rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting "known" in a town

I day game using the pet store line in the same park each day.

Lately, I've had a few girls giggle at my approaches and overheard some talk about me and the pet store line.

I know Deb has developed some notoriety in Lvov, but I haven't even gotten a bang in my mid size former Soviet town yet. I need to change up my routine.

What do you guys do to rotate locations, pickup lines, etc? Perhaps, more asking directions or advice about what to do in town. As for locations, I'm thinking more stores and other parks in town.

Tomorrow's my birthday and my gift to myself is spending 5 hours on day game!

I'm pretty good on this for longer stays. Hit the streets HARD initially to find the best venues. Look for places to hit for the morning, afternoon, and night. Coffee shops, cafes, eating places, clubs, ect. Plan your route on the public transport, as it may lead to closes. Some venues you'll want to hit everyday, some every other one.

A good way to get known is to elderly chat with local dudes, specifically ones that work in the venues. Once they get to know you, and the girls see the interaction, they'll warm up quicker. Getting social proofed by the local dudes isn't something to ignore.

Also, change up your routines. Using the same lines in the same venues is gonna get you known, but not the way you want. I skimmed through Day Bang, and Roosh gave a lot of good examples for different venues.

In Day Bang, Roosh advises against trying your early game attempts close to where you live, since you'll make most of your mistakes early in the process of learning. Get out of your neighborhood.

Go hang out somewhere else for a few weeks. Your current ground is hunted out, you need to leave it alone so it can replenish itself for a while.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (07-12-2012 01:51 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

In Day Bang, Roosh advises against trying your early game attempts close to where you live, since you'll make most of your mistakes early in the process of learning. Get out of your neighborhood.

Go hang out somewhere else for a few weeks. Your current ground is hunted out, you need to leave it alone so it can replenish itself for a while.

Yeah, makes sense.

Also, perhaps I should try some different lines?
I like the pet shop one, but I've worn it out. I thought once I had a decent location and line I could just repeat it forever until I met somone...guess my city is too small for that.

Maybe some situational openers would work?(ex is this the place they hold concerts each year? do you know when the next festival is coming up?)

Also, since its my birthday, I'll try that out as an opener and ask about cool things to do.
Any lines that you recommend will work in Ukraine/ FSU?

Lubis podarki is the ultimate line for FSU.In one month maximum you become known to girls you have never met so it is time to change city.

Quote: (07-13-2012 02:29 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Lubis podarki is the ultimate line for FSU.In one month maximum you become known to girls you have never met so it is time to change city.

Lubis podarki means "do you like gifts".
I thought about getting myself a "gift" girl/P4P
as a birthday present, but I hold out hope I can get a regular girl with more time and effort on my part. So, I've got more daygame to do

delete

I am known in my city by reputation, a bad one, or good as it turns out. The girls hear that I've shagged many girls and they want a slice of the action too

you know what, I just tried a "don't give a fuck" attitude and basically said I came to town because I like the women and want to stay long term. Worked well enough.

[Image: icon_lol.gif]

That's a GOOD reputation.

A bad one is when you're known for just being "awkward" hitting on everything that walks. Once you're known as the playboy, more come and by the masses.

Quote: (07-13-2012 03:36 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I am known in my city by reputation, a bad one, or good as it turns out. The girls hear that I've shagged many girls and they want a slice of the action too

Aren't you supposed to hit on everything that walks? How else do you improve if not by opening tons of sets?

I'm pretty sure I've become "known" in my town amongst the Korean exchange student population and the Japanese students at the local music accademy, which turned out to be much smaller and more tightly nit than I had expected.

The problem with this type of sets and "approach approach approach" is the following.

1. People take shit on here wayyy too literal. While I say yes talk to 10 girls a day on weekends what people don't get is I mean in different locations for young men at game. Think about it. If you can't get to a makeout or a close you're just some tool who walks into the same venue striking out left and right. Just look like a loser. Nothing is creepier than the guy who walks around a park every day same place same time talking to every girl. Let's compare this to something you should be doing.

For your specific situation, you should NEVER use the pet shop line again. You look crazy now, whose this guy asking everyone the same question? Didnt he find one, he must be mentally ill, that's a BAD reputation. You want a Positive reputation! Use the petshop line somewhere else.

Park, 2 opens, leave if you don't get anything new venue 2 say a mall 2 miles away 4 opens, new venue 2 opens, new venue 2 opens.

Unless you are already good you shouldn't just be the creepy guy talking to every girl in the same place all the time. If however you are pulling like a mad man, yeah you go back and you get a "bad" rep ie: a good one.

When you get good you can return to the same spot and girls will start openin you "I hear you come here all the time to get with the girls...". Versus I hear you're his dude who does terribly over and over. One is a spiral up the other is a spiral down.

2. Veteran game and beginner game are so different it's not even funny. When you're real good, you're always locked in. When you're beginning you've got no momentum. It's almost like when you're a beginner the way you get momentum is being crazy spontaneous creating a "hurricane" effect where you move around bar, bar, club, day game, bar, mall, street fair, club, bar. Thats just in a day. You have no idea where your fishbowl is so you run around until you get that first slay then you stay and build off that for more play...

Hope that helps!

Quote: (07-13-2012 10:20 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Aren't you supposed to hit on everything that walks? How else do you improve if not by opening tons of sets?

In a bigger city you can do this no problem and it's unlikely that you will get a reputation but in a smaller city if you go to the same place and ask the same question all the time and you're not getting any success that can add up to a bad reputation.

What is this pet shop opener? You're asking where the local pet shop is?

I could see why the girls might find this funny if you're going to the same park every day and asking where the pet shop is.

An opener I like which is very easy and can provide good intel about a place is:

Excuse me can I ask you a question?
I'm new in town and I was wondering what are the cool places to go out at night?

With this question you're straight onto talking about going out and you've let them know you're from out of town. If they start to like you it's pretty normal they'll ask you where you're from and as you're talking about places to go out it's easy to move onto well why don't we grab a drink at this cool place you've recommended.

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:16 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

You look crazy now, whose this guy asking everyone the same question? Didnt he find one, he must be mentally ill, that's a BAD reputation.

You want a Positive reputation! Use the petshop line somewhere else.

I laughed out loud at this.

Yes, your advice is spot on. Thank you.

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:17 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

An opener I like which is very easy and can provide good intel about a place is:

I'm new in town and I was wondering what are the cool places to go out at night?

Yes, excellent advice. I will use this line.

Ha you want to have fun? One up them even more!

Walk into that same park with an ACTUAL puppy. Yeah that's right go get a dog for a day, bribe a real pet shop.

Now they look over "wtf was he serious?!". Now you're back to a chance at normalcy! I can almost guarantee you will be opened if u walk back through that same part with a cute puppy after failing 80x with the pet shop line. Problem is your game better be tight, and mega playful.

Be bold!

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:54 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:16 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

You look crazy now, whose this guy asking everyone the same question? Didnt he find one, he must be mentally ill, that's a BAD reputation.

You want a Positive reputation! Use the petshop line somewhere else.

I laughed out loud at this.

Yes, your advice is spot on. Thank you.

Quote: (07-13-2012 11:17 AM)Jalouse Wrote:  

Yes, excellent advice. I will use this line.

yeah but you only fuck 9's so the numbers still gotta be small. I mean, how many 9-10's can be in one city?

Quote: (07-13-2012 02:37 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

yeah but. you only fuck 9's so the numbers still gotta be small. I mean, how many 9-10's can be in one city?
[Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

If you get a reputation that you turn them golden by a touch of your hand aka Midas girls will storm at you.Otherwise they will view you as an annoyace who promises marriage but does not deliver.

The mysterious outsider who comes in and swoops many local girls is a good reputation to have.

The creepy foreigner who asks every girl he sees where he can buy a cat is not a good reputation to have.

It sounds like you're developing the latter, so you need to fix that asap.

Edit: I see a couple others have pointed this out as well.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (07-14-2012 03:18 AM)Soma Wrote:  

The mysterious outsider who comes in and swoops many local girls is a good reputation to have.

The creepy foreigner who asks every girl he sees where he can buy a cat is not a good reputation to have.

It sounds like you're developing the latter, so you need to fix that asap.

Edit: I see a couple others have pointed this out as well.

Hello, where can I buy a cat?

Yes, I can see that being weird.

thats why you go to a BIG city for mass daygame. at least 1 million population, better two.
and change venues all the time. dont hit the same spot daily.

last time i was daygaming hard in prague i hit on a chick and it turned out i had already been on a date with her a couple of weeks before. didnt even recognize her.

in my hometown of 300k i managed to hit on the same chick 3 times over a couple of weeks, always exact same opener.

problem gets worse if you have a shit memory for names and faces, like me.

I've noticed that he more direct and canned your approaches are, the more conspicuous it will be and the more notoriety you'll get.

If however, you're simply a friendly, open, and talkative guy who enjoys chatting with strangers then most people won't give a shit

I think that when done right, approaching a lot in the same venue isn't that bad. There are basically two types of approaches I used to do that I've realised have the worst effect in small towns or single venues, and they are almost guaranteed to earn you a reputation as "that guy". These are.

a.) Being too direct i.e. using Sasha Daygame types of approaches.

b.) Repetitive use of canned openers e.g. "Hi, can you tell me where Joe's coffee shop is?"..."Hi can you tell me where Joe's coffee shop is?"..."Hi, can you tell me where Joe's coffee shop is?" ad nausium.

I've learned that if you simply use different situational openers, remain subtle, laid back, and act like you're just having a friendly conversation, most people won't really give a shit.

Example 1: I'm waiting at a bus stop outside a café/bookstore I frequent. I see a cute girl who just walked out of said café...sit down next to her...ask for the time...then glance over at the paper she's reading and ask "Is that law you're studying?"

Example 2: I'm in the same café, and see a girl with some drink or smoothy I've never seen before, and ask what it's called and how it tastes...notice she has an accent and ask where she's from. If she's relatively open and in a good mood, she'll be fine with having a conversation. After that, I try to avoid using the "what drink is that?" line.

I've noticed some openers can be used more often if it seems plausible that you would use them. If done right, you'll just be noticed as the friendly...talkative person rather than "that guy". Even if a previous girl you hit on sees you talking to another girl, it still won't seem very copnspicuous.

EDIT:

Also, as said above, mass approaches (i.e. approaching everything that moves) only seems to work in a big city environment, and I believe that was the main thing that contributed to my becoming "known" among certain social circles. I a city of no more than a few 100 k, it is best to run "sniper game", as I seem to remember Roosh calling it. This means find a spot, lie low, and wait for girls to get in range (admittedly, this is probably best done in the stages after first starting out, and certainly not if you're still struggling with approach anxiety; if you're still dealing with anxiety issues while approaching girls, this type of tactic will probably just result in procrastination).

Quote: (07-13-2012 02:05 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Also, perhaps I should try some different lines?
I like the pet shop one, but I've worn it out. I thought once I had a decent location and line I could just repeat it forever until I met somone...guess my city is too small for that.

Maybe some situational openers would work?(ex is this the place they hold concerts each year? do you know when the next festival is coming up?)

ok since here's my little simple innocent step by step method that will never get you a bad rep

principles:
- stay in one location for short period of time like WestCoast mentioned
- be empathic. street approach is maybe normal to you but not to the girl. be forgiving. make her comfortable talking to a stranger and let her warm up for few seconds.
- "let's see if she's cool" frame wins. you talk to a girl because you want to see who she is, you have no expectations, you can end it at any point, your goal is mutual attraction (not pity phone number). with that attitude all the right things are subcommunicated with every little things you say/do. the way i see it is like.. casual curiosity > personal interest > excitement > sexual turn on

step by step:

the approach
basically use the moment as material for an opener. there's always something, from their clothes, to their smile. situational stuff only. go up and let them know that you talk to them out of curiosity because something about them suddenly caught your attention. so make it about the girl. at no point should a girl feel that what you say is totally impersonal or somehow pre-planned. it means approaching with commenting something specific about the girl or asking question about something about her you noticed. but nothing sleazy and sexual. a comment about her eyes is not sexual. she needs to feel comfortable first to be interested later.

1st ex:
you: hey.. are you brazilian? [curiosity & something personal about her]
if she says: yes
you: that's cool, i love brazilian girls's temper, i find it very exciting blablba [interest]
if she says no:
you: thank god, i dated once brazilian girl, i actually hoped you're not one, so where you're from you have this feminine look blablaba.. [interest and compliment]

2nd ex:
you: i wouldn't eat that it looks awful [curiosity]
her: yeah i know but i'm hungry
you: are you one of these tall slim girls who can eat and eat shit food and never get fat? [interest]
her: i don't know i never thought about it..
you: i love you already : ) i knew few girls like that and always stay fit it's amazing [flirt]
her: hahaha blabla

leading
the convo progresses. from now on you simply work off of whatever the girl gives you. use whatever she responds with to make another comment/statement/question. keep it light. it started from slight curiosity and now it escalates to expressing interest (or not). she feels you carry on the interaction because you like what she says not cause you're sold on her already. it's natural, you like her you move forward. she's lame you leave.

number
when it goes well and you want her number make it relevant. take her number because it has something to do with what you're talking about now. so first let her talk about what she likes to do in free time and suggest you both should go this someday and then exchange numbers. it's effective cause she feels there is a valid reason behind it (beyond sex).

doing it this way you won't be labelled as 'that guy' who asks the same shit over and over again plenty of women. frankly, notice that the true pickup doesn't really start until you express your interest somehow. asking a girl about directions etc the convo is very flat, there's no spark, nothing. even though every girl know why a random guy starts talking to her, the man-women communication is not set, it's not official. we can't expect a girl to be eager to meet us again just because we talked about her dress the whole time without letting her know we like her, directly or indirectly.

i think better question is 'what is your sexlife?' hundreds of flaky phone numbers or meaningless interactions is not really a sign of improvement in my books. i prefer more pragmatic approach. quality > quantity.

if i meet only 6 hot girls during whole weekend, have chemistry with 2 of them and they're cool hot feminine nymphos, i'm happy. and then when i go out next time, even though that's only 2 hotties in my life, my nuts are empty so i screen super hard. this way by screening i spend most of my time with my type of girls (cute tall feminine) instead of interacting with many many girls i don't really like. time management for the win.

therefore statistics/batting average/closing ratios are irrelevant to me and frankly very misleading in my case because on paper it looks like i close like a motherfucker but that's the result of me screening hard from the get go so when i focus on a girl it's highly probably we will bang

Ok, so a smaller quantity of quality approaches.
Now that I'm past approach anxiety its time to focus on quality.

I'm not where I want to be yet but I'm really excited because I see myself making real progress and getting good advice here.