rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Finance/Game Blog

Finance/Game Blog

Been a long week guys, wish I could have made it to the sausage fest out in DC this year. Nothing but good news, moving to a better job, changing up my game style and have upgraded my wardrobe.

With that said, i contacted a few players I know and we set up a game/finance blog. Since most of you cats get your game info here feel free to ping me or post up questions on the site and I'll be able to address everyone at there, finance related of course. (I'm tired of blowing up on all the Wall Street threads since the info is always dead wrong, so i'll avoid them and simply comment on what Wall Street really is like on the blog).

I'll stick around on here to help with Data Sheets (i'll be traveling extensively again starting in December) and helping with general game advice.

With that said, one last shout out to Lothario, after chatting with him it's time to start living and helping everyone out there make some $$$. Since "yahoo finance" is like getting game advice from the 40 year old virgin.

http://WallStreetPlayboys.com

Riches over Bitches.

Also posted a great text thread up on twitter for all those "body doesn't matter" players.

Good luck out there.

Finance/Game Blog

Cool blog. I bookmarked it and intend to read often.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Finance/Game Blog

Thanks player slay onnnn

Quote: (10-14-2012 09:57 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Cool blog. I bookmarked it and intend to read often.

Finance/Game Blog

Done.

Reading your blog inspires me to want to achieve a high end lifestyle. How often are you going to update?

Finance/Game Blog

Thanks, nice catch Attention to Detail!

We'll be posting 1-2x weekly or so. Earnings season will be slower, I got a few other higher end guys contributing so it will be up every week. If you have questions on anything finace related feel free to post up.

I'll also include some line by line pick up to close from night game, finally found a venue where my mic works

Slay on!

Quote: (10-14-2012 10:12 PM)Architekt Wrote:  

May want to remove the www from the link, before edit time is up.

Finance/Game Blog

This is awesome dude. Subbed on Google Reader.

Finance/Game Blog

Very nice. Great content already.

Finance/Game Blog

Thanks slayers, I'll be building out more personal fianance items in the near term to help everyone get their $$$ on point!

In the mean time keep pounding sand out there

Finance/Game Blog

bookmarked! That blog combines two of the things I read about most. I'd love to see/read something about taking advantage of international personal banking.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Finance/Game Blog

Quote: (10-15-2012 09:03 AM)wiscanada Wrote:  

bookmarked! That blog combines two of the things I read about most. I'd love to see/read something about taking advantage of international personal banking.

Thanks! Are you referring to personal savings in international terms or international investing?

Will work on a post to address whatever items you may have. Feel free to comment on he personal finace or Wall Street Q&A.

The more ideas the better. Will address basics first and grow into complex topics in the future.

Finance/Game Blog

Good initiative. I'll follow the site and contribute where I can on both subjects. I've got about 4 years experience in finance/IB and am a pretty active investor and trader.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Finance/Game Blog

Thanks WestCoast. I'll be following along on your blog. I need to make some Dinero!! I have a request though. How about some info on how to take a small amount of money ...say $1000 and use it to make some easy profit. Probably the best idea I've read on here is flipping stuff from yard sales on eBay. Any business advice for us noobs?

Team Nachos

Finance/Game Blog

@ president carter I'll shoot you a pm. I've got guys in banking/sales/research/long-short equity/ macro hedge/market neutral/one large top 3 PE firm. Overall PE/straight day trader contacts are being improved

Parlay: for lower sums, 1. Your credit is your best friend and 2. For $1000 liquid you'll definitely need to flip items the best thing to flip is a car (used to flipped two of these back in the hay day)

Finance/Game Blog

I was thinking personal savings. Having different currencies in different places.

Quote: (10-15-2012 09:22 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Thanks! Are you referring to personal savings in international terms or international investing?

Will work on a post to address whatever items you may have. Feel free to comment on he personal finace or Wall Street Q&A.

The more ideas the better. Will address basics first and grow into complex topics in the future.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Finance/Game Blog

Will do. Going to think up some ideas and come up with a post

Quote: (10-15-2012 12:33 PM)wiscanada Wrote:  

I was thinking personal savings. Having different currencies in different places.

Quote: (10-15-2012 09:22 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Finance/Game Blog

How do you feel about currency trading online for quick profit? Any recommendations?

Team Nachos

Finance/Game Blog

Quote: (10-15-2012 01:50 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

How do you feel about currency trading online for quick profit? Any recommendations?

Simply put, no. It's all a scam.

The only currency exchange you can pull of for legit profits is in Argentina/Venezuela where you can go black market.

If you think you can kill it with fx trades, you're goin to lose your cash more likely than not. You're playing monetary god of global economics. Tough gig.

Finance/Game Blog

Quote: (10-15-2012 01:52 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (10-15-2012 01:50 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Simply put, no. It's all a scam.

The only currency exchange you can pull of for legit profits is in Argentina/Venezuela where you can go black market.

If you think you can kill it with fx trades, you're goin to lose your cash more likely than not. You're playing monetary god of global economics. Tough gig.

Agreed. Essentially 99% of retail investors will lose over the long term in forex. If you want to gamble, you're better off making calculated bets on index ETF options (SPY calls and puts) for a quick buck.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Finance/Game Blog

WC: any lawyer friends (big law)? Would be cool to see a post about how they run their finances.

Finance/Game Blog

Quote: (10-15-2012 02:14 PM)Menace Wrote:  

WC: any lawyer friends (big law)? Would be cool to see a post about how they run their finances.

I won't be mixing lawyer items in there since I do not work nor know the space well. I understand the general pay range so advice for guys over $100K annual salary would fall into the personal finance section.

Finance/Game Blog

Good stuff WestCoast. Any chance we can get a noobs guide on investing, as well as good ideas on what do do with savings(for retirement, grad school, home etc)?

Finance/Game Blog

Quote: (10-15-2012 02:42 PM)iWin Wrote:  

Good stuff WestCoast. Any chance we can get a noobs guide on investing, as well as good ideas on what do do with savings(for retirement, grad school, home etc)?

Yep will do, I'm writing one long one on the very first step.

Finance/Game Blog

Congrats on the Blog Westcoast and thanks for the recognition.....

I know you have covered in the past on Investing advice thread but another idea in the hat for a blog post for investing just like parley mentioned if you have $ 1000 lying around what would you do with it.

What if someone has $ 25,000 or 50,000. Investing Ideas ?

1. Not interested in stocks but you can give your opinion anyway.

2. Gold ?

3. Invest in Rental property. Duplex and or 4 Plex ?

4. Any other ideas [Image: idea.gif] ........

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Finance/Game Blog

Yeah I wanna hear your plan for turning $1000 into $100k in two years.
Whatcha got? [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Finance/Game Blog

Sure will do guys, feel like I'm hounding this thread now. So feel free to post up the questions in the personal finance section or i can juat check this in a couple hours. Seems like lots of demand on the personal finance side

Turnin 1K ino $100K in 2 years? = I don't sell dreams. Your best all in bet would be a complete crap shoot penny stock!