rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dresden, Germany Datasheet

Dresden is just 180 miles west of Wroclaw and 150 miles south of Berlin. As a former part of Eastern Germany it's still undergoing a transformation and you will see a much less diverse set of women here.

The random walk through the town might scare you a little as there are few pretty girls out there but there is some talent here.

Girls

Blonde is the dominant hair color. Very fair skin and often blue eyes. Quite similar to Poland. However there are way fewer petite blondes as you see in Polish cities. Greek Karami says big boobs make up for less pretty faces here and I think he's right on.

The average girl is a 6 but there is a lot of variety going all the way to a 9.

Girls usually speak English well - often quite fluently. Try to deliver at least your opener in German.

Just randomly walking trough a mall here won't give you a lot of views on pretty girls but head for the right venues and things will improve.

Approaching

In general German girls are not used to approaching - German guys do not approach at all. While this minimizes competition it also ensures there is no easy 'script' we and the girls can go by. I'm sure most girls here don't even think asking personal questions when approached. You mostly get this strange aloofness - it's pretty cold but not bitchy most of the time. It's really hard to girls to warm up and hook. Even a smile needs serious 'work'.

My stats

I did about 3-5 approaches a day over a 2 weeks span. These were 'quality approaches' where the situation was in my favor and I used an elderly opener (laptops usually), asking for 'places around me' or a situational opener.

I found that questions for 'places around me' to work best.

30 approaches resulted in 12 numbers but just 4 dates and 2 closings.

These numbers are below average for me usually but I found it very difficult to keep girls engaged and get them to respond via text/phone calls.

Germany is not easy IMHO as:

- girls are not used to open (cold) approaching as social circle is the only game in town here
- there is no dating culture to speak of (well at least for major parts of the population that is)
- it's all about work here, girls prioritize dating much lower than work and they work a lot here!
- I believe people here really have less sexual encounters (maybe even less sex compared to other places) compared to the rest of the developed world
- while religion plays no big role here, people live by written and unwritten rules and routines a lot here, deviating from it is often too much for the average girl
- there aren't a lot of foreign girls here, many girls have a very set social circle, few exchange students (but they do exist [Image: smile.gif]

Good Venues (mostly day game venues):

- University of Dresden, especially the central library

It's a huge, modern building and offers various places to talk to girls. There are often 500+ students in the library giving you a big selection.

Students eat lunch at a 'Mensa' which is also a good place to stop and talk about 'which food should I get'.

- Starbucks Prager Strasse

Good coffee shop. Come around late lunch time and you'll see a dozen or more single girls here reading and working. Good setup for coffee shop approaches.

- CityBeach/ Purobeach

Good open-air clubs near the river. The vibe is laid back. Best on weekends.

- Pushkin

Just opposite the Beach Clubs. It has a sandy bottom as well. Watch for special nights with more known DJs.

- Strasse E

Industrial park which went party location. Mostly lame but some parties can be awesome, keep on asking the girls you like and they may help you select the best place.

- Neustadt

There is a lively restaurant/bar scene called 'Neustadt' which hosts a number of stylish and semi-stylish places. There is an occasional club like 'Downtown' and 'Zille' but it's not easy to find a good crowd here. Ratios can be as bad as 10 guys for each girl. It's the neighborhood to live though.

In 2 weeks I was not able to find a nightlife spot with a good ratio and consistent amount of pretty girls. I kept asking people and checked out places but nothing really lived up to the places you get in Berlin or Wroclaw. Maybe I missed it?

Sights

People here are incredibly proud of their baroque era sights. They make for a good day of sightseeing if you are bored.

Infrastructure

It's Germany so expect top-notch public transport, Internet speeds and public services.

Prices

Hotels, shared apartments, food are all below average for Western/ Central Europe. It's considerably cheaper than Wroclaw or Berlin.

Food

There are a couple of places with good food but in general the variety and quality (not safety) of food is less than what you get in the US. Much worse than Berlin. There are almost no independent coffee shops.

Overall

Not an easy place to game. In general people here are pretty rude and girls here need a lot of motivation to shake them out of their work routine.

The good news is that girls tend to be smart and can make great conversation. If you like blonde girls and are up for a challenge this place can be rewarding.

I'd say it is on par with the difficulty you get in say Turkey (for other reasons obviously). Harder than the US or most places in Asia, but easier than the Arab world [Image: smile.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Germany is not easy IMHO as:

- girls are not used to open (cold) approaching as social circle is the only game in town here
- there is no dating culture to speak of (well at least for major parts of the population that is)
- it's all about work here, girls prioritize dating much lower than work and they work a lot here!
- I believe people here really have less sexual encounters (maybe even less sex compared to other places) compared to the rest of the developed world
- while religion plays no big role here, people live by written and unwritten rules and routines a lot here, deviating from it is often too much for the average girl
- there aren't a lot of foreign girls here, many girls have a very set social circle, few exchange students (but they do exist Smile

Pretty accurate analysis IMO.
In Germany there is no real dating or hookup cultur. People connect over their social circle and if a guy ends up with some chick he will usually cling to her as if his life depended on it. The average number of bangs a guy here has is 5-8 for a lifetime. Some posters on RVF make it sound like getting 1-2 lays a month is normal and having a dryspell for one month is a long time. I can tell you the reality of the average guy here is a LOT different from that.

If you go to bars and clubs here you wont see obvious 2-sets of chicks looking for dick, lots of ppl making out and pairing off later in the night or obvious players working the room. People go out in huge mixed groups to "have fuN", "party" and get drunk. I seriously dont even understand why people like to go out here it doesnt make any sense to me.

It can get a bit better in some subcultures especially if theres a lot of drugs around. But especially in mainstram venues its pretty horrible.
Daygame is brutal here, chicks have a hard time handling a direct, lots are simply rude as fuck or dont even know how to talk to a stranger.

Of course SNLs and bangs can be had but you really have to work for it here.
To top it off german chicks are quite ugly and asexual so you will find yourself asking why you even bother going through all the bullshit to score some mediocre pussy.

Me and all my friends who studied abroad were always amazed how much more open girls are to same night lays, flirting and all that compared to back home.

I'd first like to introduce myself - it's my first post here. Wealth of knowledge on these forums!

As an expat of 4 years here, I recently wrote an article on Germany for ROK and can only confirm what is stated above. Dating is always secondary to work, and dating/hookups are often limited to preexisting social circles.

I actually explained it to one of my friends back in the States this way, and from my experiences at least, it sums it up. Americans are like dogs, Germans are like cats. You see dogs humping anything that moves, making active efforts on a routine basis and thus it's engrained into behavioral patterns and lifestyles. On the other hand, it's next to impossible to find cats mating or attempting to in public, maybe an occasional screeching at night.

The entire concept just seems greatly subdued over here in comparison.

In my opinion Dresden is very good if you target on Russian and polish girls visiting. Especially Russian visit this city in mass for some reason.So all you have to do is stroll and look for the Russians.
Regarding German women Leipzig has definitely better samples.Generally the female folk in Germany is ugly and unattractive they can insult your esthetics if you come from a more favored country.

Also German women are approachable if you have the right age and looks (Mediterranean).Young Italian guys kill it in northern Italy where German chicks visit in mass for the same reason.The problem is that your dick gets usually limb by their appearance and holds you back from approaching them.

Hehe I don't think they are all ugly [Image: wink.gif] I dated some good talent here.

But I forgot - indeed a dark complexion helps tremendously here.

Thanks for the tip, I always wanted to go to Germany as a tourist, now it's moved down a few positions on places I need to visit. I wonder if the legacy of firebombing has anything to due with chics not concerning themselves with hooking up. American chics, really don't know how miserable life could be. Dresden chics probably have heard countless horror stories from their ancestors. Quite different than the princess culture that American chics only know.

DDR has been a lot more influential than the firebombing. I saw many communists in Dresden.

Quote: (07-09-2013 12:43 PM)STLMO Wrote:  

Thanks for the tip, I always wanted to go to Germany as a tourist, now it's moved down a few positions on places I need to visit. I wonder if the legacy of firebombing has anything to due with chics not concerning themselves with hooking up. American chics, really don't know how miserable life could be. Dresden chics probably have heard countless horror stories from their ancestors. Quite different than the princess culture that American chics only know.

The firebombing of Dresden is as distant to a girl from Dresden as Pearl Harbor is to the average chick from Hawaii. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Anyone have a more current update on Dresden? I am in Poland (though my tag says Ukraine) and thinking about checking it out since it is close to the border. Could use some info. Thanks.

Quote: (12-25-2017 10:30 PM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

Anyone have a more current update on Dresden? I am in Poland (though my tag says Ukraine) and thinking about checking it out since it is close to the border. Could use some info. Thanks.

As of summer '17 I'd say that I met some friendly girls but didn't try hard because tinder is my thing.

FWIW..

On tinder I had success with a 9.5 18 year old German and a 22 year old Polish 7 who's there for work. Both told me that they were surprised and turned on by how direct I was. Would be interesting to try direct approaches here based solely off the fact that it's not expected.

In german we say: „In Sachsen, wo die schönsten Frauen wachsen.“ - It‘s Saxony where the most beautiful women grow.

In Dresden, the best place to game is right in front of the „Frauenkirche“ - every Monday from 1700 to 2100. In Saxony, they really appreciate foreigners approaching german girls - especially if your skin is dark.

Quote: (12-26-2017 04:51 AM)CameraXL Wrote:  

In german we say: „In Sachsen, wo die schönsten Frauen wachsen.“ - It‘s Saxony where the most beautiful women grow.

In Dresden, the best place to game is right in front of the „Frauenkirche“ - every Monday from 1700 to 2100. In Saxony, they really appreciate foreigners approaching german girls - especially if your skin is dark.

Just incase anyone wasn't bright enough to pick it up, Saxony has a reported recent history of racism against blacks. Tread with caution.

-CD

Excuse the irony. The Pegida (patriotic europeans against islamisation of the occident) marches through Dresden every monday-evening. Before Germany was reunited, Dresden-area was called „Tal der Ahnungslosen“ (Valley of the clueless), because they could only see/listen to the official DDR-Propaganda-TV and Radio, since their geographic position made it impossible to get signals from abroad. They speak german with a horrible accent and there seems to be quite a sympathy for.....

Dresden is nice for tourism/daytripping. But when it comes to girls, I would prefer Leipzig.

Amazing how accurately mumbojumbo summarized German people's mentality

Quote: (12-26-2017 01:36 AM)AffNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (12-25-2017 10:30 PM)Jameson Ranger Wrote:  

As of summer '17 I'd say that I met some friendly girls but didn't try hard because tinder is my thing.

FWIW..

On tinder I had success with a 9.5 18 year old German and a 22 year old Polish 7 who's there for work. Both told me that they were surprised and turned on by how direct I was. Would be interesting to try direct approaches here based solely off the fact that it's not expected.

Thanks for that. I should get out that way soon. How much does speaking German help? I'd say I speak at an intermediate level.

Verdammt, siehst du gut aus.

Would that work as a direct opener? It may throw them off and work.