rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Quality Shirts

Quality Shirts

Need some help guys. I'm updating my wardrobe and will be getting rid of some white shirts, replacing them with new ones. Can anyone tell me some brands that sell quality shirts with this type of collar?
[Image: kfb6Rm5.png]
[Image: v7MuuTN.png]

Quality Shirts

Brooks Brothers, Burberry, Ermenegildo Zegna and Michael Bastian. Below is an example of a Burberry shirt from their site:

[Image: attachment.jpg9967]   

Quality Shirts

Decent find, thanks, but I would prefer a bit of 'spread' like on the one I posted. I'll have a look at the other brands you listed though. I'd really prefer not to order custom from one of those online sites as the reviews seem extremely hit or miss.

Quality Shirts

Actually, the Burberry online shop does have a shirt with a collar like the one I posted in the OP. A bit pricey though at 250 a pop. I want to buy like five at once.

Quality Shirts

You can also try Indochino, J. Hillard, or Blank Label(cheapest) for cheaper shirts, its hard for me to tell which collar that is but you play around on the online stores of the above and see if you find it. An Indochino sample is below, as well .

[Image: attachment.jpg9968]   

http://www.indochino.com/collection/Shirts

http://www.jhilburn.com/shirtbuilder.asp...0-0100-404

http://www.blanklabel.com/Products/Catalog

Quality Shirts

What's your stats ? Can you wear off the rack ?

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Quality Shirts

Check out Pink and TM Lewis, BB, Tyrwhitt, Burberry.

The most important thing is collar and sleeve length. You can take in the sides of a baggy shirt and put in darts, turning a baggy shirt into an athletic fit. I am not sure if it is even possible to change the collar.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-12-2013 08:26 PM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

Need some help guys. I'm updating my wardrobe and will be getting rid of some white shirts, replacing them with new ones. Can anyone tell me some brands that sell quality shirts with this type of collar?
[Image: kfb6Rm5.png]
[Image: v7MuuTN.png]

That Proper Cloth spread doesn't even have a proper name.

If you've got coin, i'd send that picture to the dudes @ Jantzen Tailor, and have them make you the shirt for 50.

WIA

Quality Shirts

I basically will not pay more than ~ $55 for a shirt. Why? Because you can get custom shirts made for that amount (in the US), so why am I going to pay twice or four times as much? I'd rather put the difference into a suit than the shirt.

Quality Shirts

Cheers for the info WIA, have you ordered from them before?

Menace, where have you ordered custom shirts for 55 a piece?

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-13-2013 10:36 AM)_GQ_ Wrote:  

There is a place in DC that does it: vmclothiers.com (4 shirts for $225). I have not done it myself however.

Quality Shirts

Interesting collar style, but wold only look good on slender guys

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quality Shirts

Yeah I'm slim and lean with a skinny neck.

Speaking of interesting collar types, I love some of the collars Ozwald Boateng uses. Quality craftsmanship.

Quality Shirts

No I haven't. But i've got a shirt bucket list, and they're near the top. Right now, I've got 60 dress shirts. Although i'm sure I could whittle it down to 6 awesome shirts, there's no need.

Here's a 6 year old/134 page thread about them

http://www.styleforum.net/t/40751/jantze...le-at-last

WIA

Quality Shirts

Get a tailor and custom make it. Fabrics: Grandi and Rubinelli, Thomas Mason, and Acorn.

Quality Shirts

redacted

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-13-2013 10:42 AM)Menace Wrote:  

There is a place in DC that does it: vmclothiers.com (4 shirts for $225). I have not done it myself however.

He makes good shirts, his name is Vishal and I've gotten stuff thru him before, but after taxes and shipping its closer to 270.

Epic Shirtmakers online is worth checking out, I like there stuff as well - if you look online you can find $35 for $75 deals where you pay $35 and get a $75 credit, so a plain white shirt will end up costing about 55 after shipping

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-13-2013 11:57 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

He makes good shirts, his name is Vishal and I've gotten stuff thru him before, but after taxes and shipping its closer to 270.

Does he also make suits? If so, do you know the price range of a suit? The reason why I am asking is that there was another Indian guy in D.C. who used to make suits and shirts for me and who I think may have passed away. He was getting up there in years. The one phone number I had for him is no longer in service, he never had a website as far as I know, and I never had an e-mail address for him.

Quality Shirts

If you aren't going to get custom (which is of course best), I just suggest going with Brooks Brothers. They offer a wide variety of fits and styles for a decent quality/price ratio. The more elite brands aren't going to give you significantly better fit or fabric. You're just paying for the brand.

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-14-2013 01:20 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2013 11:57 PM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Does he also make suits? If so, do you know the price range of a suit? The reason why I am asking is that there was another Indian guy in D.C. who used to make suits and shirts for me and who I think may have passed away. He was getting up there in years. The one phone number I had for him is no longer in service, he never had a website as far as I know, and I never had an e-mail address for him.

Yes they make suits. Just check out their web page. They have packages.

Quality Shirts

Do they have a location in the district? I hate buying clothes online

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-14-2013 04:37 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Do they have a location in the district? I hate buying clothes online

yes, he has a small little studio on 16th st i believe. check the website = http://www.vmclothiers.com he's a younger guy.

Quality Shirts

With shirts it's all about FIT. A plain white or light blue shirt, no pocket, looks great if it fits perfectly.

Best to go to a tailor and get measured professionally. Then get a copy of your measurements and order online.

I think Indochino's stuff looks great. You can also get dress pants tailored to your specifications from them.

If you're in San Francisco check out Spoon Tailor downtown. They measure you, get the shirts made in Hong Kong to your specifications, then mail them to the US for pickup. If it doesn't fit they remake it. It's about $95 per shirt, with 10% discount if you order four.

It's worth it to pay a bit more to get a perfect fit.

Quality Shirts

The best shirt, in terms of fit, for me was Zara...unfortunately, the quality is typical Zara. I am considering taking it to a tailor and having him make a pattern from it and ordering a bunch of them. I've tried all kinds of clothing but nothing really looks as good on me as a white button-up shirt.

For the real g's with custom clothing, what kind of fabrics do you recommend? I know that the same shirt that will be crisp and cool in the summer will be useless in fall or winter. Any input would be appreciated. I'm well versed in the different wools used for suiting but am a dumbass regarding shirts.

Quality Shirts

Quote: (02-15-2013 03:50 PM)le tigre Wrote:  

With shirts it's all about FIT. A plain white or light blue shirt, no pocket, looks great if it fits perfectly.

Best to go to a tailor and get measured professionally. Then get a copy of your measurements and order online.

I think Indochino's stuff looks great. You can also get dress pants tailored to your specifications from them.

If you're in San Francisco check out Spoon Tailor downtown. They measure you, get the shirts made in Hong Kong to your specifications, then mail them to the US for pickup. If it doesn't fit they remake it. It's about $95 per shirt, with 10% discount if you order four.

It's worth it to pay a bit more to get a perfect fit.

Yeah but the quality of fabric, buttons, and thread suck. Especially the latter. The only place to my knowledge you'll find quality thread now is out of Germany.

Quote: (02-17-2013 12:33 PM)Donnington93 Wrote:  

The best shirt, in terms of fit, for me was Zara...unfortunately, the quality is typical Zara. I am considering taking it to a tailor and having him make a pattern from it and ordering a bunch of them. I've tried all kinds of clothing but nothing really looks as good on me as a white button-up shirt.

For the real g's with custom clothing, what kind of fabrics do you recommend? I know that the same shirt that will be crisp and cool in the summer will be useless in fall or winter. Any input would be appreciated. I'm well versed in the different wools used for suiting but am a dumbass regarding shirts.

It's hard to get quality fabric in the U.S. It is reserved for custom tailors, and they charge premium. You might be able to go to the garment district in NYC, but again, you'll pay. I think it's chump move to have anything custom built here. Those fabrics aren't even available to regular mom and pop fabric shops. They have the market cornered.

You can get custom suits and shirts built in the ME for a fraction, with the same fabric quality. Do you think those rich Arabs have their man dresses made from $6 a yard fabric? Hells no. It is world class, and I have shirts made from the same fabric. And my over coat. I didn't even know wool was made like that.

You can fly to the ME, wait for suits, ect, come back and still be in the black.

I was looking at doing the same thing, with taking an Express shirt to be reverse engineered, but can't seem to find a 97% cotton, 3% spandex blend on the bolt. Even then, I'll have it done in ME for a fraction. And take my own fabric and thread.