rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Winter Music Conference in Miami

Anyone ever been? I've wanted to go for some time. It's one of those must do before I die things, like Carnaval in Rio or visiting the Louvre. Unfortunately, if I went I'd have to go by myself. None of my boys have either the time and/or money to go. The talent looks incredible: http://www.clubzone.com/wmc/miami-winter...vents.html

Having all the world reknown international DJs in one place is reason alone to go. Then you have the girls to top it off.

Quote: (03-15-2010 05:28 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Anyone ever been? I've wanted to go for some time. It's one of those must do before I die things, like Carnaval in Rio or visiting the Louvre. Unfortunately, if I went I'd have to go by myself. None of my boys have either the time and/or money to go. The talent looks incredible: http://www.clubzone.com/wmc/miami-winter...vents.html

Having all the world reknown international DJs in one place is reason alone to go. Then you have the girls to top it off.

WMC was the catalyst for my move to Miami. Went for the first time on '01. Partied for 7 days straight. Moved to Miami that fall and went to WMC for the next 4 years, each time partying for 6-10 days straight. I can´t even begin to talk about what all goes on at WMC. There´s 35-40 or more parties/event during the day and 15-20 or more at night. Nikki Beach is a must do.

Quote: (03-15-2010 08:46 PM)EndGame Wrote:  

WMC was the catalyst for my move to Miami. Went for the first time on '01. Partied for 7 days straight. Moved to Miami that fall and went to WMC for the next 4 years, each time partying for 6-10 days straight. I can´t even begin to talk about what all goes on at WMC. There´s 35-40 or more parties/event during the day and 15-20 or more at night. Nikki Beach is a must do.

Damn man, you're killin' me. I should've planned to be there earlier. Hotel and air fares must be insane by now. [Image: sad.gif]

speakeasy,

I think I have mentioned on here before that WMC is my least favorite time to be in Miami Beach.

Quote: (03-15-2010 10:05 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

speakeasy,

I think I have mentioned on here before that WMC is my least favorite time to be in Miami Beach.

Really?? I didn't see that post.

Yeah, too many guys and tourists for my tastes. A lot of hoods too.

I prefer Miami Beach on a regular night in Feb. South Beach is crazy enough as is.

Quote: (03-16-2010 01:59 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I prefer Miami Beach on a regular night in Feb. South Beach is crazy enough as is.

Agreed 100%. I live in Miami Beach, and I tend to go away to other cities this week - too much of a cock-fest everywhere you go.

Quote: (03-16-2010 01:59 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Advice taken - Tickets and hotel cancelled for WMC. Other feedback I've heard from friends is huge lines, and 2-to-1 guy to girl ratio. Also, I've heard the true Miami is watered down by Spring Break'ers, and I'm not in the market for American born chicks right now.

I love house music, but I love chicks more, so I need to re-focus on Armanid's block-by-block hit-list of latin american communities from the "South American Girls Closer to Home" thread.

OK - so I've missed the recommended February window, and I expect there is a "hangover" period after WMC, where the clubs lull for a bit, so how soon do you think I should go? Is it always good? (Haven't been to South Beach for 10 fekking years...)

Quote: (03-15-2010 08:52 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2010 08:46 PM)EndGame Wrote:  

Damn man, you're killin' me. I should've planned to be there earlier. Hotel and air fares must be insane by now. [Image: sad.gif]

Wouldn´t know what airfare would be although I got a couple of alerts from Priceline - one is a $44+ One-Way Flight Sale by AirTran and the other was a 6% drop on flights to Miami. As for hotel/lodging, everything´s either all booked or the good rooms (except maybe for some high end suites) are taken.

One of the things I like about WMC is the opportunity to go to events & venues that otherwise wouldn´t be normally available - such as a magical party on the Sony building rooftop, a sizzlin Armani fashion show (with some hot models) or a boat cruise around Biscayne Bay with some big name DJs on board. And these are just the public events. If you network & play your cards right, you can get into private yacht, mansion or penthouse parties. Some really big dogs roll into town for WMC on their yachts or open up their mansions on Star Island or North Bay Road for private industry events.

South Beach is not the place to be bourgeois or hoi polloi, although it can be done. Doing VIP/Bottle Service can mean the difference between getting play or not.

That being said, WMC may not have the best guy/girl ratio of the events that occur in SoBe. The event with the best ratio that I know of is Aqua Girl - a lesbian / bi girl convention with a huge pool party (http://www.aquagirl.org/events). I happened to stumble into the tail end of their pool party one day and I was one of 4-5 guys there with about 40 women (mostly young, some MILFs).

Fashion Week Miami Beach, VolleyPalooza and the Miami Beach Fitness Fair were pretty good too.

Quote: (03-18-2010 06:48 PM)EndGame Wrote:  

The event with the best ratio that I know of is Aqua Girl - a lesbian / bi girl convention with a huge pool party (http://www.aquagirl.org/events). I happened to stumble into the tail end of their pool party one day and I was one of 4-5 guys there with about 40 women (mostly young, some MILFs).

Woah! Hold everything! That was suppose to be a secret man! :-) What are you doing man!!

Damn, this was my one buffet of debauchery the entire year for me in Miami Beach - while everyone is so focused on WMC, F1 races in Montreal, and New Years Eve in New York City - I wait patiently every year like a kid does for x-mas for the AquaGirl event in Miami.

Just imagine, 1 week long of you being surrounded by hundreds, and I mean hundreds of women, with near ZERO cocks besides you!! Its the total opposite of a cock-fest, I call it a clit-fest!

Here's the catch, if you are man, good luck getting through teh door - does not matter if you have tixx - luckily, I have Miami Beach locked down, and all those cats working in these hotels are my "dawgs". - So, I managed to "sneek-in" at most events.

I was there last year, and I kid you not - I was at a pool party - there must of been easily 200+ drunk bi-girls, and I was the only cock (at least that I saw) in the whole entire olympic sized pool since you had to buy tixx in advance online for it!! LOL - yeah, good times! It was intimidating I have to tell you, but I played it mega cool and represented!

One point, I was walking around with a hard-on, I had to place 2 towels around me to not be noticed. rotflmao! Talk about getting dirty looks!

Sure, most are lesbians, and you better not be caught hitting on them, they hate that shit -(they are lesbos after all, you are competition to them regardless) but if you play the cool, easy-going guy who supports breast cancer awareness and blah blah blah - you may just find yourself having a 3-some sooner than you think ;-)

This is where I put on all those bullshit pins with pink ribbons, cancer awareness - womens rights pins and womens' movement pins on my shorts and wear the "live strong" wrist bands - they love that.

Damn!! The jig is up!! fuck!

Quote: (03-18-2010 07:33 PM)armanid27 Wrote:  

This is where I strap on...

Haha, this sentence scared me for a second!

Quote: (03-18-2010 08:08 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

This is where I strap on...

Haha, this sentence scared me for a second!

ROTFLMAO!!! yeah, just changed my wording. =)

Quote: (03-18-2010 06:48 PM)EndGame Wrote:  

The event with the best ratio that I know of is Aqua Girl - a lesbian / bi girl convention with a huge pool party (http://www.aquagirl.org/events). I happened to stumble into the tail end of their pool party one day and I was one of 4-5 guys there with about 40 women (mostly young, some MILFs).

Woah! Hold everything! That was suppose to be a secret man! :-) What are you doing man!!

Damn, this was my one buffet of debauchery the entire year for me in Miami Beach - while everyone is so focused on WMC, F1 races in Montreal, and New Years Eve in New York City - I wait patiently every year like a kid does for x-mas for the AquaGirl event in Miami.

Just imagine, 1 week long of you being surrounded by hundreds, and I mean hundreds of women, with near ZERO cocks besides you!! Its the total opposite of a cock-fest, I call it a clit-fest!

Here's the catch, if you are man, good luck getting through teh door - does not matter if you have tixx - luckily, I have Miami Beach locked down, and all those cats working in these hotels are my "dawgs". - So, I managed to "sneek-in" at most events.

I was there last year, and I kid you not - I was at a pool party - there must of been easily 200+ drunk bi-girls, and I was the only cock (at least that I saw) in the whole entire olympic sized pool since you had to buy tixx in advance online for it!! LOL - yeah, good times! It was intimidating I have to tell you, but I played it mega cool and represented!

One point, I was walking around with a hard-on, I had to place 2 towels around me to not be noticed. rotflmao! Talk about getting dirty looks!

Sure, most are lesbians, and you better not be caught hitting on them, they hate that shit -(they are lesbos after all, you are competition to them regardless) but if you play the cool, easy-going guy who supports breast cancer awareness and blah blah blah - you may just find yourself having a 3-some sooner than you think ;-)

This is where I put on all those bullshit pins with pink ribbons, cancer awareness - womens rights pins and womens' movement pins on my shorts and wear the "live strong" wrist bands - they love that.

Damn!! The jig is up!! fuck!

Sorry man. I don´t live in SoBe anymore so I thought I´d share. I did consider flying in every year just for the event.. that one time I went I played it super cool, chatted up this pretty latina and got her number. Didn´t even try that hard - just small talk.

I know of a similar event out on the West Coast - if you want I can send you a PM with a link to it.

Damn, this is good info, (not the aquagirl part... although that was a nice tip) about music conferences in general being sausage fests. I live in Austin and just got through a week of SXSW. On paper it looks like a bad ass time with all sorts of opportunities for drunken debauchery with the ladies, but every year I come away thinking "Damn, that was a sausage fest, and the girls that did show up looked like haggard/weathered coked up party girls". Maybe its the lack of big name performers and the fact that for the most part, the artists showing up are underground.

I was thinking of hitting up Mutek in Montreal because that seemed like a good time and a good reason for making a trip. Im taking a step back and rethinking things now.

I think music festivals are a whole different type of animal because ACL in Austin is sat.ur.a.ted with FINE ass women from all over that are in town to sew royal oates.

Quote: (03-23-2010 01:06 PM)JoeSea Wrote:  

Damn, this is good info, (not the aquagirl part... although that was a nice tip) about music conferences in general being sausage fests. I live in Austin and just got through a week of SXSW. On paper it looks like a bad ass time with all sorts of opportunities for drunken debauchery with the ladies, but every year I come away thinking "Damn, that was a sausage fest, and the girls that did show up looked like haggard/weathered coked up party girls". Maybe its the lack of big name performers and the fact that for the most part, the artists showing up are underground.

I was thinking of hitting up Mutek in Montreal because that seemed like a good time and a good reason for making a trip. Im taking a step back and rethinking things now.

I think music festivals are a whole different type of animal because ACL in Austin is sat.ur.a.ted with FINE ass women from all over that are in town to sew royal oates.

So does SXSW suck?

Depends on what you're there for I guess. If its making biz contacts, boozing schmoozing with other professionals that you may not get to see during the year, its great. But if its chicks you're after, it definitely doesn't live up to near the potential that it could. One of the reasons is that it happens during spring break for the University of Texas, so most of the local talent clears out.

But being that I live here and know how to work it, I usually make out alright. One of the things about SXSW thats pretty awesome is that most of the parties are sponsored by big alcohol companies so most of the time the booze is unlimited and free.

One other thing is that there are 2 portions to the event, the internet portion and the music portion (there's film too but that runs the whole time). The internet portion is NERD fest to the max. Picture everyone that thinks they're a Twitter internet celeb all in one place, twittering... Basically its a bunch of dudes with their heads down looking at their phones and running into each other. These dudes have let the internet thing go so far to their head that I've actually overheard (on more than one occasion) them bitching at the door guy at some club they couldn't get into rambling on about how many clicks their blog gets and you don't know who you're dealing with. Needless to say the door guy laughed right in their face.

As for the music portion, after this year I came away thinking that its mainly a photo op for most of the sponsors. Their goal is to get a bunch of photos taken with their logo in the background with the "cool" people partying it up, so they bring in the heavy hitters, I.E. professional partiers and photo bloggers. Its been dubbed "hipster fest" by the locals.

JoeSea,

You described it exactly how I thought it would be.

This part is hilarious:

"These dudes have let the internet thing go so far to their head that I've actually overheard (on more than one occasion) them bitching at the door guy at some club they couldn't get into rambling on about how many clicks their blog gets and you don't know who you're dealing with. Needless to say the door guy laughed right in their face."

unknowingly, learned today ill be in sobe during the wmc. should be interesting I guess.
If anyone's around shoot me a PM

Quote: (03-13-2013 07:44 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

unknowingly, learned today ill be in sobe during the wmc. should be interesting I guess.
If anyone's around shoot me a PM

Ouch!

Just playing. Make the best of it.

Bust out some stories afterwards.

One of my least favorite times of the year in Miami as well. Maybe it's just because I lived there and had to deal with the headache. It may be fun for someone looking to have a wild time for a weekend. Lots of idiots rolling their faces off though.

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:29 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

One of my least favorite times of the year in Miami as well. Maybe it's just because I lived there and had to deal with the headache. It may be fun for someone looking to have a wild time for a weekend. Lots of idiots rolling their faces off though.

InternationPlayboy, is there any way to make the best of it?

Maybe Street Game during the day and night?

Try to pick of some easy ones?

Thoughts?

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:31 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Thoughts?

It's hard to say, I was always working and when I got off I tried to avoid the whole scene. I usually did more low key parties. I think street game could play out pretty well during the day, maybe better so at night when everyone is done with the parties. That was one of my favorite ways to pick up on the beach. I always saw some nice talent walking around in South Beach during that weekend. Only problem for me was a lot of them were rolled out of their domes.

Come to think of it, I got a lot of girls hollering at me while I was at work during that time. I banged one of the hotel guests that weekend last year.

But you say it's your least favorite time to be in Miami Beach, even over Urban Hip Hop weekend?

Last year the beach was a complete police state for Urban Hip Hop Weekend.

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:31 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Thoughts?

It's hard to say, I was always working and when I got off I tried to avoid the whole scene. I usually did more low key parties. I think street game could play out pretty well during the day, maybe better so at night when everyone is done with the parties. That was one of my favorite ways to pick up on the beach. I always saw some nice talent walking around in South Beach during that weekend. Only problem for me was a lot of them were rolled out of their domes.

Come to think of it, I got a lot of girls hollering at me while I was at work during that time. I banged one of the hotel guests that weekend last year.

But you say it's your least favorite time to be in Miami Beach, even over Urban Hip Hop weekend?

My friend was there with his wife and baby during that weekend. His hotel ?Lowes actually refunded there entire stay and coordinated a move to fort lauderdale...

Quote: (03-13-2013 08:31 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Thoughts?

When is that? Memorial Day?

Never been, but I am sure that would be my least favorite.

But I have no intentions of ever finding out.