rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

learning russian

learning russian

One of my Russian friends is teaching me how to speak Russian.

Do you guys have any particular online resources that are easy to use? I almost have the alphabet mastered (it's been about a week), and I'm learning some common words.

Thanks
Hades

learning russian

You might wanna check out the travel forum, it's currently under bombarding with questions about russian language.

learning russian

I speak Russian as a first language. I'd be happy to answer questions.

learning russian

Thanks hendricks
I'm on a droid.
How does the Cyrillic alphabet work in conjunction with the english phonetic style of writing words? Do they use both ways of writing?

learning russian

Quote: (09-10-2012 11:11 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Thanks hendricks
I'm on a droid.
How does the Cyrillic alphabet work in conjunction with the english phonetic style of writing words? Do they use both ways of writing?

I don't understand the question, care to give an example?

learning russian

Compared to English, Russian is a written in a phonetic manner and not the other way around. In most cases you will pronounce the word as you would phonetically read it. It takes some practice to master the palatalization of consonants but beyond that there aren't too many exceptions compared to English.

learning russian

See travel forum. Lots of threads on this.