rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

French Music

French Music

I was going through the radio a few months ago (first time in years) and landed on an independent station playing some beautiful French music. I forgot all about going up to the station for the playlist until today. I don't know anything about these artists but the music is so smooth and I thought I some of yall might like it.

French Music

Some fantastic tracks Houston. On every first date I segue into living in France for a summer and watch a girls eyes light up and her pussy water. One of my strongest transitions is getting a girl back to my apartment, breaking out a glass of Beaujolais, slicing off some Tomme de Savoie with an Opinel knife, and throwing on some French tunes. I received a CD from my neighbor in France that contains music very similar to what you've thrown up there and it lifts both me and the girl to a better place.

If I knew what the hell the songs were, I'd look them up on YouTube and contribute to the thread.

French game is powerful stuff.

French Music

MaleDefined - I went to the radio station and the boss man told me I need to wait for the DJ so I can get the playlist. The DJ was a sexy, petite woman in her early to mid 30's. She looked at me sideways when I introduced myself and I kind of smirked because I looked like a little thug with a wife beater and tattoos all over. We got to talking and I decided to try an experiment. I said I visited Paris and some French towns (a lie) and it instantly opened my eyes and ears up to the rest of the world. She got hooked in and I started putting the Roosh travel section to use. We talked for about 10 minutes about traveling, music and being open minded in life. I should of got her number but my mind was somewhere else today. I need to figure out where to find other girls like her so I can use French game for real.

French Music

Houston,

Nice tunes. Here's another one along the same "smooth" lines...

French Music

French Music

As a french, I have to let you know that french music is more about this:

French Music

Does anyone have any info on Charlotte Savary? I caught this song in the movie Paris

French Music

Django Reinhardt

Best make-out music.

French Music

French Music

French Music

This is what comes to mind regarding French music. Wonderful classical tradition from Lully and Rameau through Debussy and Faure to Messiaen.

BTW Faure was alpha as heck, from his handlebar moustache to keeping hot singers as mistresses.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

French Music

I've liked a few tracks from Tony Sad(via Kinshasa) and Booba, albeit the these tunes are a bit harder than anything in the thread.

French Music

I have been listening to french radio a lot too, even though i dont understand much of what they saying but i just let it play so i learn french faster.

Good songs Houston. Some of them sound like bossa nova, i think France has been expanding bossa nova lately.

I didnt expect that to come from you Houston, im impressed (no offense).

French Music

Check out Felipecha. You can type in this group or any other one in this thread on amazon and YouTube and start looking at related artists. It's an easy way to find similar artists

French Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evwcUbnyFJs

Player and all over the place in Lille

French Music

A little hip hop for you guys.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

French Music

Nothing beats Serge Gainsbourg

French Music

Briefly went through the tunes posted in here and I've gotta say the selection posted is pretty weak IMO as far as good French songs of all genres. I'll post some that I consider to be among must listen to in terms of French songs.

PART I: FRENCH RAP - I AM

Before I start, I'd like to clarify that I don't like contemporary rap, as I find it crass and vulgar, specially the bling bling thugs type of rap where the F word and the Nigga this, Nigga that, or Bitch suck my dick are used every 3 words. I prefer more the old school type of rap, where the lyrics were smooth of void of any profanities and sounded more like poetry with deep meaning. I AM, by far the best French rap group, the grandfather of all French rappers, is one such evergreen and eternal rap group. They've been around since the early 90's and are strong and as awesome as ever. Their songs are literal pieces of literal art with deep meanings and life lessons. Almost a mix between poetry and philosophy.

When it comes to French Rap, there's I AM and then the rest. Way below them. They would deserve an entire thread just to list some of their best work. Since I'm short in time, I'm going to limit it to one post and do my best to share what are some of my favourite tunes from them.

The only other French rapper who can be put in the same category of I AM in terms of quality and longevity, is MC Solaar. A true poet. His songs are as beautiful and deep as Voltaire's poetry. I am going to post about Solaar on a separate post as he also is in a category of his own.

When you listen to today's rap and then you listen to these colossus, you can only realize how poor today's rap's lyrics are compared to the very rich, poetry and philosophically deep lyrics of these Legends from the 90's.

First, going to list some of I AM's classic tunes. They have way too many to list in here, but here are some of their all time greatest songs:

I AM - Petit Frère

I AM - L'Empire Du Cote Obscur

I AM - Quand Tu Allais, On Revenait

I AM - La Saga

I AM - L'Ecole Du Micro D'Argent

French Music

Since I could only add 5 videos per post, I had to cut that post in parts.

I AM part II.

I AM - I Am Dangerous

I AM - Demain C'est Loin

I AM - Nee Sous La Meme Etoile

Shurik'n - Samourai (Shurik'n is one of the singers of I AM, this song he did it solo but it's a fantastic one nonetheless).

I AM - Le Mia

Arguably, one OF, if not THE most classic and most emblematic French song of the past 30 years. Even more than 20 years since it was released in 1993, it's still played everywhere, in every party. A MUST in every good party mix! One of my all time top 5 songs of all time! So many incredible memories with this eternal tune! Je Danse Le Mia!

French Music

I AM Part III

I AM - L'Ecole Du Micro D'Argent (Full Album).

The above album is widely considered as THE best French Rap album of all time. It's I AM's best album from 1997. If I were to live the rest of my life on a deserted island and I had to take with me only 5 albums, this would definitely be one of them. It's THAT good! And I am far from being a rap fan! But this album is just out of this world. Specially if you understand the lyrics. Pure poetry!

Going to post about MC Solaar and other types of French genres tomorrow as it's getting late here. Stay tuned!

French Music

Je connais très bien IAM, c'est assez populaire au Québec. MC Solar on m'avait montré quand j'étais en France c'est pas mal.

Du côté de la musique québécoise c'est généralement plus rock/folklorique qui est un style de musique que j'ai toujours aimé

French Music

[Image: blush.gif]

French Music

Natasha St. Pier is one of my favorites - reminds me of childhood road trips all over France.

J'avais Quelqu'un

Lucie

Je Te Souhaite

Chacun Pour Soi

Croire

G

French Music

Stromae - Papaoutai