rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iceland Unleashed

Iceland Unleashed

I have been promising this for a while. However, since I got back my job has been kicking my butt.

From the end of June through the end of July 2010 I spent a total of 4 weeks in Iceland. I can sum up my experience in the following words: Visit with low expectation and prepare to be surprised.

I think this holds true for anywhere you visit. I will not bore you all with what to sightsee and I will get down to the core of the matter and that is girls.

I found several interesting facts about this place:

1.For those of us AA or non-whites who think this is the land that the ladies will fall at our feet think again, effort is needed.

2.The American military, British Stag parties and African Immigrants to Iceland have almost ruined a gold mine that was present 5-10 years ago.

3.Despite point 1 and 2 you will if you are non-white expect more attention that usual in a positive way.

4.Summer is not necessarily the best time to go. This is because everyone is out in the countryside and/or traveling abroad. Fall/winter being the best.

In my opinion, Iceland had more beauties per capita than I have seen in all of MY travel experience. I am sure this is debatable but for me I found that to be the case. If you are into average to tall height, blonds that are always stylish and sophisticated this is the place for you. There was a good mixture between blonds, brunettes, and dark haired girls. In my opinion the most striking ones where the dark hard girls with stark blue eyes! The body types I noticed varied. Most had great bodies but I did notice quite a few “thick” girls that looked lovely. You will find some whales though! I think this comes from their diet and getting depressed over the winter months!

The people in Iceland speak great English. The English spoken here mostly resembles American English because the TV and pop culture they follow the most is from the US. Many of the TV stations they had in the past were piped in from the US. No problem communicating with the women here.

Everyone dresses very stylishly. However, I can tell that the local girls are bit turned off by the ultra over the top “swag” that we may display here. Talking to a few fellow British and American guys confirmed this. I would advise to tune it down a bit and come off stylish but more subtle.

Most game here is “drunk” game. The guys have little game unless they try and get a girl to go home with them drunk. On the weekends everyone gets wasted before going out to the club. One girl told me that there entire dating culture is “hook-up” based. She told me they get smashed go home with someone, wake up in the morning and decide if they want to continue seeing that person. No “traditional” dating involved which came in handy!

Pre-Game:

I was most successful communicating with girls via tagged.com. I tried other sites like facebook but girls seemed weirded out with answering my questions and accepting my friendship. An African guy I met that ended up being a great friend to me there put me on to Einkamal.com. That website is very interesting because it has people that want to hook up casually along with people that want to a real date. I didn’t find out about the site until my last two weeks of the trip. After a few days I had hundreds of views and tens of women that wanted to meet up. Also many threesome offers. The website is in Icelandic but Goolge translate helped me get my profile going.

Foot Soldier Gaming (day game):

From Thursday through Saturday there are many girls on the streets of Reykjavik in the summer looking fly. You will catch many stares and greeting from girls driving by and my best advice is to rush them immediately if you want to talk to them. They are not used to. Some get shy or may tell you that they have a boyfriend, EVENTUALLY; however it is worth the effort. Also there are coffee houses that have outdoor patios you can meet a lot of people. One of my favorites was Café Paris. The best times to do this are between 7-11 pm. After that most are at their friends houses pregame drinking before they leave.

Night Gaming:

Here is the list of venues that were popular during my stay:

Thursday nights:
Café Oliver (http://www.cafeoliver.is/flash.html) this place was very nice and is also good on the weekends. However people seemed to love this place on Thursday when they had this guy with a guitar singing cover songs. The entire crowd would drunkenly sing along. Here you could find many ladies and people from the hostel down the street. I linked up with girls from different countries at this place that where in Iceland volunteering.

This is the start...much more to come.........

Iceland Unleashed

This is all great information. Thanks for sharing.

Just curious -- how many Eastern European countries (and which ones) have you been to? I ask because I have not found any place with the sheer concentration of beautiful women as I have along the Northern Beltway of Hotness that extends from Scandinavia all the way east towards Siberia. Always been curious how Iceland might compare.

Iceland Unleashed

Great data sheet fman +1 for sure.

NOTE: I tried to check out both the links you mentioned, and the links are either broken or the sites are down. Did you see a huge latino crowd anywhere or Latin guys in general gaming as you made observations?

Mixx

Iceland Unleashed

Isn't Rekjavik super small? I hear it's more like a college town than an actual city. Is there a decent variety of nightlife options?

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (11-05-2010 11:08 AM)subutai Wrote:  

This is all great information. Thanks for sharing.

Just curious -- how many Eastern European countries (and which ones) have you been to? I ask because I have not found any place with the sheer concentration of beautiful women as I have along the Northern Beltway of Hotness that extends from Scandinavia all the way east towards Siberia. Always been curious how Iceland might compare.

I have never been to any EE countries however many lived in Iceland and they were beautiful.

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (11-05-2010 01:13 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Great data sheet fman +1 for sure.

NOTE: I tried to check out both the links you mentioned, and the links are either broken or the sites are down. Did you see a huge latino crowd anywhere or Latin guys in general gaming as you made observations?

Mixx

Hey Mixx,
You wouldn't believe it but my last week their I went to the Rekjavik Latin Festival! Mostly Cuban and Venezuelan morenos y trigueños. Tons of locals as well. I speak Spanish and had a blast asking them how they landed in Iceland. I went to Latin night every Wendsday and there where many followers however almost 90% locals. The owner of the dance class company salsaiceland.com is central american.

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (11-05-2010 01:40 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Isn't Rekjavik super small? I hear it's more like a college town than an actual city. Is there a decent variety of nightlife options?

You are right, it is very small. There are tons of places to go, however as you can imagine I started to see familiar faces by the last week. I really lost my drive to go out by then.

Iceland Unleashed

Perfect timing, great post.

What do you recommend for studio/apt rental? Some of the rates I'm seeing online are crazy high ($100/night, more than a hotel) so I'm thinking of hitting the iceland couchsurfing group to rent a room with someone.

Iceland Unleashed

Hey Roosh,
For the time I spent it was more worth it to get an apartment. It worked out to be $70 a day. This is the exact place that I had:

http://iceapart.com/

It was one of the best locations in Reykjavik. One block behind the town square where all the clubs, pubs and restaurant start.

Quote: (11-05-2010 02:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Perfect timing, great post.

What do you recommend for studio/apt rental? Some of the rates I'm seeing online are crazy high ($100/night, more than a hotel) so I'm thinking of hitting the iceland couchsurfing group to rent a room with someone.

Iceland Unleashed

Great report, Fman! Worth the wait.

American military, british stags, and african immigrants have ruined a gold mine.....haha...haven't heard that before...

Iceland Unleashed

MY ICELAND REPORT - APRIL 2011.

Well just returned from a 3 day trip to Iceland, Reykjavik. I must start of by saying thanks to Fman who put me in touch with a stand-up local, who stirred me in the right direction.

Accomodations - I made the right decision and rented an apartment right in the 101 district, which is the club area. On my flights there were tons of old people and a few meatheads who had that "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" attitude. Luckily they were staying at the Hilton, I ran into a few of them at the Hostel but thankfully not at night.
Speaking of the Hostel, there is an interesting one called the Backpackers Hostel in the same area. Good location, good price I would assume and alot of foreign travellers if you are into that. I met another Canadian girl there and a very cute local girl.

Weather - was very interesting. Cold but not freezing, Toronto actually feels colder right now. On the friday I experienced rain, snow, sleet, sunshine and grey skies all in one day. I wore a vest and a warm sweater which did me ok.

Food - I went to the the fishandchip.is restaurant which was advertised in the tourist books. The fish was nice but not mind blowing, the price $21 for a small portion and a beer. Other than that I bought a few groceries and made salmon sandwiches to get me by. Oh yeah, i ate a few of there hot dogs which were yummy.

Daygame - Icelanders are very reserved and seem a little bit shy in the daytime. My contact told me approaching in the day is not advised and he always meets girls at night. I ventured to the Kringlan shopping mall and did not experience any real opportunities. I also went over to the gym but much less the same vibe, well maybe 2 "thick" girls scoping me.

Night Time - Well as you have probably heard these people party late. Thursday they come out around midnite b/c bars tend to close shortly after 1.00. Friday is considered a quiet night, but it was very lively in my opinion. Saturday is when all hell breaks loose and things get going to the wee hours in the morning. I walked by the bar B5 that Roosh had featured in one article with alot of girls to men ratio, however I did not go inside b/c my contact sd it was not a good club to pull.
On the Saturday I actually walked by there at night and asked a girl for a smoke, she snubbed me even though I offered her money.

Women - well I have no complaints about the women at all. They are damn sexy, have a great sense of style (all wear heels and skirts at night), there are a fair share that seem to be thick bordering on fat. But there thickness looks better than N-American thickness and yes some are fat. If you are into skinny women then this place is not for you, yes they have slim women but ALL the women have a strong fuck me hard look about them.

Verdict - Due to my contact I was able to get my flag. I had no luck on the internet before I went, but girls seem to dig me once I was there. I am a black Canadian so my experience would be slight different, there is a big market for black guys up there. I went to an African party, which was a easy place to meet local talent. I think I counted about 10 african men in the place and 3 african women. Every girl wanted to know what brought me to Iceland (translation - am I there to stay or play soccer/basketball in there leagues). I did not see a stag party and the time of year i went was perfect.

I would agree with Roosh that you would need two weekends to really get a taste of the place. But overall the women are friendly if they like you. They do not seem to respect there men too much, I found it weird that I did not see many couples. Girls go out in groups ranging from 2 to 6 people.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Iceland Unleashed

Great report Rudebwoy.

Here's an email I sent to someone who went to Iceland (and got his flag). It's kind of like a rough outline of Bang Iceland.

-Thursday night bars are open from 11-1am, Friday and Saturday is until 5am. The only place that I've found has a lot of people on Thursday is Bakkus. Generally not a good night though.

-Saturday is much much bigger than Friday. Saturday is hook-up night. Friday is like a warm-up.

-Day game is nonexistent. The girls are friendly, but they don't bite. If you're going to do day game, do it on other foreign girls.

-Icelanders don't open up to strangers. The only way they'll be open is if they meet from social circle or are drunk.

-It's not like in American where you talk to a girl for hours and take her home. In iceland the only way you'll talk to a girl for more than 30 minutes nonstop is if she lived abroad. Since she knows half the city, your approach will be interrupted constantly.

-Everyone speaks english.

-Don't try to kiss at the bar. She doesn't want people to see.

-I've found it almost useless to approach before 4. The best game that works is last-call game on the weekend. I start to get ready at 4am. Then I approach for real at around 4:30, but the best time is at closing. When the bar closes, your opener should be "do you know another bar that is open?" Have a 5-10 minute friendly chat then go for the venue change.

-Don't give up until the streets are empty. Just keep approaching until the morning hours. This seriously works.

-The best bar in the city is Bakkus. Don't bother much with the clubs, though to see the hottest girls go to b5 on saturday night at 1am. This place is a serious drunkfest, like a movie. Get in line before 1am or else it's anarchy out front. Leave at around 3am and then go to Bakkus

-Another good bar to start is Kaffibarrin, which is a couple blocks from b5.

-For older cougars, go to Austur club. Same deal... arrive at 1. Basically it doesn't matter where you go before 4am, but at around 3:30 you should be in line in Bakkus if you're not getting any bites.

-While Icelandic girls are slutty, getting an "in" is tough cause of how closed they are. But once you're in, you can be banging within an hour.

Iceland Unleashed

Touche Roosh, my flag was pulled at around 4 in the morning on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. I even noticed a few girls walking solo at that time and one girl I had spotted with loads of girls at Vegamot a few hours earlier.

I did not go to Bakkus, where is that.?
Kaffibarrin was a cock fest on the friday I went, apparently it is hard to get into.
Hresso is highly recommended as well.

Our New Blog:

Iceland Unleashed

Nice report, Rude. How would you compare Iceland to Sweden, since you've been to both places now.

Iceland Unleashed

Yeah and those girls walking solo WILL go home with you from a late street approach! In the U.S. that would be desperation game and never work, but in iceland it's actually the best game.

Bakkus was a block away from the main square near the tourist office. It's a decent sized rock/house venue with young girls that were the friendliest I found in Reykjavik.

Yes Kaffibarrin can be a cock fest, unfortunately. I still had some luck there and liked the back room. Line takes 30 minutes but you will get in. again, good for warm-up, but not main event bar.

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (04-19-2011 09:17 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yeah and those girls walking solo WILL go home with you from a late street approach! In the U.S. that would be desperation game and never work, but in iceland it's actually the best game.

So, if you don't get laid on Fri, Sat nights, do you only have yourself to blame?

Is that fair to say?

Iceland Unleashed

Luckystar - well this is the debate I have been thinking since I have returned. Sweden vs Iceland, I think I give Sweden (Stockholm) a very slight nod for girls. I get the feeling girls of a certain quality are a bit harder to pull in Iceland, probably due to the size of the place (reputation etc). I am sure if I lived there it would be a different matter, they seem to like Canadians and we seem to have a bit of a shared history.

Roosh - I could see you in Kaffibarrin, not my scene at all.

Our New Blog:

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (04-19-2011 09:26 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

So, if you don't get laid on Fri, Sat nights, do you only have yourself to blame?

Is that fair to say?

Saturday for sure, not so much Friday (although I had a chance but made the wrong choice).

Our New Blog:

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (04-19-2011 09:27 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Luckystar - well this is the debate I have been thinking since I have returned. Sweden vs Iceland, I think I give Sweden (Stockholm) a very slight nod for girls. I get the feeling girls of a certain quality are a bit harder to pull in Iceland, probably due to the size of the place (reputation etc). I am sure if I lived there it would be a different matter, they seem to like Canadians and we seem to have a bit of a shared history.

Roosh - I could see you in Kaffibarrin, not my scene at all.

My brother has an opp to spend 3 mths in Reykavik. He is torn on what to do. Decisions, decisions....

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (04-19-2011 09:26 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Is that fair to say?

No but if you approach hard after 4am you should have a couple good opportunities. We're not dealing with prostitutes so there is no guarantee.

If you stay for two weekends, and put in Superman effort on Thu/Fri/Sat nights, your odds of getting laid are at least 50%. Worst case you lower your standards, but point is that Icelandic girls want to fuck.

Iceland Unleashed

Quote: (04-19-2011 08:04 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Women - well I have no complaints about the women at all. They are damn sexy, have a great sense of style (all wear heels and skirts at night), there are a fair share that seem to be thick bordering on fat. But there thickness looks better than N-American thickness and yes some are fat. If you are into skinny women then this place is not for you, yes they have slim women but ALL the women have a strong fuck me hard look about them.

Sounds like my kind of place, I'm a sucker for the thick (blonde) Scandinavian type. I think that those looking for skinny women should avoid Scandinavia altogether and go to EE, the Baltics and Russia.

This is what I dug up on the net...seems promising...even Quentin Tarantino is raving about the girls, lol.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/459335/ice...reykjavik/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqL4WxFbZ0s

Iceland Unleashed

OK...that's it...I'm sold!! Iceland is replacing Ukraine this summer for me!!!

Mixx

Iceland Unleashed

I have been there twice, and I can say that even if you dont get laid in Iceland you WILL have a hell of a time. Plus how many people can say that they have been there? Its a pretty unique experience. If you go to Iceland be sure to be there on June 17th, that is their national independence day and happens to fall on a Friday this year. It is guaranteed to be insane.

Iceland Unleashed

truedat -

"I have been there twice"

Bust out a Data Sheet.

Break it down a little.

Iceland Unleashed

G- The DS is here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3237-p...l#pid36186

Can I get a rep point finally haha.