rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"I usually don't get stood up"

I got a girl's phone number a couple weeks ago and we set up a date a week later for 6pm. On the day of of the date I text her to meet me at a cafe, and she says she'll be there. I go to the cafe a couple minutes after 6 and she wasn't there. I waited about 15 more minutes, checked my phone (no new messages from her), and realized I'd been stood up. I left the cafe furious. I'd been flaked on before, but never actually stood up with no warning.

A couple days ago I was drunk and sent the girl a random text.

Me "up"

Today she sends this:

Girl "?"
Girl "I'm still kinda mad you know, I usually don't get stood up [Image: tongue.gif]"

So what the fuck? I haven't sent a response yet. It's possible she was actually at the cafe but she didn't even text me to let me know and we both thought the other stood the other person up.

ANYWAY, my question is how I should proceed. Should I say I was there and thought she was the one who stood me up or is there a way I can play this situation to me advantage? This is the first time I've had something like this happen.

Act as if nothing happened. Text her "yeah I was drunk when I sent that last text. What's new with you?" Or something to that effect.

call her, sort it out and then you both laugh at the fact that you stood up each other

btw, i find it interesting that you went to the cafe and didn't actually call her to see where the fuck she is

Actually I think not calling when she didn't show up was pretty golden. I mean she didn't call you either.

Don't make any excuses/apologies or try and sort it out. Just say, "Let me make it up to you" and go grab a drink with her some place with good logistics. I bet you'll get the bang.

One time I flaked on a girl because work came up. Then when we went out I got called away half way through the date. Finally when I got a full night off she jumped me. That shit works, it just has to be natural. Take advantage of the situation.

Happened to me. It was just some missed train.
Just be casual but not mad: "Hey, so what happened? "
This will get the conversation going.
From then, reschedule.

Nah you gotta ring once at least when you're there about 15 to 20 minutes in. It makes them feel bad if they really have flaked on you and don't answer.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (02-05-2013 11:06 PM)Ensam Wrote:  

Actually I think not calling when she didn't show up was pretty golden.

Silly. What if she was waiting outside instead of inside? What if she got the location or time wrong? It appears she attempted to show up for the date and felt stood up. She responded to the text despite this indignation. Obviously you both like each other. Instead of playing aloof "game", a simple text might have resolved things the same night.