rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sony unveils PlayStation 4, coming holiday 2013

Quote:Quote:

After almost a year of rumors and whispers, Sony has finally revealed the worst kept secret in gaming: The PlayStation 4 is on the way.

At a lavish press event in New York, the company showed off its next-generation console, a system it hopes will lure people away not only from competing machines from Microsoft and Nintendo, but from smart phones, tablets and other new gaming platforms.It will be released this holiday season, though the company didn’t announce a price.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/...42085.html

I'm happy with my ps3 for blu ray movies and occasional gameplay. I can't believe you won't be able to play those games on this new system.

The last generation of consoles never really appealed to me, the only system I've got left these days is a first generation X-Box. I also used to have a GameCube and PS2, as well as a Game Boy Advance SP. I maybe turn the X-Box on once every few months, so a couple of friends and I can play rounds on Halo or Halo 2.

Personally, I really miss playing games like Super Mario Brothers on the NES, Final Fantasy III, on the Super NES, GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64, and Suikoden on the PSone.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I will wait for the slim version to come out. Heard its not backwards compatible and might not have a disc drive!

Oh wow a touch screen on the controller!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/frpzg...y--stream-

LOL next-gen white knighting! Guy protects a single mom from being robbed. Steals money from a pro-life lobbyist (whatever that is supposed to be). And destroys several cop cars.

The best part of the presentation today was the guy showing how complete novices can do 3D modeling and 3D animation.

I don't have the motor skills or reaction time to play modern games, but being able to easily generate 3d models that I can send off to get made into a cheap prototype....and then have easy access to Alibaba and the like to print up a few 100?

WIA

Four is not their lucky number

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

The sculpting tool looks like Sculptris or Zbrush but super simplified. Looks fun but I don't think it will replace those tools for my pipeline. And I bet your drawing on that microscopic touch pad as opposed to 12 to 19" touchsurface. You still need to know how sculpt as well, so take some course if you want to have something worth printing. 100 bucks is pricey for a print as well unless its large or made out of a better material than resin.

Quote: (02-20-2013 11:16 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

The last generation of consoles never really appealed to me, the only system I've got left these days is a first generation X-Box. I also used to have a GameCube and PS2, as well as a Game Boy Advance SP. I maybe turn the X-Box on once every few months, so a couple of friends and I can play rounds on Halo or Halo 2.

Personally, I really miss playing games like Super Mario Brothers on the NES, Final Fantasy III, on the Super NES, GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64, and Suikoden on the PSone.

Sony lost A LOT of market share to the 360 and the Wii. PS2 was one of top selling consoles ever which could be bought for around $99 at the end of its run and it had some pretty darn good exclusive titles. (Socom, Metal Gear, God of War)

But alas, technology improved, economics changed (consolidation amongst developers) and when they went to PS3, I think they priced themselves out of the market. A console for $400/$500 with a very limited selection of release titles spelled complete disaster for them. The geniuses over at Nintendo priced the Wii at $199, released with all of their exclusive titles on day 1, and was the first to do the whole motion-enabled thing. Where they failed with GameCube, they succeeded tremendously with the Wii.

Hopefully, Sony took some notes and can either 1.) not price themselves out of the market or 2.) deliver something innovative that justifies the price.

Will be interesting to see how Microsoft responds.

Haven't played any games in about a year, but the industry is interesting to follow.

"Despite their numbers, their pussyness means I was barely hurt. 2 black eyes and a cut nose, no big deal. I could sense the fear in them so as they were walking I chased them down and told them to "go home". They all left like little girls." - Revelations 21:4

I have a PS3 that I use for my blu-rays and occasional gaming. Most of the games are already 720 or 1080p. Other than a faster processor and system, the games won't look any better. On top of it, I am not a big fan of 3D and my big-screen TV doesn't support 3D anyway.

I wonder if many of the people with PS3 consoles are going to buy a new console and new games (PS4 isn't backwards compatible as mentioned). Does this mean no more games will be produced for PS3? Anyone know? I rather keep my PS3 for as long as possible.

Also, I have read somewhere that PS4 and the upcoming Xbox will disable the ability to play used discs on the system. If this happens, I predict this may lead to the eventual downfall of these gaming consoles. Anyone else hear anything about this?

Quote: (02-21-2013 01:13 AM)TheSlayer Wrote:  

Also, I have read somewhere that PS4 and the upcoming Xbox will disable the ability to play used discs on the system. If this happens, I predict this may lead to the eventual downfall of these gaming consoles. Anyone else hear anything about this?

With the advent of cloud computing and downloading direct-to-console, I wouldn't be surprised to see games exclusive to the individual user's console. The fallout will be interesting.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I have a PS3 and all I use it for is watching Blu-rays, should I dump it now while it is still worth something and just get a cheap Blu-Ray player?

What does the console look like?

Quote: (02-21-2013 01:29 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

With the advent of cloud computing and downloading direct-to-console, I wouldn't be surprised to see games exclusive to the individual user's console. The fallout will be interesting.
It will be the end of Game Stop.

500 bucks and no PS3 game compatibility? Fuck you Sony.

Quote: (02-21-2013 04:43 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Quote: (02-21-2013 01:29 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

It will be the end of Game Stop.

Confirmed for false by Sony at the presentation.

I don't have a Blueray player, and I don't feel like I'm really missing out. Do you guys still buy physical media? I mean I own some favorites on DVD, but that's about it. Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO all stream in HD.

Also, I don't know if I want to buy one of these consoles...seems like it would just encourage me to stay at home, which is the last thing I need. Still, they are tempting. XBox 720 or PS4? Hard to decide.

Fuck the Gaystation 4.

I'm waiting for the Nintendo Us to come out.

Nope.

Not hard to decide at all, 720 will be far better. 360 was far better than PS3 in all areas bar blu ray, which will no longer be an issue. Also, PS3 controllers are made for the hands of a woman or small boy.

Quote: (02-20-2013 11:16 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Good taste Sir, those are some of my favorite games of all time.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin