rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Wearing Make-up a Betrayal?

Quote:Quote:

A set of before and after photos that show the dramatic difference between a woman with and without make-up have sparked an internet debate about cosmetics.

Posted by make-up artist Melissa Murphy, the images, simply captioned: 'Make-up. That's it,' show a bare-faced woman with acne scars and shiny skin, and then her transformation after putting on make-up, with thicker eyebrows, flawless looking skin and a seemingly thinner face.

The stark difference between the images has sparked a debate on Reddit, with some internet users labeling make-up in general a 'betrayal' because it hides a woman's true self.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z2hSFMrHVi

[Image: article-0-18AD78F700000578-89_306x423.jpg][Image: article-0-18AD78F700000578-817_306x423.jpg]

Quote: (10-11-2013 05:20 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

A set of before and after photos that show the dramatic difference between a woman with and without make-up have sparked an internet debate about cosmetics.

Posted by make-up artist Melissa Murphy, the images, simply captioned: 'Make-up. That's it,' show a bare-faced woman with acne scars and shiny skin, and then her transformation after putting on make-up, with thicker eyebrows, flawless looking skin and a seemingly thinner face.

The stark difference between the images has sparked a debate on Reddit, with some internet users labeling make-up in general a 'betrayal' because it hides a woman's true self.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z2hSFMrHVi

[Image: article-0-18AD78F700000578-89_306x423.jpg][Image: article-0-18AD78F700000578-817_306x423.jpg]

"hides a woman's true self"...Like the appearance represents her true self. If I'll change some clothes, cut my hair, get a tattoo etc., do I become a different person?

Nah it should be illegal for her NOT to wear makeup.

The ever trendsetting RVF already discussed this to ad nauseam.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Yeah this is a dupe of a dupe.

Having said that, I think anything people do to improve their appearance shows a high level of self respect. Is wearing a tailored suit a betrayal? How about driving a nice car or getting an expensive haircut? We all primp to attract a mate. Even animals do this.

And besides, once you spooge on that face, why are you sticking around to see what it looks like after the makeup comes off?

Imagine going to bed with the 8, and waking up next to the 4.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:02 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I'm guessing she left the other 4 points on the pillowcase?

This is a skill we should all develop: trying to guess a woman's point value without makeup. You look at the picture on the right, and try to guess what her number is when the makeup comes off. Who could've guessed, she goes from maybe an 8 to a 5 or less.
I think this is important because, I WNB the left, so if I were confronted with the right, I'd like to think I could outsmart the face-paint.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:05 PM)calculus Wrote:  

This is a skill we should all develop: trying to guess a woman's point value without makeup. You look at the picture on the right, and try to guess what her number is when the makeup comes off. Who could've guessed, she goes from maybe an 8 to a 5 or less.
I think this is important because, I WNB the left, so if I were confronted with the right, I'd like to think I could outsmart the face-paint.

I have separate values for face and body. As long as she's not ugly a chick can be as plain as cardboard cookies if she's got a slammin' body. So makeup isn't really a huge factor for me.

Deeper than that, I prefer the natural look to the painted one. So any chick that even puts on that much whale semen is going to be -2 points for me.

Quote: (10-11-2013 05:34 PM)Evolute Wrote:  

"hides a woman's true self"...Like the appearance represents her true self. If I'll change some clothes, cut my hair, get a tattoo etc., do I become a different person?

I think it is clear that they meant makeup hides a woman's real physical appearance.

Quote: (10-11-2013 09:16 PM)Ridge Black Wrote:  

Is wearing a tailored suit a betrayal? How about driving a nice car or getting an expensive haircut? We all primp to attract a mate. Even animals do this.
Wearing suits or driving nice cars doesn't change a man's appearance, it only conveys he probably has resources and probably can provide for a partner, which is exactly what women want, while makeup does hide the woman's real physical appearance, which is her greatest asset, so yes, they are lying when they do it..

Quote: (10-11-2013 09:16 PM)Ridge Black Wrote:  

And besides, once you spooge on that face, why are you sticking around to see what it looks like after the makeup comes off?
Come on, not everyone is so alpha that just pumps and dumps girls all the time and never sticks around for more than an hour. Some guys do spend more time than that with girls, and some actually *gasp* even have girlfriends or wives. So yes, eventually you will have to see a woman with no make up on, and yes, sometimes it is extremely disappointing.

I agree that everyone does what they need to attract a mate, and I'm not faulting women for doing it, hell, if I were a woman I'll do it too, but it is false advertising at the very least.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:25 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Wearing suits or driving nice cars doesn't change a man's appearance, it only conveys he probably has resources and probably can provide for a partner, which is exactly what women want, while makeup does hide the woman's real physical appearance, which is her greatest asset, so yes, they are lying when they do it..

Ah, but what if neither the suit or the car are yours?

Come on, not everyone is so alpha that just pumps and dumps girls all the time and never sticks around for more than an hour. Some guys do spend more time than that with girls, and some actually *gasp* even have girlfriends or wives. So yes, eventually you will have to see a woman with no make up on, and yes, sometimes it is extremely disappointing.

I agree that everyone does what they need to attract a mate, and I'm not faulting women for doing it, hell, if I were a woman I'll do it too, but it is false advertising at the very least.

No no, not claiming super-alphahood. Just saying that women such as these, who are painted hussies, are usually the kind not worth keeping. Some women certainly are, but in my experience the more makeup a woman wears the more insecure and bitchy she's likely to be.

Game, bust, and make good your discreet escape.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:38 PM)Ridge Black Wrote:  

Ah, but what if neither the suit or the car are yours?

Haha, then you're wearing makeup for men.[Image: icon_razz.gif]

But really, while you'd be considered a loser or poseur for trying to pretend you're something you're not, in this case pretending you have more resources than you really do, women masquerading their real physical appearance, their biggest resource, is considered normal.

I'm not totally against makeup though, some here or there is ok by me, it's those cases where after she takes all those pounds of goo off her face and you have to wonder if she's the same person that irk me.

I'm not against lying to women either, if you have to lie and pretend just do it.

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:38 PM)Ridge Black Wrote:  

No no, not claiming super-alphahood. Just saying that women such as these, who are painted hussies, are usually the kind not worth keeping. Some women certainly are, but in my experience the more makeup a woman wears the more insecure and bitchy she's likely to be.

Game, bust, and make good your discreet escape.

Got it, and agreed.

Make up simply exposes women's liberation and femenism as a joke. Women all hate each other for the most part and will never give up the advantage make-up gives them in luring alpha cock. Even many of the most radical unless she is a dogged out dyke still wears makeup, unshaven legs and all. It's funny to see this and it will always represent the females true insecure nature and for validation, their contempt for each other, and the females on-going needed obsession for aesthetics to lure and attract men.

Make-up was always intended to enhance not mask things. Women have abused it to help hide their modern overburdened lifestyles of trying to imitate us. A tierd women looks like a decayed tree, while a tierd man from activity is worn and weathered like leather or stone. One is more subtle while the other is more drastic and harsh in apperance. The scars, marks, bags, and overall fucked up skin that women hide just to me simply shows this modern life she chooses is to hard for her to handle naturally.

Quote: (10-12-2013 12:47 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Women all hate each other for the most part...

Women hate their friends. So bizarre. I always wondered, do women actually have real friends? Most women change their friends like clothes depending on how the wind is blowing in the group. In young girls you can understand, but grown women do this late into middle age.

One of the many things about women that is a complete mystery to me. Man value loyalty while women cultivate treachery.

Fortunately they haven't found a makeup that will hide being fat but they have tried.

I've been fooled a few times by weird form fitting clothes that move fat to make a chick look busty and full instead of stretch marky and fat. When the cloths come off I'm like wtf?!?!?!?!

Also I discover a while back that really plain small breasted chicks will wear padded bras to increase the size and improve the shape of their mosquito bite boobs. When the clothes come off I'm like wtf?!!?!?!?!?!?

My point being is that makeup goes beyond the paint on their faces. It's built into the clothing they wear to improve their figure. That's why I'm always wondering where the hot chick I picked up went off too after the clothes are removed. Then the next morning I'm like wtf happened to your face... and my white pillow case????? wtf?!?!?!?

Quote: (10-12-2013 01:12 AM)Ridge Black Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2013 12:47 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Women all hate each other for the most part...

Women hate their friends. So bizarre. I always wondered, do women actually have real friends? Most women change their friends like clothes depending on how the wind is blowing in the group. In young girls you can understand, but grown women do this late into middle age.

One of the many things about women that is a complete mystery to me. Man value loyalty while women cultivate treachery.

I've had my same friends since high school, and have almost never had a falling out with a male friend.

The women I've known since high school always have a new best friend and are constantly involved in some form of drama with their friends.

When I see a male high school clsssmate I grew up with it always comes up "How is so and so doing?". And they can almost always tell me. When I see a woman from high school the answer to the same question is "Oh, I'm not sure. We don't really talk anymore." with an awkward expression on their face.

Women aren't property (anymore), nobody really owns them (damned shame), therefore wearing makeup isn't a betrayal of anything. Do you complain about the cars at the dealership getting waxed too?

Quote: (10-11-2013 10:02 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

The alcohol effect.

I've always preferred that my first encounter with a woman be when she was casual - dressed down in a t-shirt and sweats (nice ones...hahaha!) or jeans, hair pulled back, with no makeup. If I think she's at least cute that way, I know she's truly attractive. Even when she's got makeup on, I prefer just a little something to bring out the eyes, and something for the lips, and little else. I noticed on the pics, they even powdered away the freckles on her upper chest. Ideally, makeup should enhance, not mask or alter. But we know better...hahaha!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

One of the million reasons I avoid clubs. Women wear less makep during the day, plus they can't hide under the dim lighting.
What I really hate is Spanx. It's like the modern version of a girdle or corset. It can't make a truly fat girl thin, but it can smooth over muffin tops, rolls, jiggles etc.

I had bad Spanx experience recently.Ever seen a woman put on or take off her Spanx? It's not an attractive sight!!!

^^ Yeah I have. This girl was think though in all the right ways and it didn't diminish my boner but I did find it funny. She looked like a butterfly trying to escape a cocoon but in reverse.

Women if it means hiding her cupcakes and ice cream will go too any length. If Cancer was tied to weight gain like cupcakes women would of nuked their hamsters to find a cure long time ago. When spanx die out they will invent some Pseudo-rubber paint (organic of course) or some shit to "hold it all together".

This is one of my favorite clips illustrating how bitches engage in false advertising. I believe Chris Rock touched on it in one of his comedy specials, in that women LIE every day. Fake hair (extensions and pieces), fake nails, fake contacts, WonderBras, etc. I love how women online take pictures from angles that hide their bodies, or post date-stamped pictures from 5 or 6 years ago, telling me you don't want me to see what you look like RIGHT NOW.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Makeup bothers me a great deal. It is a bit like game only aimed a men. Even though I KNOW that most women in clubs are at least 2 points less attractive without the clothes and makeup, I still FEEL like they are 2 points more. For some reason, my rationality can't override that primal physical attraction to a pretty face even if it from makeup. And this matters a lot, because that girl without makeup I would see as doing her a favor if we hooked up (maybe she has a nice ass), but the girl on the right would definitely give me some nervousness - BUT it is still the same unattractive face under that makeup.

I've had this happen a couple of times the next morning. It does feel like being deceived and if women think they can trick guys over their value into seeing them more times, then they are dead wrong. It is an instant pump and dump for me if I discover they manipulated me with makeup.

The comments section is illuminatingly frustrating too. The top one basically consists of a fairly humorous quip about make up being a woman's first lie, then loads of butt-hurt women saying things like "Yes, it's big enough. That's her second lie".

The manosphere has taught us powers of prediction that exceed Nostradamus. When a woman's true sexual market value is exposed or questioned...know what to expect.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken