rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ayahuasca: Anyone know about this concoction?

Recently met with a friend who spent a week in Peru drinking this stuff with Shamen. Seriously...

When I met him it looked like he had found God or something. I'm normally skeptical of this kind of stuff but he did have a glow to him. He explained it as some sort of fast tracking to a sort of spiritual awakening. He was telling me that he has given up trying to 'control life' and every thing just seems to be 'happening'

There is apparently some science behind it...in that it releases chemicals normally found in high concentrations at death (haven't verified this myself)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

anyways, anyone here have experience/info on this?

Go to YouTube and watch the "London Real TV" special on it.

Very interesting.

Paging OGNorcal.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4FaDMak-TQ

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Have not tried Ayahuasca but smoking DMT is the shit.

Gotta smoke enough to break through.

Wow, just wow. It's the most spiritual experience(s) I have ever had, and it has changed me so much.

I basically partied with the goddesses of the universe and they imparted their love and some insights to me. You experience that love is the strongest force of everything, and that it's the right way to live. I experienced the two types of pure feminine archetypes - the flirtatious sexual feminine youth and the nurturing matriarchal "goddess."

You see the nonduality of the universe, how everything and everyone is basically united, and it provides a glimpse into the "buddha-consciousness" of contentment, serenity, enlightenment, nirvana, peace-within.

It's good to do it with someone more experienced than yourself. The blast-off is so intense that it gives me anxiety and makes it hard to breathe. The emotions you feel are fucking overwhelming due to their intensity that having a "guide" can really really help.

This is a good general web site also.

http://www.ayahuasca.com

Where to even begin to talk about it?

I guess it is like taking 50-100 fresh grams of Mushrooms and 5-10 grams of dried mushrooms.

People also commonly talk to the spirit of the plant.

Ayahuasca also has anti-ageing properties, its health giving properties are highly underrated as so many focus on its visionary/healing properties.

Be wary however, a lot of the people dispensing Ayahuasca in the west and in South American are charlatans, and are only in it for the white chicks, the money and the false power they have in feeling like a "shaman". There is a lot of BS surrounding this scene. Buyer Beware!

That being said, the medicine is marvelous. You can also prepare it yourself very easily.

There are web sites like

http://www.maya-ethnobotanicals.com

where you can buy it from online and it should get into most countries no problem.

Preparation is easy, it is just glorified tea with a couple of components - the ayahuasca vine and normally the plants containing DMT.

The brew shouldn't be so hard to drink down, it is really only like strong herbs. You can throw up and feel very nauseous, but that is part of it as its a cleansing experience. You will often feel amazing after such experiences though.

Web sites like

http://forums.ayahuasca.com

and

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum

are good resources for how you can prepare it for yourself. Yes, it is strong material, but you can start really gently and go from there.

If anyone has any questions, let me know, as I have extensive experience with Ayahuasca and many other plant preparations of similar nature.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/Hanco...r-Side.php

From a game perspective, blasting off into hyperspace has helped me on a few different fronts:

Most importantly, I see girls as what they really are now - just like these beautiful happiness-seeking unicorns. Before, I would get caught up in my own emotions and not enjoying just being with feminine energy, but now I see what the feminine energy is - to give love and to be loved - that it's immensely amusing and gratifying to play with that role as the masculine energy. Game has since become building that emotional connection not just to fuck her, but because its satisfying to me too. Girls will be girls.

I also gained a lot of insights into my shortcomings that has helped me. I have a lot of bitterness and hatred that came across my personality and was a huge turnoff to a lot of people, especially the attractive ones (misery loves company, but not the other way around). By giving me the experience of a glimpse of agape-type love, it really destroyed a lot of my hatred and showed me what it means to be happy, to be loved, and to give love. Not in a hippy way, but in a way that promotes the well-being of others, thereby promoting the well-being of oneself.

There are a lot of other things that DMT illumined too, and I've only broken through once or twice, but it's like opening a book of wisdom and showing what life really is - how sacred it really is and how it should be enjoyed. And it showed me the natural polarity that exists between masculine and feminine energy, and as such girls should be treated as these beautiful, amusing fairy or unicorn like creatures and just that.

It sounds really whacky to one who is not experienced, and I'd laugh at all the shit I wrote above before I broke through, but once you've broken through I'm quite sure you'll understand [Image: smile.gif]

I guess DMT is a different kind of red pill isn't it Pyre?

And the DMT experience is exactly what the wachowsky brothers were referencing in many ways, when Neo has that experience after taking the red pill in The Matrix.

Found this. http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/the-...a-20130215

Sounds like you really have to find a trustworthy shaman. Plus stay off other meds, and avoid if you have a pre-existing heart condition.

It is pretty safe. Much safer than most prescription drugs, which kill 100,000 people in the U.S. alone every year.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013...g-problem/

Nobody knows exactly why Kyle Nolan died. His shaman was a well known shamster and did not supervise the people when he gave them Ayahuasca.

Quote: (08-04-2013 10:33 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

anyways, anyone here have experience/info on this?

I was interested in it for many years and I finally tried it last year in Colombia with a shaman recommended by a friend who lives there.

The beginning of the experience was great, I was feeling intense love and seeing interesting images in my mind (be aware that it is a strong laxative and it also makes you vomit quite a few times). Ayahuasca is a vine plant ant it is strongly linked to reptiles and the DNA Helix. It is deemed to be the spirit of the forest snake and you see a lot of serpent like visions. There is a consensus to say that you need to see and feel the snake swallow you completely in order to have a "real ayahuasca" experience (it happened to me). The Indians also call it the "television of the jungle" ^^

It started to go all wrong when the shaman and his family tried to hijack my experience bringing their instruments and playing a fucking orchestra beside me with loud singing, drums and guitar. I wanted to kill them and they wouldn't stop. They also did all kind of weird stuff around me and I knew I should never have taken ayahuasca from them.
Finally a little dog I was mentally calling for help came to sit by me and protect me. the shaman tried to hit the dog in the eyes a few times to make him go but it stayed there. I was then "miraculously" saved by the arrival of the owner of the house who would perhaps visit his property only once a year (obviously unaware of the gringo drugging activities on the premices).

We thus managed to "escape" with my friend. This ayahuasca fucked me up for months after the experience and I have a lady friend (half European - Half Bolivian) who had the same experience with a shaman who tried to "possess" and control her, draining her spiritual substance.

However, I have no doubt that ayahuasca is a sacred plant but you should never take it alone.

You need spiritual guidance from someone you know for sure you can TRUST.

Quote: (08-05-2013 01:40 AM)Lika Wrote:  

However, I have no doubt that ayahuasca is a sacred plant but you should never take it alone.

You need spiritual guidance from someone you know for sure you can TRUST.

This is a real problem, there are so many bodgy "shamans" in South America. It is hard to find good one's for sure. And the western one's too often have a pole up their anus, with all their self important BS and you'll pay through the nose.

You do not need guidance from anything from outside of yourself but the plants.

However, I do recommend that anyone who partakes of Ayahuasca by themselves does so with a sitter who can be there for them and make sure they are ok. That is really essential the first time. Many people I know completely forsake the scene and drink alone and that is a completely valid path that many in the west take these days because you can just go deeper that way.

And for one thing, the shamans are often problematic, its very expensive and you might have some person next to you wailing away and saying the same thing over and over for hours. That being said, these groups can often be great social experiences. And if you get a chance to drink with the Santo Daime church, that can be interesting too.

This is an ayahuasca retreat in Peru (where Ayahuasca is legla) where it is only Shipibo ladies. This is the only place I can recommend, though I have not been there.

http://www.templeofthewayoflight.org

on dmt-nexus there is a also a thread on recommend Ayahuasca retreats.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.a...ts&t=46946

From what I recall it's a type of DMT with a MAO inhibitor and I'm fairly sure there's some kind of deleriant in it (someone offered me some Datura last weekend... Politely declined it. Delerium isn't a desirable state from my point of view). Pretty intense shit. Haven't tried it yet, but have had DMT multiple times. If it's anything like a good hit of DMT, I would not want to be walking around in that state for the length of time Ayahuasca lasts. I definitely wouldn't dive into it if you haven't had many psychadelics before, either. Don't take it with any SSRIs if you can avoid it, and do it in a safe environment that you feel comfortable in. Would recommend taking it, but maybe try some other hallucinogens first if you haven't already

Quote: (08-05-2013 04:22 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

From what I recall it's a type of DMT with a MAO inhibitor and I'm fairly sure there's some kind of deleriant in it (someone offered me some Datura last weekend... Politely declined it. Delerium isn't a desirable state from my point of view).

Ayahuasca can contain what they call Toe, (toe-e), but you will not feel like you are delirious when you take it.

Yes, the vine does contain MAO inhibitors, but its chemical constituency does not define what it is or how it works.

Quote:Quote:

If it's anything like a good hit of DMT, I would not want to be walking around in that state for the length of time Ayahuasca lasts.

well, people don't normally walk around after they take it ;-)

Quote:Quote:

Would recommend taking it, but maybe try some other hallucinogens first if you haven't already

Yeah, that can be a good idea, but people are normally just fine from taking it, even if they have never even smoked pot before.

@tig: The point of deleriants is that you don't realise you're delirious lol.

Personally, I like to take drugs then proceed as normal - sitting in a chair for hours on end isn't a particularly exciting thought, even if I'm off my face.

It's more the mental component. It's a bit easier to function on/after hallucinogens if you've taken them before, and if you're used to the after effects, you're probably less likely to get all weird after you take it (the whole spiritual experience thing).

I have a couple friends who are into it. One of them doesn't even do any drugs, not really even drink but a couple times a year. The other is a Native American who can actually legally carry it, along with hawk and eagle feathers and grows his own payote legally. Both have invited me to ceremonies but you have to pretty much set aside a full day and whenever they had the ceremonies I was tied up. I definitely want to do it one day. I would do it at a native american ceremony with a shawman if i did it. Both of them race about the spiritual experience. They say it makes you feel like a new person and you just understand everything. The none native friend swears it changed his life.

I've read a little bit about it and watched a documentary on it. It's sort of like acid or mushrooms in the sense of experience. People go on spiritual journeys missions to these camps in South American where some guy who's set up camp there makes a deal with the locals to produce it legally. They trip and have people look after them. Most of them are seeking some sort of spiritual enlightenment/cleanse or have some issues that they haven't exactly dealt with and use it to experience something. For example there was this one black woman in the documentary who had either a miscarriage or an abortion and it had been a causation of problems for her. She did some Ayahuasca in a group and was tripping for like 3 days. She was filmed hallucinating that she was holding her child and talking to her grown up. After she told the crew that she had vivid memories of the experience and what her child looked like.

Quote: (08-05-2013 05:08 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

@tig: The point of deleriants is that you don't realise you're delirious lol.

Personally, I like to take drugs then proceed as normal - sitting in a chair for hours on end isn't a particularly exciting thought, even if I'm off my face.

hmm, well, this is a whole lot deeper than you are used to in terms of "drugs" you may have taken. There is a good chance, you wouldn't be able to move so much and are just fully involved in what you are experiencing.

Labels like delieriant don't really matter, however, Ayahuasca is not a deleriant and the addition of Toe (which is not commonly added btw) does not make it a deleriant either. It is really its own thing entirely.

So far, the only thing that's rendered me completely out of commission (other than probably alcohol) was multiple huge hits of good DMT in a row after taking a couple of tabs, smoking weed and drinking all night. That was about as intense as it gets, but, like I said before, I wouldn't want to be stuck in that state for too long. I'd like to try it at some point for the experience, but I'm not in any hurry.

I've done Mushrooms, LSD and DMT before but never Ayahuasca. NOTHING is as strong as DMT as far as psychedelics are concerned. It was intense. The only way I can describe it is that it was like being surrounded by a bunch of geometric figures made out of love, but it was a strangely familiar state of mind, like I'd been there before. As if I'd been there before. Anyway, I definitely want to try Mescaline and Ayahuasca, maybe with a Native American spiritual guide or something. When doing psychedelics, always make sure your mental state going into it is good, and that your in a safe environment with good music or good friends and you'll have a good time.

Fascinating stuff. Very much like in Aldous Huxley's "Doors of Perception"... Now of course I've heard people going to the shamans in South America but I never got into experimenting with drugs in my own life besides alcohol (too "square" for that in college I guess...) The first I heard of he substance DMT was only a few months ago when I started meditating and having visions/hallucinations. I searched the web for more info about that and came upon some of those sites mentioned above. I guess DMT is kind of a short cut, for instance like using sensory deprivation tanks, for getting what may otherwise take years of work with meditation.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (08-05-2013 12:18 AM)tiggaling Wrote:  

I guess DMT is a different kind of red pill isn't it Pyre?

And the DMT experience is exactly what the wachowsky brothers were referencing in many ways, when Neo has that experience after taking the red pill in The Matrix.

Yes, it is next-level red pill.

I've had strong glimpses into the mind control a la Orwell/Matrix that "they" are doing through social conditioning. It's very freeing.

Gets you really f***ed up.

The best thing about DMT is that is provides a 'business man's trip', meaning you get insane visuals and hallucinations, but it only lasts for around 15-20 minutes and then you're in a euphoric state for a few hours after depending on how much you do. That's why I prefer it to LSD. Sometimes with LSD I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting for it to wear off at the end of the peak, and the stuff lasts like 12 fucking hours