rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My experience in KL, Bali and Jakarta

this post is a reply to the comment i made in the other thread on "how to make this forum better" -please look up that thread for the reason why i originally didn't wanna post this...

a while back i spent some time in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Bali and Jakarta (Indonesia) while travelling through the area

1) KL

Flew to KL with Malaysia Airlines (awesome airline, very friendly staff, great inflight entertainment (watched predators, grown ups, iron man 2, girl that played with fire, cyrus) and the best airline food i ever had.

stayed in Prince Hotel & Residence: awesome hotel, very close to some of the main malls (Pavilion). has a great in-house spa.

Malaysia's population consists of a mixture of malays, indians and chinese with most people being muslim. food is awesome (try the beef rendang); alcohol is kinda expensive due to religious tax.

first night out Friday: started off around 22.00 in Jalan P Ramlee: very quiet, only place that was really going was Beach Club. i normally prefer upmarket clubs/bars/lounges; this is pretty much the opposite. they had this awful, awful DJ that kept talking through the music which consisted of a mixture of 80s and cheesy stuff. the other customers were either white expat/tourist looking degenerates with "sex tourist" written on their forehead or women in their late 20s, 30s from Malaysia and other neighbouring countries.

around mignight went to Zouk, upmarket club in Jalan Ampang. about 90% locals (mostly chinese) and rest foreigners/expats. Zouk is divided into two parts: one house music, one RnB. club has a pretty good vibe but was clearly lacking in hotties. hottest girl there was a white expat who was maybe a 7. i ended up getting very drunk on pretty expensive booze, complained to some israeli dude about lack of talent, and left.

about 2 in the morning, walked back to Jalan P Ramlee, tried a couple of bars which were all pretty lame, all the locals recommended Beach Club so went back there again; place was completely packed by this time; was surprised to see quite a number of black (working) girls. one somalian girl came up to me (about a 7), we started grinding, making out, groped her boobies. she wanted to come back to my hotel but it was obvious she was into $ so I told her i'm not paying and i directed her to some fat, old white guy by the bar who kept staring at her; she said she liked me better but i told her it wasn't happening and went back to the hotel with my dick in my hand.

saturday: checked out some of the sights of which there aren't many, was told the malls are great for daygame but couldn't find one attractive girl there. didn't go out in evening as still recovering from jetlag and couldn't really be asked as all the locals I asked recommended Zouk and Beach Club and i didn't like either.

2) Bali

on Sunday flew from KL to Bali with Malaysia Airlines. was staying in Harris Resorts in Kuta which markets itself as a 4 star hotel but i'd say it's more like 3.5 tops; friendly staff, breakfast was dire, great pool. location wise this is slightly north of ground zero kuta (australian backpacker vibe) and slightly south of seminyak (rich yuppie vibe).

Sunday evening went out in Kuta; nightlife doesn't get going till late, ended up in Sky Garden which consists of 3 levels with different kinds of music, pretty nice club. the place is 70% australians in flip flops and wife beaters, 10% other foreigners, 20% indonesian girls.

at about 1am i spotted this pretty hot girl (who ended up being the hottest local girl throughout my whole journey; about a 7.5); turns out she's from bali, works in beauty parlor. we dance for a bit, grind, kiss, i grab her bootie and it's all good. i then suggest we have a drink in my hotel; she says she can't leave the club until 4am; alarm bells go off, i act confused and say i don't understand and tell her i don't pay for it. she gets a very sad look on her face and asks if i can't even pay her a little bit. i say no, she doesn't quite understand, i suggest she finds herself another dude; she reluctantly goes and later on i see her with her arms around some fat australian nerd. there aren't any other attractive girls so i leave around 3am.

monday: did a bit of walking around, checked out some of the malls, shops etc; you can't walk for 2 seconds without some local asking you for transport, money etc which is pretty annoying. i don't see any attractive shop assistant or anything so decided to check out a couple of day spas (which rock btw).
monday evening, decide to check out seminyak; venture out to Ku De Ta around midnight, bar next to Oberoi Hotel; nice open air bar with spectacular ocean view but no honeys or anything; it's about 15% full with only a bunch of westerners who don't mind paying £5 for a beer.

was told that the Double Six club in Seminyak is some sort of institution; go there around 1am, no one there and was told the place doesn't get going until 3am or so; couldn't be asked to wait around so head back to kuta, check out some of the same bars as night before (Paddy's and M Bar Go are empty) and end up in Sky Garden again. this time there are even less attractive girls than the previous night. at some point an indo girl comes up to me and asks me to buy her a drink; i tell her "why would i do that"; she then gets pissed off, calls me gay and tells me to go to hell, which i thought was pretty funny.

couldn't be asked to go out Tuesday evening.

3) Jakarta

on Wednesday flew from Bali to Jakarta with Air Asia (asian budget airline); great airline, very efficient. In jakarta stayed in Hotel Atlet Century, 4 star hotel close to Plaza Semanyan mall.

Not much going on Wed evening. Thursday evening go to Red Square, which is a pretty nice lounge/bar about 5 minute walk from hotel; not very busy, bartender suggests i hit up club called Dragon Fly about 10 minute taxi ride away. get there around midnight, about 10% full; bartender says thursday isn't a good night and recommends i check out hotel bar (forgot name but i knew for a fact there are only hookers there); so head back to Red Square around 1am; place is about 50% filled now; i spot this indo honey in black dress who is there together with her friend who is out with some white guy. start talking to the girl in black dress, she invites me to sit down with them, her english is pretty good, says she works in perfume sales or some shit; shoot the shit for an hour, i ask her to come back to my hotel for a drink; she says ok, we go outside and then i notice she has very bad skin and saggy tits (she's 22). i was like "fuck this shit", tell her i've changed my mind and that i have early business meeting next morning (even though i told her i'm on holiday) and told her i'll give her a ring next day.

friday: check out some of the malls but same as with KL don't see any honeys. friday evening check out X2 club, which is a large, high end club also close to hotel. about 95% locals, 5% foreigners. by this point i'm getting kinda pissed off by lack of talent and start to get pretty wasted. the hottest girl there was this french chick with big boobies who i say was perhaps a 7.5 - there was literally fuck all else in a club with 800 or so people!!!

lots of indo girls gave me the eyes, smiling at me etc but they're basically beasts and i just can't be asked. was about to leave around 2.30am when all of a sudden this indo girl comes up to me, grabs me and says she really likes me but that she's a promoter for the club and can't stay to talk but wants me to call her. she isn't great looking or anything (6.5) but i'm getting kinda desperate by this point.

in term of the other foreigners that were hanging out at X2: most of them were guys and girls from the UK or France and there was also a large group of american/canadian black guys. None of these guys looked like they were particularly enjoying themselves and i think they were also all pretty disappointed by the creatures there.

saturday: sent a text to the promoter girl of the previous night; i'm leaving town next day so if smth's gonna happen, it has to be that day; she replies saying she's on a fashion shoot but can come to my hotel afterwards in the evening and wants to go for a meal in a restaurant.

i wouldn't mind paying for dinner if sex was guaranteed afterwards but i don't wanna get played by some ho that just wants to be taken out to dinner by westerners. i tell her that dinner is def an option but that first we should have a drink and hang out and see where evening takes us. she then gets weird in her text, wants to meet in a restaurant. by this time i've lost patience with this girl - she isn't even that attractive.

saturday evening: head out to Red Square again; this time the place is completely packed; on Thursday there were some normal looking people but on Saturday the vibe was clearly: old, waster white guy and indo hookers. not my cup of tea, get bored and go back to X2; this time even less hot girls compared to night before; i get wasted, pissed off and head home....

4) Conclusion
To sum it all up, this is def not the kind of experience i was looking for or expecting. The trip was definitely worthwhile in terms of getting to know new places, cultures, awesome food, but if you're looking to hook up with decent looking girls, don't go to these places.

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

wow, great detailed report. You are right, this is the complete opposite from what I read about those places. One quick question, What celebrity do you consider a 6.5? To me a 6 is actually above average, so an 6.5 is a actually an o.k. looking chick but with a tight body. Actress Alina Vargas I consider a 6.5 [Image: doc-135847.jpg].

Dinner would be a small hoop to jump to get a piece of that ass. I am flexible about the going for dinner before sex rule when I am overseas.

Quote: (10-16-2010 11:32 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

wow, great detailed report. You are right, this is the complete opposite from what I read about those places. One quick question, What celebrity do you consider a 6.5? To me a 6 is actually above average, so an 6.5 is a actually an o.k. looking chick but with a tight body. Actress Alina Vargas I consider a 6.5 [Image: doc-135847.jpg].

Dinner would be a small hoop to jump to get a piece of that ass. I am flexible about the going for dinner before sex rule when I am overseas.

to me this girl would be a 7.5 although one of her boobs seems to be bigger than the other one so might have to subtract couple of points because of that [Image: smile.gif]

to me a 6 is an average girl (plain jane), not attractive, not ugly

7 is cute
8 is hot
9 would be the gorgenous honeys in south beach, vegas, brazil, moscow

in terms of celebs, a young pamela anderson to me is a 9, lindsay lohan 4 years ago, a 8.5.

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

It's funny your experience was completely different to mine...

KL is a hard nut to crack, I'll give you that. But some of the chicks there are fucking gorgeous!

As for Sky Garden in Bali, there is a loads of working girls and I had to shore myself, but there is some beautiful Balinese girls working in salons and shops during the day you can pick up.

And Jakarta - t'is great for girls.. you defo went to the wrong places!!!
Jalan Jaska, Blok M, Stadium.. you should have hit those spots for sexy Indos.

I think you tried to jam to much in - you went out 2 nights in KL, 2 in Bali & 3 in Jakarta... you need time to get under the skin, and under the covers [Image: wink.gif]

I think that chick has a wonky eye BTW, great smile though.. I'd give her a 6.5 too. 7 if it wasn't for the bug eye.

So you spent two whole days in jakarta and you think that pic is a 7.5.

Something ain't stirring the coolaid lol

Why waste the money for a 5 day trip.

Just to pick up a flag.

It sounds like you got some really high standards, I find it hard to believe out of 3 countries the hottest girl you saw was a 7.5....? I don't doubt that these countries aren't as stacked as say Colombia, Brazil, EE, etc., especially if you don't like Asian girls, but even in my small ass town of 20,000 with a serious lack of honeys, I still see at least a few 8's and a 9 almost everyday.

Traveling can be hit or miss, sounds like a lot of spots weren't on point when you were there, but I would agree that you packed too much into too short of a trip, I probably would have spent at least 5 days in any one spot, and most likely would have skipped Malaysia all together.

Hey Zanetti,

Your KL experience was pretty similar to mine.

I ended up in Jalan P. Ramlee two nights as well, buying overpriced beers and hitting on working girls from Vietnam and Cambodia at Beach Club and the similar place just across the street (the chicks were damn hot though, no doubt).

I was filled with confidence after Bangkok, and was sure I'd be able to shore them, but to no avail. These girls were in the business for one thing: cold cash.

We tried to go clubbing on Asian Heritage Row as well, but were turned down by the bouncers cause my wing man was wearing shorts.
We then went to the Hard Rock Cafe, which was pretty solid - no working girls AT ALL, and a lot of very friendly people. But couldn't really do any damage, as the club was closing shortly after my arrival.

I don't want to write off KL completely, but people need to STAY OFF Jalan P. Ramlee. Supposedly Asian Heritage Row would be pretty good, but remember to dress up.

Btw. the standard of the girls in Malaysia is not as high as say Thailand or the Philippines, but I definitely saw some girls that were 9s or 10s. Especially the chinese population produce some nice dolls.

Without doubt, Beach Club in KL is full of hardened pros. Vietnam chicks don't let you connect with them emotionally, they only want connect with your wallet. Fuck Zouk aswell. If I was going back I'd hit Bukit Bintang.

beebopaloo: I agree, Chinese girls are defo the best in Malaysia.

Just FYI

That double six club in bali. I think it's the one with the bungee tower and an outside pool. Last time I was there 5y ago that place turned into a gay club after 3a. As in they refused entry to women.

If you want to hookup with locals it was fairly easy when I was there. But they tend to look like that girl in the above picture + worse. Nothing alcohol won't cure though...

I honestly think Bali is overrated. Then again I went in the low season. If I were to go again I'd go in peak and try to go after the vacationers.