rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifestyle Professions

Lifestyle Professions

I generally used to view work as a necessary evil. My perspective has evolved a little bit in recent years as I realize that fulfillment can/should be found in what you do for a living. That said, a 70+ hour work week and 2 weeks vacation can only be described as a slavery. Even if its well-compensated, it cant be justified. The only thing worse than being broke is watching 0s in your bank account grow while life passes you buy. Our greatest asset is time and so I would to get a list going of professions that maximize said time.The jobs should meet the following criteria:

1.) <=40 hour work week

2.) Are in demand globally

3.) Allow for a significant amount of travel/vacation

4.) One can walk into with within 1-2 years training/experience

My contribution, licensed teacher. God forgive me for making of fun of education majors. If you are licensed teacher, you can get a western salary in virtually any city on earth. The packages they get are unreal. Relocation allowance. Free housing. Car allowance. 60 days paid vacation. No taxes.
A bachelors degree is required but in most countries you can get licensed within a year.

Lifestyle Professions

Programmer/Software Developer . You can work like a lawyer 100hrs/week, work a normal 40/hr week or work as a part time contractor and do pretty well. Usually working at a normal job for a few years helps establish yourself.

Lifestyle Professions

If you always view work as a necessary evil AND you're looking for a lifestyle profession, you'll never be happy with your lifestyle or your work.

You must be one with your work.

Lifestyle Professions

Pyre, my perspective has changed. I fixed the op to make that clearer. Most people in America are 'one with their work', they are their work. It is a not a rosy picture or one which I seek to emulate. I would like to have a job which I enjoy and which I perform to the best of my abilities but there should be a life outside of it.

Lifestyle Professions

fashion buyer meets all criteria. pay is pretty good as you rise up the ranks too.

Lifestyle Professions

Quote: (10-25-2013 01:18 PM)Magyarphile Wrote:  

Pyre, my perspective has changed. I fixed the op to make that clearer. Most people in America are 'one with their work', they are their work. It is a not a rosy picture or one which I seek to emulate. I would like to have a job which I enjoy and which I perform to the best of my abilities but there should be a life outside of it.

No they're not. American's favorite expression is "hump day" for Wednesday. As soon as 5 hits, everyone hits happy hour and complains about their work.

Americans on average hate their jobs, which is why they're always complaining about being overworked.

Lifestyle Professions

Quote: (10-25-2013 12:42 PM)Magyarphile Wrote:  

My contribution, licensed teacher. God forgive me for making of fun of education majors. If you are licensed teacher, you can get a western salary in virtually any city on earth. The packages they get are unreal. Relocation allowance. Free housing. Car allowance. 60 days paid vacation. No taxes.
A bachelors degree is required but in most countries you can get licensed within a year.

What do you mean by licensed teacher? Teacher of what specifically? Break that down a bit.

Lifestyle Professions

What is hump day? I never got it.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Lifestyle Professions

Quote: (10-25-2013 02:02 PM)Pyre Wrote:  

Americans on average hate being overworked, which is why they're always complaining about their jobs.

There, I fixed it for you.[Image: wink.gif] You can have a job which you love, but if you work too much it will turn your life to shit. Americans have one of the worst work/life balances in the world. This is why they are fat, miserable and can never have enough money ( I am generalizing). I actually like Americans(my mother is one) but the work culture is terribly unhealthy and people tend to have a huge identity crisis when they are outside of their office cubicles. To make my point, "So what do you do?" is actually a valid way of introducing yourself in the U.S....

Lifestyle Professions

Quote: (10-25-2013 02:13 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2013 12:42 PM)Magyarphile Wrote:  

What do you mean by licensed teacher? Teacher of what specifically? Break that down a bit.

I mean having a government-issue license to teach in your state/province/country. You can specialize in whatever area you want. The biggest demand in the international American/Brit schools is for math/science teachers but you can find anything. Here is an ad for a highschool econ teacher in Kazahkstan, pretty good perks(ive seen better though).