rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Direct Sales

Direct Sales

I was talking to a Kirby vacuum salesman last week. Said he makes $600-$1000 for every vacuum he sells (they are expensive); and that experienced sellers can easily clear 100k a year.

He's probably exaggerating, but it got me thinking: direct sales is the perfect career for the game guy. The Kirby guy sells vacuums, the game guy sells himself. They both exercise the same skills: talking, body language, cold reading. Imagine being able to practice your game skills at work. Every week you could get 40 hours of practice, when most guys are getting less than 3.

It probably works the other way too. Are there game principals that can work in direct sales? If so, you could make money off your PUA knowledge. It be interesting to see how the fields relate.

Has anyone tried direct sales? Is it at all comparable to picking up women?

Direct Sales

Sales and Game have a lot in common (follow your ABCs! Always Be Closing!)
but whereas in game you're doing it for yourself, in sales you're doing it for another guy.

Also, does anyone really want to sell vacuum cleaners for a living?

I did sales for a while and the principles we had to follow were very similar to game. The biggest key factor was "assuming the sale". You know they want what you've got (which may be a little different when selling a vacuum cleaner, i'm guessing door to door), because they are coming to your venue (store, club, bar). There's a lot more to be said, but I'll post up more if there's more interest

Direct Sales

I have been in the direct sales business for the past 2 years now. I promote luxury vacations membership which sell for $3k a piece and I get 1K a pop per sale. In 2 years, I haven't had to meet any client or prospect in person, everything is done online and over the phone. It works nicely and I'm on my way to building a nice little 6 figure business with less than 10 hours of work a week (that's if you can call "work" replying to emails or taking the occasional call from people who answer to my ads and are interested in buying the package).

I can't really talk about traditional direct sales where you do your sales in person face to face with the prospect, but online and specially over the phone, the only thing that would be comparable to game is being confident, up beat and excited and of course knowledgeable about the product you're promoting on the phone. Online and over the phone is a different ball game than face to face. I personally don't want to deal with the hassle of face to face, much rather do it online where I "work" when I want ( I usually answer my emails to my prospects/clients between 1 and 3am just before going to bed leaving me the entire day to do as I please) and from where I want.

Direct Sales

Sounds cool, but I would prefer to sell something else than frickin vacuum cleaners, even if the money is good.

Direct Sales

Quote: (09-28-2010 06:32 AM)blsteve Wrote:  

Sounds cool, but I would prefer to sell something else than frickin vacuum cleaners, even if the money is good.

What about used cars? I remember one episode from "True lies" [Image: smile.gif]