rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Saw Palmetto

Saw Palmetto

Guys, this has got to be the miracle drug of my life! I started taking this because it's suppose to help with prostate stuff BUT while I am not sure how much it has helped with that it sure as hell helped with some other very measurable stuff.

1. It's a big time mood booster. I use it to deal with my depression. First, I was using another expensive herbal called BeCalm. But once I started taking Saw Palmetto I noticed I didn't need it anymore.

2. It appears to help with hair regrowth. My hair appears fuller and I was losing my hair on front of my head before not anymore. Also my hair isn't falling out as much.

Now, I do take a lot of this stuff, about a total of 2000 mg per day. I just buy the standard 450mg capsules from CVS and take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening along with a Centrum Silver multi-vitamin. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Saw Palmetto

So, it helps with mood and hair? Are there any side-effects?

This website says it can cause ED: http://sawpalmettosideeffectshq.com/saw-...estrogens/

Saw Palmetto

None, that I have experienced. Can't prove this but my erections seem to be stronger since I started using this damn thing too so maybe it is helping with the prostate.

Saw Palmetto

Started taking this at lunch a month or so ago.

Seems to be dope, but I can't really pinpoint it (I am taking so much other stuff).

Saw Palmetto

What brand? And does it actually re-grow the hair? How can you tell that it works on your hair and isn't placebo- how do you measure progress?

Saw Palmetto

It's the only thing I take and all I have to do is stop taking it to feel the difference. The first thing that gets affected is my mental state/mood.

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 03:46 PM)soup Wrote:  

What brand?

I just use the brand from the local drugstore CVS.

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 03:47 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

It's the only thing I take and all I have to do is stop taking it to feel the difference. The first thing that gets affected is my mental state/mood.

Yes, but that could just mean you are addicted. Psychoactive drugs can fuck with your seratonin levels if you just go cold turkey and don't taper off.. can be very dangerous.

Saw Palmetto

I started out taking Prozac and that literally nearly killed me - wanted to commit suicide. The BeCalm stuff was much better than Prozac, far more natural feeling. This is even better than that. This is not widely viewed as mood enhancer but it does the job for me. Of course, it's better to not have to take anything at all. You can just shave your head and go for that look.

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 03:46 PM)soup Wrote:  

What brand?

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Palmetto...B0013OQP74

About to take one right now. (so to speak)

Saw Palmetto

I used to shave my head, but that's out of style around here now. The shaggy thing is in, even if you are balding somewhat.

Saw Palmetto

Quote:Quote:

As explained by Dr. Oz, when Saw Palmetto is introduced into the body it effects male hormones. Normally, "good" testosterone converts into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Although DHT is crucial during male developement through adolscence, later in life DHT contributes to male balding. Extra DHT collects in the prostates, causing urinary disorders and even prostate cancer.

Saw Palmetto inhibits "good testosterone" from converting into DHT. This higher number of healthy testosterone is how Saw Palmetto contributes to better workouts and libido. It also helps treat prostate disorders because it prevents any unneccesary DHT from pooling up in the prostates.

Sounds good to me [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

Saw Palmetto

Thanks for the info, makes sense when explained that way.

Saw Palmetto

Same with G. I take so much shit I have no idea what's actually happening to me. I feel good though. I love when I travel out of town for a few days because I don't pack anything except for ACV tablets. I love breaking up the routine of taking shit everyday.

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 04:33 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Same with G. I take so much shit I have no idea what's actually happening to me. I feel good though. I love when I travel out of town for a few days because I don't pack anything except for ACV tablets. I love breaking up the routine of taking shit everyday.

How do you like the ACV tabs VS the liquid?

Does Bragg make them? Which brand do you use?

Saw Palmetto

I was taking for weeks, but ran out and haven't gotten around to picking up another bottle. You can get good deals on vitamins from Puritans Pride online.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Saw Palmetto

Imma try it and report back

Saw Palmetto

unless one has a DHT excess (confirmed by bloodwork) it does not seem a good option for men

http://www.mikemahler.com/online-library...ogens.html

With regard to herbal supplements, avoid saw palmetto, which can block the conversion of testosterone into DHT. Given that DHT is more potent than testosterone, this is the last thing you want. Saw palmetto can also reduce androgen receptor uptake of testosterone and DHT, which just makes things worse. Instead, take nettle root, which shows numerous benefits, including unbinding testosterone and DHT from the glycoprotein sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 04:38 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2013 04:33 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

How do you like the ACV tabs VS the liquid?

Does Bragg make them? Which brand do you use?

I prefer the liquid because you know just off the taste that it's doing something. Can't really tell with the tabs (especially since I take so many other pills most of the time). The tabs have apple pectin in them though which is an antioxidant found in apples. Some health benefits in that supposedly. Not sure if liquid ACV naturally has Pectin but it's highlighted on the brand of tablets I use which is the Vitamin Shoppe house brand.

Saw Palmetto

http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateS...a8-07.html

Saw Palmetto

Nomad, try taking 3,000mg of niacin (B-3) a day. They talk about it on one of the documentaries on Netflix, "Food Matters" I think. Basically a doctor found out it helps dramatically with depression and alcoholism and recommended it to his buddy who just happened to be the chap who started AA. Well it worked for him and he wanted to institute it into the AA program but big Pharma had already infiltrated AA and to this day AA doesn't implement any vitamin/nutrition steps to it's program.

I've been meaning to give it a shot, I just haven't been able to pick up some B-3 yet.

Saw Palmetto

Do NOT take Saw Palmetto if you're under 20. It'll screw up your natural hormone levels. I tried it last year and felt like shit. If you're under 20, stick to just plain multi-V's, ACV, Zinc and ACV. Nothing hormone manipulating.

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-20-2013 12:49 AM)JohnnyAppleSeeds Wrote:  

Nomad, try taking 3,000mg of niacin (B-3) a day. They talk about it on one of the documentaries on Netflix, "Food Matters" I think. Basically a doctor found out it helps dramatically with depression and alcoholism and recommended it to his buddy who just happened to be the chap who started AA. Well it worked for him and he wanted to institute it into the AA program but big Pharma had already infiltrated AA and to this day AA doesn't implement any vitamin/nutrition steps to it's program.

I've been meaning to give it a shot, I just haven't been able to pick up some B-3 yet.

Niacin, makes your skin flush like crazy.

Saw Palmetto

Saw Palmetto works for me. It's cheap, easy to get anywhere, and have multiple benefits. I believe in the saying: don't fix it if it ain't broken [Image: wink.gif]

Saw Palmetto

Quote: (02-19-2013 06:21 PM)callaghan Wrote:  

unless one has a DHT excess (confirmed by bloodwork) it does not seem a good option for men

http://www.mikemahler.com/online-library...ogens.html

With regard to herbal supplements, avoid saw palmetto, which can block the conversion of testosterone into DHT. Given that DHT is more potent than testosterone, this is the last thing you want. Saw palmetto can also reduce androgen receptor uptake of testosterone and DHT, which just makes things worse. Instead, take nettle root, which shows numerous benefits, including unbinding testosterone and DHT from the glycoprotein sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

So, saw P reduces testosterone and it's better to take nettle root? Do you take nettle root?