rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bulgaria

Bulgaria

I was wondering anybody has any experience with Bulgaria as cheap beach vacation spot and hooking up with tourists and local's ? I was reading about Sunny Beach with is popular with British and other Europeans. If anybody been there or can provide information on other happening places in Bulgaria I would appreciate it.

Bulgaria

As a beach and night life locale, I've heard nothing but good things about Bourgas <Sp?>.

...also, why would you go to a Michelin Star restaurant and demand to be served mushy peas and pork scratchings?

Bulgaria

Sunny Beach is not that good.Just being there makes you loook like a cheap stagger in girl's eyes since 90% of guys there are tourists on budget who cannot afford holiday spots in Spain, Greece, Italy etc.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-03-2013 11:10 PM)rishboy77 Wrote:  

I was wondering anybody has any experience with Bulgaria as cheap beach vacation spot and hooking up with tourists and local's ?

Russian is more common than english in bulgaria.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-04-2013 07:06 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Sunny Beach is not that good.Just being there makes you loook like a cheap stagger in girl's eyes since 90% of guys there are tourists on budget who cannot afford holiday spots in Spain, Greece, Italy etc.

Wouldn't that mean most the girls there are on the same level though? not able to afford spots like Spain and Italy? If so, I don't see it being a problem. Are the girls low quality?

Bulgaria

Quote: (12-31-1969 07:00 PM)InternationPlayboyc62425135' Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2013 07:06 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Wouldn't that mean most the girls there are on the same level though? not able to afford spots like Spain and Italy? If so, I don't see it being a problem. Are the girls low quality?

The girls are the same quality you meet in Greek beach resorts.They are just on more budget.There are quite a few Russian, Ukrainian and polish girls.The problem is as I wrote before that the place is a big stag point for British tourists so by the time you approach a girl she automatically assumes you are one of them since she has already been hit by them or met them.Presence in Sunny Beach undermines your reputation. This is not a problem if you happen to be on Crete,Rodos,Mykonos where girls suppose befoeehand that you are in good financial standing to afford these vaccations.

The good things in Sunny Beach are:
1.Huge area with unbelievable concentration of big hotels.This means endless opportunities for daygame. (You never run out of targets like in some smaller Greek destinations where after two days you wait for the next wave of tourists since the former one has already been totally hit)
2.Very good hotel room selection with very affordable prices due to low price of leva(Bulgarian currency)
3.Strong Eastern European presence.Some hotels are full of Russian tourists but you need to search for them.
4.Extended beach so you can hit several areas of beach without being seen from the next part

5.Presence of Bulgarian girls who are among the most scantilly dressed and hugely increase the competition for foreign girls (they are felt nevertheless)
6.Lots of Balkan girls
7.English control only a limited number of bars and clubs
8.Concentrated club area.Easy to move from one bar to the other.
9.Very good public transportation with buses.No need to take the taxi to move from one area of beach to the other (the beach is huge covers a whole geographical bay)
10.Bulgarian guys are decent and do not cockblock foreigners.They also do not steal.They are still mafia type but it is the way they operate nothing threatening if you are foreigner.

The bad things in Sunny Beach:
1.The sea sucks.The Black Sea is nowhere close to Aegean Sea to transparency, colour, proportion of salt, waves
2.The scenery sucks.No interesting or unique view like on Greek islands
3.It is not exceptionally hot if you consider tanning . Although it can be a good thing because you don't sweat so much it is nowhere near the excellent clima and weather you get on Crete for example
4.The food sucks.Not even close to Greek food.

5.Shoping very limited compared to what is offered on Greek islands.Generally there is a primitivity in trade.It is no luxurious place.
6.The sand is not very good.
7.You don't see as many topless women as on Greek islands (on Faliraki more than 80% of English girls are topless).
8.No amazing clubs or anything exceptional like the DJ parties in other holiday destinations.
9.Very few things in terms of cocktails, drinking etc.
Generally the place can be considered primitive except the high quality modern hotel infrastructure.(which again has killed every natural environmental scenery).

Bulgaria

Are there any decent beaches to go on The Black Sea?

Everytime they are brought up, people seem to say they are hell on earth.

Bulgaria

Golden Sands in Bulgaria is considered to be more high class than Sunny Beach and Varna, Sozopol lower class but frequented by poorer Bulgarian student girls who cannot afford Sunny Beach.
In general Black Sea resorts(Sunny Beach, Mamaia, Odessa, Crimea, Sochi) are very low quality compared to Mediteranean and Adriatic sea resorts the main reason being the quality of sea and the scenery (they are just not beautiful).
Only Sochi among them is considered high class and largely prefered by Russian oligarchs (I think Depardieu is going to reside there).

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-04-2013 03:05 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Golden Sands in Bulgaria is considered to be more high class than Sunny Beach and Varna, Sozopol lower class but frequented by poorer Bulgarian student girls who cannot afford Sunny Beach.
In general Black Sea resorts(Sunny Beach, Mamaia, Odessa, Crimea, Sochi) are very low quality compared to Mediteranean and Adriatic sea resorts the main reason being the quality of sea and the scenery (they are just not beautiful).
Only Sochi among them is considered high class and largely prefered by Russian oligarchs (I think Depardieu is going to reside there).

But are they good for swooping?

Bulgaria

Bulgaria has always seemed so exotic to me...maybe it's just the way the word sounds or the fact that they produced their own AKs...not sure. I also can't say I've ever met a Bulgarian.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Bulgaria

The most funny thing I saw in Sunny Beach was Australian dudes with shorts trying to pick up hot dressed Bulgarian women.They were totally out of place.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-04-2013 03:21 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Bulgaria has always seemed so exotic to me...maybe it's just the way the word sounds or the fact that they produced their own AKs...not sure. I also can't say I've ever met a Bulgarian.

The name comes from the word bulg which means mix, They are mix between Slavs and Mongols.The Slavs dominated linguistically and genetically.The girls offer a combination of turkish faces (a bit harsh) with slavic bodies (slim,long legs) which makes them look rather exotic (unique look not what makes bomb appearance like Serbian or Czech girls for that matter but a look you appreciate over time there as deviating from common slavic face).

Mentality completely Balkan with the characteristic slowness.The dudes are neither good or bad looking just many Westerners do not like them (they are easy to misinterpret them).I like them as neighbours and a feature they have is some of the fattest necks in Europe you may think that these necks belong to oxes they are rather disproportional.
No wonder they have so many famous weight lifters.The neck development secured the survival of these guys in the difficult war ridden Balkan area as the big biceps and thick forarms helped the Serbian guys.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-04-2013 03:39 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

The name comes from the word bulg which means mix, They are mix between Slavs and Mongols.The Slavs dominated linguistically and genetically.The girls offer a combination of turkish faces (a bit harsh) with slavic bodies (slim,long legs) which makes them look rather exotic (unique look not what makes bomb appearance like Serbian or Czech girls for that matter but a look you appreciate over time there as deviating from common slavic face).

Mentality completely Balkan with the characteristic slowness.The dudes are neither good or bad looking just many Westerners do not like them (they are easy to misinterpret them).I like them as neighbours and a feature they have is some of the fattest necks in Europe you may think that these necks belong to oxes they are rather disproportional.
No wonder they have so many famous weight lifters.The neck development secured the survival of these guys in the difficult war ridden Balkan area as the big biceps and thick forarms helped the Serbian guys.

Kamaki, I am convinced that you are either a History Professor or Sociologist in Greece. Come out with it, University of Athens?

Bulgaria

Let the leemings hit the usual suspects in the Black Sea.

Discerning gentlemen might want to consider the eastern side of the Black Sea.

Batumi, Georgia.

During the peak of the summer, it is flooded with Russians. Tasty Russian girls on cheap package holidays who want to party and don't have the jing, or a rich boyfriend to take them somewhere like France or Italy. Very little fishing pressure from trash like fat Bulgarian mobsters or wealthy Romanians who won't invite you to their parties.

Stay here http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/p...rtyID=3552 It is expensive, but when you bring your new Russian friend through the door she might just forget about her dim prospects back in the regional dumpster she came from.

You can fly direct from IST on Turkish, or combine it with a trip to Tbilisi.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:29 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

Batumi, Georgia.

During the peak of the summer, it is flooded with Russians. Tasty Russian girls on cheap package holidays who want to party and don't have the jing, or a rich boyfriend to take them somewhere like France or Italy. Very little fishing pressure from trash like fat Bulgarian mobsters or wealthy Romanians who won't invite you to their parties.

Stay here http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/p...rtyID=3552 It is expensive, but when you bring your new Russian friend through the door she might just forget about her dim prospects back in the regional dumpster she came from.

You can fly direct from IST on Turkish, or combine it with a trip to Tbilisi.

Strong post.

I wish more people would drop strong moves like that.

---

What is peak summer? July/Aug?

Bulgaria

I spent a summer in Bulgaria about 7 years ago. It's legit. Europe on mexico prices. Burgas is nice, though the best beach I went to for swooping was in Sozopol. Chicks were topless and friendly.

Bulgaria

Batumi, Georgia.

That's straight up solid advice right there.

Here is a travellers opinion on Sunny Beach: http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/...nny-beach/

Eastern Black Sea is awesome. Didn't meet another westerner the entire trip,good food,stupidly cheep,incredible people and thousands of Russian chicks on holiday. I'll be back there this summer for sure.

LostGringo drop me a line if you are out there this summer,would be good to share a beer in Batumi.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-05-2013 03:56 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Batumi, Georgia.

Here is a travellers opinion on Sunny Beach: http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/...nny-beach/

Eastern Black Sea is awesome. Didn't meet another westerner the entire trip,good food,stupidly cheep,incredible people and thousands of Russian chicks on holiday. I'll be back there this summer for sure.

LostGringo drop me a line if you are out there this summer,would be good to share a beer in Batumi.

I'm in no doubt that Sunny Beach is a shithole, and it's never been on my radar. But this guy also says Ko Phi Phi is a shithole, and that's just wrong. I mean you can't tolerate partying on Ko Phi Phi for too long(health reasons). But you cannot deny that there are lots of hot girls wanting to be fucked, and the crowd in Phi Phi is a mixture of people, classy Scandinavians, affluent backpackers; Sunny Beach on the other hand attracts mostly poor Westerners.

Nomadic Matt must be a Beta

Bulgaria

There is a data sheet on Sunny Beach... but it's a summer or two out of date, and the night clubs change from season to season. However, the clubs Lazur and Viking always remain Scandinavian Central if that's your cup of tea:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5028.h...t=bulgaria

I agree with Greak Kamaki about the good and bad features, but one - the water is not so bad, meaning it's not very polluted just more algae blooming because it's not as salty as the Mediterranean. Some days the water is great, especially early mornings when I like to go for a swim with a snorkel. Not like a tropical sea of course, but still it's nice. If you are from the USA, I'd compare the water to something like the Outer Banks in NC or Myrtle Beach, SC. Not brown and muddy like NJ, but not azzure/emerald like Florida. Something in-between.

Bulgaria is only convenient for Europeans, though. If you are from America, it makes no sense to endure the long flight (and no direct flights from USA) and pay the high travel cost.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-05-2013 03:56 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Batumi, Georgia.

Roger that. I'll be in the region from May - July/August. I'll keep you abreast of my whereabouts. I'm looking at Iasi, Chisinau and then on to Georgia. You have me thinking about Russia though. Really hard.

BTW, Happy 60th Anniversary of Stalin's death! I'd love to be Gori today for the "celebrations", as the old hard liners are coming out of the closets with the new pro-Putin government. That place was pure time travel - I loved it.

Bulgaria

Quote: (03-05-2013 02:42 PM)LostGringo Wrote:  

[...]
BTW, Happy 60th Anniversary of Stalin's death! ...

"Stalin fell into a burnin' Ring of Fire..."

[Image: johnnycash4_e.jpg]

http://www.omg-facts.com/Celebs/Johnny-C...o-Kn/49624

Bulgaria

Hi, nice to meet you.