rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kabul, Afghanistan

Kabul, Afghanistan

So, I'm finally going to travel there in the near future. I actually bought the Lonely planet guide in 2008 and was going to go then, but the Pakistan border was shut down and screwed up my travel plans.
I love Afghan history and always wanted to visit.

It will be a dangerous siege indeed - but I can't find the info I need. Nightlife in Kabul exists, but info online is almost impossible to find. I figure some fellow RVF swagabonds might know the score.

Does anyone know any places to drink/party in Kabul?

Ps - Please spare me the "don't go there, it's dangerous" crap. I know the risks involved.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Naughty you have been everywhere in the world. Only people who would tell you it's dangerous is the new members. All I know is my boy told me they killed a tibesman daughter because she slept with a soldier. Out here in Kuwait, we stay away from the locals. I dont know the laws but the soldiers, contractors just run through the pinays. Which on a side note, we are getting rid of in October haha. They cost too much so I think we are getting more Indians and Sri Lanka workers. I wonder how much they made.

Point is you've been to more dangerous places than Kabul. Hope you find some nightlife out there. Whenever I think of Afghanis I think of Indian women, they lock up the pussy till they get married. I wonder if thats true. You will find out haha

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Kabul, Afghanistan

I was in Afg a while back and never got to Kabul. You'll see plenty of Western women, but as far as locals I have no clue. If you can pull that off without a homicide occurring you will be elevated to LEGENDARY status. Iraqi, and Middle Eastern broads have pretty creative ways to slide you their info and hook up with you, but Afghan women (that I've seen) were never in public without being in the presence of men from their family. They can't even ride in a cab alone with a male. They literally, no shit, ride in the open trunk. Good luck getting the Afghan flag.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Kabul, Afghanistan

"but Afghan women (that I've seen) were never in public without being in the presence of men from their family. They can't even ride in a cab alone with a male. They literally, no shit, ride in the open trunk. Good luck getting the Afghan flag"

Yep, just as Vinman noted that is exactly true. You will not be able to isolate any Afghan women besides possibly the foreigners who work for different NGO's like mine. Even then you will most likely get a foreigner from Europe or USA/Canada, etc. which is not much of a flag. If you could get a real Afghan girl (P4P does not count) then you will be elevated to legendary status indeed. That one flag has got to be worth at least 10 flags.

On an important note, are you preparing for this trip by studying Dari Persian language at all?

Kabul, Afghanistan

Yes, I'll be studying Dari, but I'm not deluding myself. An Afghan flag is not going to happen. I just wanna know where I can get a drink and drown my sexual frustration.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Damn! The "Indiana Jones" of poon is about to outdo himself again.

Kabul, Afghanistan

NN,

Unfortunately I can't answer your question re: drinking spots. Just wanted to recommend this persian phrase book/dictionary. I can vouch that it's very on point, well-organized, cheap and fits in your pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Lonely-Planet-Fars...hrase+book

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-15-2012 09:38 AM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

So, I'm finally going to travel there in the near future. I actually bought the Lonely planet guide in 2008 and was going to go then, but the Pakistan border was shut down and screwed up my travel plans.
I love Afghan history and always wanted to visit.

It will be a dangerous siege indeed - but I can't find the info I need. Nightlife in Kabul exists, but info online is almost impossible to find. I figure some fellow RVF swagabonds might know the score.

Does anyone know any places to drink/party in Kabul?

Ps - Please spare me the "don't go there, it's dangerous" crap. I know the risks involved.

I know Rick Steves has some info about Afghanistan, including an interview he did with a gay dude who went there to find dudes and had a good time.

Besides that, I know they have pretty good raisins...very sweet, small, black.

Best of luck, sounds like a great trip

Kabul, Afghanistan

Can't help with the current venues, but I just want to add that the first Flashman novel is a fun, easy read and a good portion of it takes place in and around Kabul during the first Anglo-Afghan war. Flashman pulls the local Afghan birds in Kabul and elsewhere; maybe there's a nugget or two of useful pickup wisdom in there for you. Actually, his (fictional) adventures sound similar to what yours might have been like 150+ years ago.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Kabul, Afghanistan

I'm pretty sure some chick and guy got stoned to death in Afghanistan..

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-16-2012 03:19 AM)esperar Wrote:  

And?

Kabul, Afghanistan

NN I do not know what's your drive behind a trip to Kabul, Afgan Flag ? or did you mention else where working with a NGO ?

IF you are after an Afghan Flag..... Better go to Pakistan , Lots of Liberal Afghans flee Afghanistan and go to Pakistan, You can find the liberal ones in Islamabad (Pakistan's Capital), Liberal Afghan girls can be real boner inducing IMO ....

There is a saying back home " Pushtoons(Some Afghans) are either really conservative or really Liberal" There is no in between. Your goal should be to find the niche where liberal Afghan Girls hang out....., Diplomatic Social Circle, etc, etc

Happy Hunting NN....

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-16-2012 09:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (07-16-2012 03:19 AM)esperar Wrote:  

And?

I wouldn't want to try to score poon in the country where two people got stoned to death for fucking each other. Maybe I'm being a pussy, but I'd steer well clear of that hole.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Frankly, going to Afghanistan to fuck women has got to be the world's biggest wastes of time IMO, going there for adventure and to experience the landscapes, culture, and sites would be a more worthwhile pursuit.

I know the Taliban is "officially" out, but from what I understand virtually all women where a burqa that covers their entire face and body with only a slight "window" at the eyes for them to see. As someone mentioned there will probably be almost no single women out, without a husband or male relative.

Afghanistan and the Pashtun ethnic group are extremely violent (from what I hear), lots of men walk around armed (often with AK-47s), and it's a lawless place. I don't want to be a fear monger, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that a guy could be shot and killed for talking to the "wrong woman".

On top of that, I'm quite sure that alcohol is illegal there, although I'm sure it's available, who knows what the penalties would be if one was caught with it. Hashish and opium on the other hand are probably abundant, extremely high quality, and extremely easy to procure.

All in all, Afghanistan would be an incredibly fascinating and interesting country to visit, but all the negative factors lead me to think that it's not really a place for a westerner to visit, especially one that wants to party and get laid.

My 2 cents.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Got to use that Embassy/Green zone game haha. Brits and Canadians will be your targets. I don't know if we still have Polish, Aussies or German there though. I know we break down Afghan into 4 sectors and I believe we still run shit in the south because Kandahar is off the chain. Alot of shit have been poppin off lately down there. I had a buddy in Mortuary affairs. Kabul may be the Brits sector. I forget the actual breakdown. US, Brits, Nato, and Afghan all had sectors as of last year I believe. Afghan got the safest of course, US got the most active, then Brits, and NATO. Hopefully Kabul is a NATO zone.

In Iraq alochol was illegal but downtown baghdad have watering holes that dipolmats hitup. How or why idk. The locals in the early days sold us the shit haha. Happy hunting.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Kabul, Afghanistan

I actually spent two nights in Kabal as a tourist last year. It isn't exactly like the media portrays. The economy is actually booming (given the situation at least) and there is construction everywhere. You don't see bombed out buildings really. There actually are a bunch of restaurants, grocery stores, gyms, and a few shopping malls even.

Sure, the entire city still resembles a war zone with major blast walls protecting all embassies and government buildings. There are Afghan troops and police patrolling everywhere with machine guns. You occasionally still see US troops in convoys and there are tons of helicopters everywhere.

Since there is a relatively large expat population it is possible to "party" - you just need to find some expat contacts. They all have house parties on the weekends and people bring alcohol even. I suggest finding French people as they seem to enjoy themselves in shitholes the most. You may want to contact your embassy and ask about social events.

If you want local women, then I suggest you check the LP guide for where the market areas are. Buy some local clothing first cause if you dress in western gear you will definitely stand out. Since NaughtyNomad has dark hair it's possible that in local clothing people might not pay him too much attention.

So in these market areas is it not 100% women in burkas. Maybe 50% have full burkas where they even cover the entire face. Then like probably 40% are in burkas that leave the face open. Then there are maybe 10% including some teenage girls who wear no burkas. Like a loose fitting dress, but the full face shows. So there is a chance at least technically for finding some non-burka local chicks in Kabul.

Another good place is at the airport. Basically once you leave the terminal you cross this park for security reasons and then you can get a taxi into town. In that area near the taxi just hang out cause there is where all the expats and richer locals will be waiting for their flight or to be picked up for the ride into town. I actually had to wait there a couple hours and it was interesting. Didn't see any hotties, but I actually had one Afghan girl on my flight from Tajikistan who was wearing jeans and a tank top. When she got to the airport I noticed she had changed and put a burka over her clothing.

You should also check out the fancy shopping malls I mentioned above. I was there during Ramadan so sadly these places were closed mostly, but I imagine in non-Ramadan times they are busy with rich locals. There is a LOT of money running around Kabul, not sure if it is just drug money or all the NGO money coming in and some locals are just making a killing off it. Needless to say, where there is money they'll be pussy. You just have to find it without getting assassinated. Good luck, and check out the Babur Gardens, they have been fully renovated very nicely and you won't believe you are in a war zone

Kabul, Afghanistan

Re: Hotels. Check out the LP message board as you'll have some people recommend hotels. Basically you have this area called Chicken Street that use to be the hippie tourist hang out back in the 70's before the country went to hell.

I stayed at a pretty nice hotel there for about 30 bucks a night. It had BLAZING fast wifi, clean bed, decent toilet, and cable TV. Each evening a butler came to my door with hot tea and biscuits.

Check the security at whatever hotel you stay at as the Taliban often storms hotels to kill foreigners. The hotel I had didn't have blast walls, but it was set back from the street and it was big enough that I figured I could just hide if it got stormed (and hope for the best but expect to get killed).

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-16-2012 12:11 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Frankly, going to Afghanistan to fuck women has got to be the world's biggest wastes of time IMO, going there for adventure and to experience the landscapes, culture, and sites would be a more worthwhile pursuit.

I know the Taliban is "officially" out, but from what I understand virtually all women where a burqa that covers their entire face and body with only a slight "window" at the eyes for them to see. As someone mentioned there will probably be almost no single women out, without a husband or male relative.

Afghanistan and the Pashtun ethnic group are extremely violent (from what I hear), lots of men walk around armed (often with AK-47s), and it's a lawless place. I don't want to be a fear monger, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that a guy could be shot and killed for talking to the "wrong woman".

On top of that, I'm quite sure that alcohol is illegal there, although I'm sure it's available, who knows what the penalties would be if one was caught with it. Hashish and opium on the other hand are probably abundant, extremely high quality, and extremely easy to procure.

All in all, Afghanistan would be an incredibly fascinating and interesting country to visit, but all the negative factors lead me to think that it's not really a place for a westerner to visit, especially one that wants to party and get laid.

My 2 cents.

I wholeheartedly agree. Why even go to a place like that period? It sounds like Hell on Earth if you ask me.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-17-2012 12:27 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I wholeheartedly agree. Why even go to a place like that period? It sounds like Hell on Earth if you ask me.

True, it is not paradise but why do you think it is "Hell on Earth"? Because of the BS reporting in the US news media right? You really have to take the US media reporting of ANY place in the world with a grain of salt. They just portray everything in the extreme and you never get a proper perspective of what really is going on. I was SHOCKED that there is so much construction in Kabul, that you rarely see bombed out buildings, and that women don't 100% all wear full facial burkas. You never would learn about that in the US news media.

Kabul, Afghanistan

No. My "Hell on Earth" comment has nothing to do with media. I've been to many so-called danger zones, most notably Syria last year after the Arab Spring was already underway. I just don't see the point of wasting my hard-earned money to go to a country where I can't fuck bitches or easily duck into a bar and enjoy a drink. That's just a waste of time. Hell on Earth.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Life isn't all about bitches an beer
Some people just want to watch the world burn

I am the cock carousel

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-17-2012 01:36 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Yeah, there is enough time to do both: go to places where you can bang chicks and also visit danger zones and risk getting killed. Spending a few days or even a week in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc. is okay - staying there for months is stupid.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Quote: (07-17-2012 01:47 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

Yeah, there is enough time to do both: go to places where you can bang chicks and also visit danger zones and risk getting killed. Spending a few days or even a week in Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, etc. is okay - staying there for months is stupid.

Why would you want to "visit danger zones and risk getting killed"?, that doesn't make any sense to me.

If you want a rush why don't you try sky diving or rock climbing, if you like feeling danger there's no need to go to Afghanistan, just swing through East Oakland at 2 AM or where ever your local ghetto happens to be.

To go to Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan because you are interested in the history, culture, nature, and historical sites would make more sense to me, but to each there own I guess.

Kabul, Afghanistan

I have to agree with this. Some places are fascinating in their own right. Maybe seeing this Afghanistan in transition is a once in a lifetime chance and some people want to be there to witness at least some part of it. It has a very old culture, some amazing natural scenery and it certainly earns you a ballsy traveler badge. I can see the draw, though I won't be showing up myself anytime soon.

Kabul, Afghanistan

Well I guess just about everyone here straight up didnt read naughtynomads post.

he said...
spare the, dont go it's dangerous talk....and said he loves the history.

I am the cock carousel