rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stop getting sick

Stop getting sick

My immune system seems to be very weak.

I had the flu twice during the last 2 months. I guess traveling and meeting lots of girls don't exactly help the case, but there has to be something that can be done?

I have my nutrition figured out and I am in great shape. When I travel I take vitamins and ZMA with me. But I still keep getting sick.

Anything else that can be done?

Stop getting sick

If I were you I'd consult your doctor not this forum. Should you have immune deficiency or any other *actual* problem you need to talk to someone with a medical degree.

What I do personally to minimize sick days is lifting weights at least once a week, eating on a 80% paleo regimen (lots of veggies and meat), popping in vitamins every day etc. That said I still catch cold from time to time.

Stop getting sick

What is your diet like?

Stop getting sick

You say you have nutrition handled... can you elaborate? If you're getting sick alot Im inclined to think there's room for improvement there.

I've found paleo diet + other specifics to be huge in this area. If you're still eating wheat, carbs, sugar etc with any regularlity then they are gonna massively impact your immune system.

For me, with a paleo diet as the base - i.e. most meals = meat, veggies, healthy fats - these things help:

Antiviral/antibacterial:

-Coconut oil (cook with it, also can eat a teaspoon or two after meals. The ketones are great fuel for exercise & mental focus too)
-Green tea/ white tea ,with a piece of ginger in. I drink this whenever at home basically
-Garlic
-Turmeric in all food I cook, very anti-inflammatory
-priobiotics 1-day
-Vitamin D supplementation 5000-10000 IU daily

Other stuff:

-Minimising stress. making sure to get out, get sunlight, fresh air, walk for atleast an hour a day, see friends and/or a girls ideally on most days of the week. Too many days alone without "nourishing" social contact screws me up.

-Smart exercising. For me thats 2-3 short strength training sessions and 2 very short conditioning sessions e.g. Kettlebell swings a week, no more.

-Sleeping enough. If am up late the night before,getting in a couple of 30min power naps or a 1.5h nap in the early evening to make up for it.

When I have this stuff down, I just dont get sick. When I do get sick, its almost always after a few days of either high stress, significant lack of sleep or binging on eating+drinking carbs/wheat/sugar alcohol. Keep your body in its natural equilibrium, and sickness becomes a rare event.

Stop getting sick

Lots of veggies, meat and carbs (trying to bulk).

A while ago I went through all the veggies and made sure I get all the nutrients I need, down to the phytonutrients. I guess I'll do a blood check when I get a chance.

Stop getting sick

I'd also suggest adding HIGH QUALITY dual extracted medicinal mushrooms to your regimen. If no others, go with reishi & chaga.
A good decalcifying cleanse would probably be in order. Read "The Calcium Bomb: The Nanobacteria Link to Heart Disease & Cancer" by Douglas Mulhall and Katja Hansen.
The keys to this decalcification process are plant-based MSM, zeolites, & fulvic acid.

Stop getting sick

List everything you've eaten and drank for the past 2-3 days.

Stop getting sick

Dude get your PH tested and that will determine the course of action. More than likely your blood is acidic as most people's is. Once you know what it is, easy to get it balanced. I get no sleep which causes major stress on the body, but because I keep myself in PH balancedI never get sick.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-12-2012 10:44 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

Dude get your PH tested and that will determine the course of action. More than likely your blood is acidic as most people's is. Once you know what it is, easy to get it balanced. I get no sleep which causes major stress on the body, but because I keep myself in PH balancedI never get sick.

How would one balance their blood PH on his/her own? I also have that sleep issue.

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-12-2012 10:48 PM)CMan0928 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-12-2012 10:44 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

How would one balance their blood PH on his/her own? I also have that sleep issue.

Well working out and ZMA has a noticeable positive effect for my sleep patterns. But I still have issues most nights. If you aren't doing those 2 things then I would suggest testing your blood.

Balancing your PH level is easy. So many foods out there will accomplish the goal. Also alot of different drinks get the job done. You can buy high alkaline water and most tea's as well work great. If you need to increase acidity then just use apple cider vinegar. Vitamin B3, B6, B12 will all reduce stress through out the day and that will decrease acidity and allow your body to turn off at night.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

Stop getting sick

Maybe watch the little things. Don't go out with wet hair and shit like that.. Dress appropriately. Don't hug sneezing children..

Stop getting sick

I would get sick A LOT more when I was going out and getting drunk every weekend.

Also, when I had my AC and fan on full blast the entire night.

Stop getting sick

You left out a lot of important things like what's your diet like, your body fat percentage, and your hormone levels (need to go to lab to blood test). Without all these things, you merely second-guess the solution.

Quote: (09-12-2012 06:36 AM)bface Wrote:  

My immune system seems to be very weak.

I had the flu twice during the last 2 months. I guess traveling and meeting lots of girls don't exactly help the case, but there has to be something that can be done?

I have my nutrition figured out and I am ingreat shape. When I travel I take vitamins and ZMA with me. But I still keep getting sick.

Anything else that can be done?

Stop getting sick

Before going out to drink, take a lot of good multi-vitamin caps especially zinc because alcohol will deplete zinc. After drinking, take a lot more of it so that you don't get hangover.

Quote: (09-13-2012 09:13 PM)houston Wrote:  

I would get sick A LOT more when I was going out and getting drunk every weekend.

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-13-2012 09:27 PM)Seduction Sutra Wrote:  

You left out a lot of important things like what's your diet like, your body fat percentage, and your hormone levels (need to go to lab to blood test). Without all these things, you merely second-guess the solution.

Body fat percentage was around 6 percent when I tested it a while ago. Should still be around that.

I'll get my blood checked.

A typical day looks like:

Meal1:
Oats with milk

Meal2:
Rice, Eggs, Vegetables (Broccoli, Capsicum, Onion, Garlic)

Meal3:
Meat, Pasta, Vegetables (this varies each day)

Meal4:
Yoghurt

I usually have one or two bananas in between. Chocolate milk as PWO.

I guess it could be improved? Any suggestions?

Stop getting sick

Did you use Tanita or Omron machine to check your body fat percentage?

6% is not healthy IMHO. 8-12% is better.

Please check your blood. If you're in the US, you can go to this:

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/...esting.htm

Quote: (09-14-2012 02:54 AM)bface Wrote:  

Body fat percentage was around 6 percent when I tested it a while ago. Should still be around that.

Stop getting sick

oats, milk, rice, pasta, yoghurt...

That shit makes me sick as a dog. Go paleo mate. (yoghurt is ok occasionally, if its the good stuff- organic greek etc)

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-14-2012 04:19 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

That shit makes me sick as a dog. Go paleo mate. (yoghurt is ok occasionally, if its the good stuff- organic greek etc)

Only if you're gluten sensitive. There's one thing I don't understand, 6% body fat percentage while on that kind of diet is kind of impossible unless either the scale is wrong OR his genetics wiring is good.

@OP, please also check your "food-safe" [Image: smile.gif]

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/...-Test.html

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-14-2012 05:35 AM)Seduction Sutra Wrote:  

Only if you're gluten sensitive. There's one thing I don't understand, 6% body fat percentage while on that kind of diet is kind of impossible unless either the scale is wrong OR his genetics wiring is good.

@OP, please also check your "food-safe" [Image: smile.gif]

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/...-Test.html

It was just a skin caliper, might not be too accurate. But then I am really lean, veins showing everywhere etc. Always have been.

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-14-2012 04:19 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

I am Swiss. No way I am giving up my milk products.

And paleo and low carbs are great for losing weight. Saw many people lose a lot of weight in just a few months with it. But I am trying to add weight.

Stop getting sick

well, u can do that paleo... lots of sweet potatoes, coconut oil, etc.

At the very least I'd say cut out oats, pasta, milk. It's gluten and dairy - that stuff will impact your immune system, no question. rice is relatively tame, pretty acceptable on a bulking diet.

Stop getting sick

Quote: (09-14-2012 07:00 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

well, u can do that paleo... lots of sweet potatoes, coconut oil, etc.

At the very least I'd say cut out oats, pasta, milk. It's gluten and dairy - that stuff will impact your immune system, no question. rice is relatively tame, pretty acceptable on a bulking diet.

Why would gluten be bad if you are not allergic?

Stop getting sick

check out some of the paleo stuff literature man - the gist of it is that everyone is allergic to gluten to some degree - it's actually a toxin that grain produce so that they wont be eaten, lol.

It takes abit of a leap of faith to go paleo after a lifetime of grains. once you do though you start noticing so many benefits. there's a complex relationship between gut health and immune system, and gluten and wheat are particularly effective at slowly damaging your gut over time, which kills off the good bacteria that keep your immune system up.

paleo + probiotics make a difference. if u wanna read more about gluten etc, Mark Sisson + Robb Wolf are the goto guys.

Stop getting sick

I did that a while ago and it was mostly broscience.

I did some research on my own and came to the conclusion that gluten is not harmful at all to a normal person. Do you know of any scientific research that came out showing the benefits of paleo or are you just reiterating the marketers?

Stop getting sick

just reiterating the marketers. But also the fact that:

-I dont get sick much atall, and I used to, all the time
-every time I eat grains, wheat or dairy now, something plays up - low-level stomach pains, cough, excessive mucous, joints hurt. (it was always present pre-paleo, but at a chronic low level, not enough to notice or get it checked)

not trying to convert you. but you're getting sick, and that's the only thing wrong with your diet. I was in your position, and I tried paleo, and it worked. *shrugs*.