especially during the Fall and Spring semesters when it is warmer. OSU students call the Oval, “Oval Beach” on these days as almost everyone is dressed in beach wear.

[Image: 228591_10150249233001171_5601799_n.jpg]
=
[Image: 2432226147_ddd028e7cb.jpg?w=225&h=132]

Int’l Student Game
OSU has international students from hundreds of countries spanning all continents, but they are predominantly from East Asia, SE Asia and India. The only int’l students I went after were the SE Asians and having never been to Asia I really struggled to game and date some of these women in the beginning. Those of you who have more experience with young, educated Asian women will presumably be able to kill it here if you were so inclined. Occasionally there will be int’l students at some of the hot spots listed above, but since there are usually hundreds of people from their own country at OSU they seem to always stick amongst themselves.

Some of these int’l students are very westernized, and you will see them driving around campus in brand new Porsches and Beamers their daddy back home just bought them. Some are fresh off the boat in a western country for the first time in their life and worship the white god. The gap is wide when it comes to these chicks and it’s much tougher than pulling your average white OSU girl, but more rewarding. I was able to get my Vietnamese and South Korean flag before I graduated. Wish I had focused on grabbing more flags while I was there.

Short North/Italian Village
Refer to Seth here, not much has changed in the Short North since his post. Prime opportunity for game in the shops/art galleries when they open and along High Street if the weather is nice.

I’d also recommend giving Skully’s Ladies 80s Thursday nights a shot if you are in the area. While there will be more older women who have rode the cock carousel in the place on those nights, the venue atmosphere is great for picking-up. I was able to score a notch with a 34 year-old milf there once and another with an OSU student my age. Skully’s has many concerts and does draw a more urban crowd on non-Ladies 80s nights.

Park Street/Arena District
Once again Seth is spot on. Tons of bars, all next to each other and it is only a ~$15 cab ride from north OSU campus. A must go if you are in town. The last time I was in town, ratios were horrible at all of the bars on the street. Needless to say I left for campus. Park St. and Short North are easy walks from each other and do not require a ride unless you are at the far north end of Short North.

German Village/Brewery District
German Village is a very cool cultural and historic neighborhood in Columbus, but I’d skip going or staying here unless you are going to be in town for more than a weekend. It is kind of similar to the Short North in terms of LGBT vibe, upscale venues, demographics, etc. Though on a nice spring or fall day there will be lots of people out and about in the neighborhood and thus it has some day game potential (I’ve never tried day game here myself). Another drawback to German Village is that it is 10+ minutes further south from Park St. If you do end up this here by way of pipelining I recommend the following dive bars: Beck Tavern, Gresso’s or the Red Brick Tap.

Grandview
This section of the city is just across 315 from the Park Street/Arena District area and could be an area to grab a good deal on Airbnb to stay at. Grandview is also home to a venue called the Woodlands Tavern. It can get extremely hipster on weeknights, though on weekends it draws a more diverse crowd. I would only give it a shot if you want to bang hipster chicks, otherwise there is nothing here that you couldn’t get at Park St.

Bexley
I have very limited experiences here, but Bexley is home to Capital University, old money Victorian mansions and Jews. Capital is a very small liberal arts school that draws primarily rich trust fund type students. Though I don’t have much first hand experience on gaming at Capital, I do know the Leipzig Haus or the “Zig” as it is called is a popular dive spot for students and could be a decent play. I wouldn’t go out of my way for it though.

Other Random Spots
Hollywood Casino: This place is in a shit part of town and out of the way of all of the neighborhoods I listed here. Unless you are really in the mood to gamble or you are staying in Columbus for longer than a weekend, I would pass on this place. If you like gaming in casinos, then by all means.

Places To Stay
There are several hotels near the High Street/Broad Street intersection that are a block over from Park Street and a ~12-15 minute max cab ride from OSU, thus setting you up for solid logistics. Hampton Inn, Hilton and the Hyatt Regency are the closest to Park Street.

If you want to stay between Park Street and OSU, Airbnb will provide you ample opportunity to do so with many listings in the Short North, Italian Village or Victorian Village.

Other Transportation/Logistics Notes
If you are sticking to High Street corridor, Cabs and Uber will be cheap. Lyft just recently ended their operations in Columbus so you might want to avoid Uber on really busy nights as demand is probably through the roof now.

COTA is the public bus system in Columbus, they have pretty good service along High Street, but it gets spottier the later the night goes. COTA just started running a free downtown bus circulator that runs from the middle of the Short North down High Street through Downtown until it reaches the Brewery District. I never had the chance to use it when I was there, but it sounds like something to take advantage of.

Overall
Unless you live less than a 5-6 hour drive away or you really just want to bang a variety of types of college girls, I don’t think Columbus deserves a special trip. If you are coming on account of business or moving for work I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what the city can offer you in terms of women and things to do. I would encourage all 17-18 American or Foreigner who are looking at colleges to definitely consider OSU. Decent price tag/cost of living, solid STEM & business programs, and tens of thousands of girls from all over.

Check out Columbus Underground before you get into town and see what is going on while you are there.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

[Image: clap.gif]

Fantastic info man, +1

I haven't been back since graduation. Oh Columbus, how I long for thee...

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Edit

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

mustards, crazy mama's, south heidleberg, staches, anyone?? yeah, after graduation grandview is a great place to live. I had a great house there, and many friends still living that Van Wilder life well into their late 30's. sort of grew up on high street as a kid, so by the time I was college age I wasnt easily impressed.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

A bunch of my buddies and my brother go to Ohio State, and I visit fairly frequently (~3 weekends a semester). It's really sad though - there's a huge collective of people from my high school and hometown there and they only associate with each other and invite people they know to their parties. They never get laid, which is unbelievable considering the sheer volume of pussy in Columbus.

I may have a slightly different opinion of the best time to visit. During the fall, everything revolves around OSU football. This season is a blast because everyone spends all day getting obliterated before the game, which is a great time to game girls and have a good time drinking with friends. However, after the game, many people are exhausted and it hampers the nightlife and late night enthusiasm just a bit. On the contrary, I've found that the spring is golden season for hookups. Regardless, Ohio State is a blast.

When I go, I visit from my school so I'm relegated to couches. However, it makes for a fun game when you have to end up in a chick's bed or you get stuck sharing a blanket with a dude. I typically revert to a consistent girl when I'm in town if nothing pans out. Although banging some chick against a tree in my buddy's backyard while slamming a beer may have been the most fun night of the fall.

Also, I should point out that Too's and Formaggio's are great for the pre game, while Midway is our go-to for the bulk of the night. It can reach capacity if you arrive too late, though. Big Bar is also great because it's 18+ if I remember correctly.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (02-02-2015 01:36 AM)keysersoze Wrote:  

A bunch of my buddies and my brother go to Ohio State, and I visit fairly frequently (~3 weekends a semester). It's really sad though - there's a huge collective of people from my high school and hometown there and they only associate with each other and invite people they know to their parties. They never get laid, which is unbelievable considering the sheer volume of pussy in Columbus.

I may have a slightly different opinion of the best time to visit. During the fall, everything revolves around OSU football. This season is a blast because everyone spends all day getting obliterated before the game, which is a great time to game girls and have a good time drinking with friends. However, after the game, many people are exhausted and it hampers the nightlife and late night enthusiasm just a bit. On the contrary, I've found that the spring is golden season for hookups. Regardless, Ohio State is a blast.

When I go, I visit from my school so I'm relegated to couches. However, it makes for a fun game when you have to end up in a chick's bed or you get stuck sharing a blanket with a dude. I typically revert to a consistent girl when I'm in town if nothing pans out. Although banging some chick against a tree in my buddy's backyard while slamming a beer may have been the most fun night of the fall.

Also, I should point out that Too's and Formaggio's are great for the pre game, while Midway is our go-to for the bulk of the night. It can reach capacity if you arrive too late, though. Big Bar is also great because it's 18+ if I remember correctly.

That's the truth about college that most people don't realize. Most guys (80% or so) aren't getting laid, and if they do it's with someone from their immediate social circle. After that they'll likely get tied down.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Tremendous writeup

Had a homeboy who lived there 5 or 6 years, and couldn't give me 1/3 of that intel

Instead, he complained every chance he got - negativity begets negativity

MDP

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Hit the Arena bar area of Columbus this Saturday night. There definitely was some decent talent out tonight, but bad ratios everywhere. 2:1-3:1 Male to female. Saw several groups of bachelorette parties as well as pairs that looked like they could be broken up. I would not make a special trip to columbus, but there is potential if you have game. Most of the girls were under 28, many under 24, so it is a younger crowd.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Considering a move to Columbus. Any new updates on the city? How about places to live for a late 20s male in terms of having the best logistics for gaming?

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Quote: (11-08-2015 01:00 PM)TheBadGuy Wrote:  

Considering a move to Columbus. Any new updates on the city? How about places to live for a late 20s male in terms of having the best logistics for gaming?

Without question the best neighborhoods in terms of logistics will be the Short North, Italian Village or Victorian Village, the neighborhoods closest to Park Street and High Street. There has been an explosion of new development in these neighborhoods over the past 5 years. As has been noted previously, these areas are extremely gay friendly, but that life in Columbus for you. As you can guess this is also the most expensive area of Columbus.

In these neighborhoods you will be near all the action over on Park Street and High Street and you will be centrally located within the city so you will have good accessibility to OSU, German Village, Grandview, etc.

Grandview gives you good access to Short North and Park Street, but it's less lively than Short North, etc. The venues there are better for first dates. With that said, there is a lot of new development in Grandview and it could transition into a neighborhood with more nightlife.

Since you are in your late 20s, you should still hit up OSU for day and night game. But I would not recommend living in the shit hole apartments off campus. Though there are some nice new apartments being constructed. Old North Columbus does not have great venues, but it gives you good access to OSU. The gap between the Short North and OSU would probably be the best bang for your buck. That's where I would first look to live.

German Village is a cool neighborhood in terms of it's looks and it is becoming a lot younger than it used to be, but like Grandview, the night game venues are pretty lackluster. It's also isolated on the south side of the downtown.

Olde Town East and Franklinton are rapidly gentrifying and have potential in the next 5-10 years. One of these neighborhoods will likely become Short North 2.0. You could find a bargain in one of these neighborhoods and still have somewhat acceptable logistics.

Whatever you do, just don't live out in the suburbs or anywhere close to 270.

I've had the pleasure of returning to Columbus once this year and that was for ComFest weekend. Besides OSU gamedays, this is the best weekend for swooping chicks. It's got a hippie vibe no doubt, but all types of chicks in Columbus come out for it. It's early summer, vibes are up and everyone is happy. Venues in the Short North/Park Street seem to have the best ratios on this weekend too.

Also, as the refugees/migrants from Africa and the Middle East continue to pour into Columbus you could explore this angle. Tons of new diversity in Hilliard and NE Columbus. These areas are something I failed to completely explore during my time in the city.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Don't forget about Clintonville. It was safer than Victorian Village, Italian Village, and the Short North. Columbus is great for traffic, so there are lots of good places to live.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

Columbus has always been a sleeper city for me. Cheap COL, Ohio State poon, fairly large city with a fair amount of opportunity, red state, etc. It's just so far from the bible belt, networking would be a pain in the ass.when I get more experience and improve my capital I will definitely put myself out their to the recruiters in Columbus.

Growth Over Everything Else.

Columbus, OH Data Sheet

For anyone headed back to cowtown, I strongly suggest you check this hotel out: http://www.lemeridiencolumbus.com/

$200/night in the Short North, for what is usually a $500+/night hotel in LA or NYC. I stayed on the upper floor last summer right after it opened, and you can easily have a party in the upper suites. Usually I stay at the Westin downtown when I am back, its nice to have a cool hotel right in the middle of the Short North.