rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you get back in the zone?

I've recently had some major changes in the amount of free time in my life (relocated, waiting for job to start). I've starting hitting the gym three times a week, reading and becoming more active here on RVF.

Despite that, I've noticed that I've actually become less active, i.e. sleeping in and procrastinating.

What have you done to get back on point after situations like these?

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

That's a weird question. If you're waiting for a job to start, that's basically vacation time. Enjoy it, work tends to suck.

What more do you want?

Sometimes I go through phases where I need more sleep, for a couple of months or whatever. I reckon the body has cycles like that.

Your body can sometimes drop this on you when it knows you've got time off. Like people getting sick when they go on holiday. They are finally giving their body a break and it says "great, now that shit's chill, you can deal with this".

I would say ride it out, sleep up while you can. If you're still ridin low when the gig starts, look into it a little deeper.

"Pain is certain, suffering is optional" - Buddah

Quote:WesternCancer Wrote:

What more do you want?

I bought Pimsleur's Russian series but can't get into it. I've learned other foreign languages so there's no excuse.

I'm also taking a class of financial statistics, something I've done before, but I still can't get crackin'

Just looking for ideas on motivation.

the peer review system
put both
Socrates and Jesus
to death
-GBFM

Set goals.

Deadlines etc.

I'm in that situation myself right now, with the added fact of not knowing my exact start date and having to be available for a formal introductory interview to set that start up. Hence I want to go travelling but can't currently leave the country or even know what time I can plan the trip over.

I've noticed a tendency to sleep in too much and generally be less productive. Tomorrow morning I'm going to start setting up a loose timetable for my days after my gym session (when I'll be pumped up and more ambitious). At the moment just been training BJJ and that's more or less it. The rest of my time is seriously unstructured and gets more or less wasted.

I think structure is the answer, waking up each day with a written list of things to get done that day. Many things can be fun but it should help overcome the inertia of laziness. In the past when I've had a lot of work to get done, writing a To-Do list every evening for the next day and getting a plan of action in place really spurred me on. Particularly since it requires less thought in the moment since you just look at the list.

Smoke some weed. Make some new friends. Swoop some girls.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (10-18-2013 06:25 PM)CarCrashKid Wrote:  

Set goals.

Deadlines etc.

This.

Find something you want to do and pursue it.

Using myself as an example:

Most productive month of my life yet. Ever since BB dropped the info on freelancing I have been working full steam on it.

I always sleep for 8 hours, no more, sometimes less (if I'm out and don't want to waste the next day I will still get up at 8 at the latest). I start most days by going to the gym.

Then I spend the day going hard at my writing.

Chris