rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Brazil hit by horrible crack epidemic

Quote:Quote:

In cities all over Brazil — from this gritty metropolis to the crown jewel of Rio de Janeiro and smaller places in the middle of the Amazonian jungle — nightfall brings out swarms of desperate addicts looking for their next fix in districts known as “cracolandias,” or cracklands.

And like the crack wave that slammed the United States, the result here is the same — lives destroyed, families upended, neighborhoods made uninhabitable.

[...]

Out in Sao Paulo’s cracolandia on a recent night, emaciated men, and a few women, crowded around pipes, the soft glow of burning rocks lighting up the darkness. Some huddled under blankets, guarding their precious rocks. Others walked the streets in a frenzy, looking for someone to sell them the day’s ecstasy.

Their precious. [Image: sad.gif]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_...story.html

Quote: (12-27-2012 09:16 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

In cities all over Brazil — from this gritty metropolis to the crown jewel of Rio de Janeiro and smaller places in the middle of the Amazonian jungle — nightfall brings out swarms of desperate addicts looking for their next fix in districts known as “cracolandias,” or cracklands.

And like the crack wave that slammed the United States, the result here is the same — lives destroyed, families upended, neighborhoods made uninhabitable.

[...]

Out in Sao Paulo’s cracolandia on a recent night, emaciated men, and a few women, crowded around pipes, the soft glow of burning rocks lighting up the darkness. Some huddled under blankets, guarding their precious rocks. Others walked the streets in a frenzy, looking for someone to sell them the day’s ecstasy.

Brazil is repeating the last half century of US history at a 4:1 accelerated pace. Next up: stock market bubble, ill-conceived foreign war and real estate crash.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

In SP, we had the Crackland, a neighbourhood full of drug addicts.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

I guessed they've upgraded from sniffing glue out of paper bags.

OMG what's next... Brazilian crack whores ???

Quote: (12-27-2012 10:07 AM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2012 09:16 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

[...]

Brazil is repeating the last half century of US history at a 4:1 accelerated pace. Next up: stock market bubble, ill-conceived foreign war and real estate crash.

Soma, you forgot the obesity epidemic, hopefully those Brazilian fatties start hitting the C-pipe!

Dupe thread:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-18997.html

Quote: (12-27-2012 07:59 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Soma, you forgot the obesity epidemic, hopefully those Brazilian fatties start hitting the C-pipe!

Yep, already there: More than 50 per cent of adults in Brazil are (overweight or) obese and the rate of obesity is growing by 1 percentage point per year.

Also, the accelerated conflation of gender roles, rise of feminism, etc. goes without saying.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

crack eh?

any chance we can blame Ronald Reagan for this?

Quote: (12-27-2012 11:36 PM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (12-27-2012 07:59 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Yep, already there: More than 50 per cent of adults in Brazil are (overweight or) obese and the rate of obesity is growing by 1 percentage point per year.

Also, the accelerated conflation of gender roles, rise of feminism, etc. goes without saying.

I seriously doubt that 50% number, from my daily observations 50% is too low... Pretty much everyone I see on the street are overweight. Over here I dont see the american sized obese very often, but virtually almost everyone is clearly overweight

Ahh, the good 'ol days.

Documentary "Cocaine Cowboys"

So you would say that Brazil these days is like Miami in the 80s?
Or perhaps NYC?

Don't I don't advocate doing this, nor attempting to replicate this down in Copacabana, but it is a very interesting documentary. . .
I miss the eighties. Too bad I wasn't around back then.

with money, come the vices too

plenty of brazilians got more money than they ever had

Like others in here have said, with an expanding economy comes expanding wallets. More money in the pocket means a boom time for the vices. Anything really; gambling, drugs, women, etc.

There are little drug spots like this EVERYWHERE. This is a big time heroin spot not so far from where I live: Hunts Point, Bronx NYC Prostitute/Drug Zone
The photographer's name is Chris Arnade, check out more of his photography: Chris Arnade Photography

it's not much different than russia 10+ years ago, really