rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

European Summer 2012

European Summer 2012

So the summer is upon us. I wanted to create a thread where we can talk about our European plans in order to share notes or plan for meet ups. Anyone traveling through Europe this summer?

Right now I'm working on pre-July locations in cities, but come July I will be at the beach. A lot of good ideas were shared in this thread. I'm looking specifically around Croatia and Montenegro.

I've also started studying Spanish again, so I wouldn't mind a 2 week detour in Spain to bone up on my skills (relevant thread about Spanish beaches). This summer will wrap up my European journey.

European Summer 2012

I'm really up in the air. I am taking a 4-6 week journey outside of the US, because work is light and what needs to be handled I can do with internet. Original plan was to go to Russia, take classes there to learn the language. BUT...

I was presented with the opportunity of house sitting a beach-side condo in Tel-Aviv. I don't think I can pass that up. So I'll likely start there, then end up somewhere to in Southern Europe, just have no idea where. Bulgaria sounded nice from K-man's thread. I'm open to all suggestions. I really wanted to hit the EE or something of that nature, but I'd be an idiot to pass up the free beach condo...right?

European Summer 2012

I've been planning a long quest across South America for the past month -following your ways man. I've been around Europe already but with a g/f so I don't have much to contribute yet. But definitely transitioning my lifestyle right now for extended global travels.

European Summer 2012

Maybe Stockholm for a week although part of me thinks thats the easy option. Also need to pop back to Poland because I promised (Beta move), might sneak a weekend in Czech republic somewhere. Very tempted by one of the Greek islands that Kamaki has spoken about. Not sure which one is best for me.. need to re-read all the resource's. Feel free to give me a solid place to go in Greece or Turkey.

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-15-2012 05:19 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

So the summer is upon us. I wanted to create a thread where we can talk about our European plans in order to share notes or plan for meet ups. Anyone traveling through Europe this summer?

Right now I'm working on pre-July locations in cities, but come July I will be at the beach. A lot of good ideas were shared in this thread. I'm looking specifically around Croatia and Montenegro.

I've also started studying Spanish again, so I wouldn't mind a 2 week detour in Spain to bone up on my skills (relevant thread about Spanish beaches). This summer will wrap up my European journey.

I will be in South America this summer, but if I had the opportunity I would head to a Balkan or a Greek resort. When I was in my 20s and my game and budget werent so good, I loved spending the summers in the greek islands. It was relatively cheap in those times,too.
Roosh, does brushing up and practicing your Spanish mean that next year you might be headed to Mexico, Central America or the Domican Republic? Or back to Colombia to try a 2nd tier city? Or just maybe to Argentina to slay that monster once and for all.

European Summer 2012

I will be in Eastern Europe this June, July, August.

The tentative plan is to fly into Belgrade mid June (for a 1st look - never been there), then overland either through Romania or Hungary towards Ukraine.

I'm considering a stop over in Chisinau, Moldova. I transited through Chisinau (3 hours) last year, but after reading some stuff on here, thinking I should take a closer look this time.

My main focus will be Ukraine and Russia. Wanting to spend some time in Eastern Ukraine, then Volgograd and/or Samara in Russia, then Moscow and St Peterburg.

Last stop, Lithuania.

The trick is to fit it all in while spending long enough in some places for effective game. So many possibilities, so little time.

Last year I did Istanbul > Sunny Beach > Varna > Bucharest > Chisinau > Odessa > Kiev > Lviv > Krakow > Gdansk > Vilniaus > Riga > Talinn > Helsinki, all in 2 months.
This year the plan is to try and spend longer time in less places.

It will be good to meet up with any guys who are in the same towns.
Last month I met Cr33pin in Davao and several of the guys at the meet up in Bangkok.

Any suggestions, based on personal experience, re good short stay apartments in Ukraine and Russian cities will be much appreciated.

European Summer 2012

Croatia and Montenegro is a decent idea In Croatia, i've only been to Split and Dubrovnik, not to the islands.Will be lots of women from all over the place. In Montenegro,the nightlife is pretty much all in Budva

I'm still undecided, either going to be Black Sea(Odessa, Crimea, Bulgaria) or Greek Islands

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-15-2012 05:30 PM)slubu Wrote:  

I was presented with the opportunity of house sitting a beach-side condo in Tel-Aviv. I don't think I can pass that up.

And why not? How expensive is Tel-Aviv otherwise? If you're paying $10 beers, $30 club covers, and not getting laid, isn't it better to go to a place with $2 beers, $5 club covers, and hordes of horny girls, even though you would have to pay for your accommodation?

Not hating on Tel Aviv, could be a cool place. I don't know much about it. Just pointing out a flaw in your logic.
However, the israeli guys are real dogs, I've seen many Israeli guys at the beach and they approach like mad. Very horny and motivated. You'd have some tough competition.

European Summer 2012

I had planned to goto Poland this week but it fell thru because of work.

I will most likely take a 1 week break in the 1st week of August to explore Split and the nearby islands.

This will be followed by a 1 week getaway in late September to either Estonia or Ukraine. Will start pipelining for that in the next couple of weeks.

European Summer 2012

Roosh, try Saint Tropez in July. You'll find the hottest woman & greatest nightlife during July & partly August. When hitting Spain, go to Marbella.

I would skip most of the Costa Brava coast in Spain as it's full of drunk English & Germans & ugly people overall (camping types). Barcelona is a great city, but as everyone will travel, you'll get stuck with tourists & not as many locals.

Ibiza is a great option to! Seen as the party island in the world. You'll find lots of hot woman from around the world.

I'll be spending July in Saint Tropez & flying to Colombia in August. Flying back to Brazil in September.

European Summer 2012

I'll be spending it back at home after my 5 month stint in Thailand. I tend to spend the winters abroad and the summers at home.

European Summer 2012

this is the worst advice I have ever read.

Quote: (05-16-2012 03:12 AM)GiovanniRio Wrote:  

Roosh, try Saint Tropez in July. You'll find the hottest woman & greatest nightlife during July & partly August. When hitting Spain, go to Marbella.

I would skip most of the Costa Brava coast in Spain as it's full of drunk English & Germans & ugly people overall (camping types). Barcelona is a great city, but as everyone will travel, you'll get stuck with tourists & not as many locals.

Ibiza is a great option to! Seen as the party island in the world. You'll find lots of hot woman from around the world.

I'll be spending July in Saint Tropez & flying to Colombia in August. Flying back to Brazil in September.

European Summer 2012

Does anyone know if the shitty greek economy means that prices have actually gone done on transport and accomodation or are they still stupidly high for a country that is basically already bankrupt

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-15-2012 05:19 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I remember reading your less than glowing trip report to Sopot, Poland. Be warned, many of the Balkan seaside resort's nightlife are similar to it.

If I were you, I'd consider the Bulgarian black sea coast or Croatia. You should know that Bulgarian women, while not the prettiest, are the most feminine in the Balkans. As for montenegro, everyone in serbia has told me it's not the place to go to anymore.

European Summer 2012

Will be in Abkhazia and Georgia in the second week of July,heard great things about both places. Then back home for a few days and on to Nice.

I'm planning on popping down to St.Tropez for a night out or two in late July after you bigged the place up on my 'Nice' data sheet. Will be good to meet up for a drink if we're in town at the same time.

European Summer 2012

If you want to go to Swe I say that you should do it early. Catch everyone in their pre-vacation buzz.

Personally I'm going to hang in Bellagio (the Italian in Lombardy not the one in Vegas).

European Summer 2012

BC: Yeah there isn't much buzz on Montenegro.

Quote:Quote:

Roosh, does brushing up and practicing your Spanish mean that next year you might be headed to Mexico, Central America or the Domican Republic? Or back to Colombia to try a 2nd tier city? Or just maybe to Argentina to slay that monster once and for all.

I'm scheduling about 6 months for Latin America, so I'm looking at both new and old.

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-16-2012 07:30 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

BC: Yeah there isn't much buzz on Montenegro.

Quote:Quote:

I'm scheduling about 6 months for Latin America, so I'm looking at both new and old.

In your travels, have you found a place or places you could imagine yourself settling in? I think about this constantly when I am in a foreign place. Are you experiencing any discomfort picking up and moving from one foreign country to another, or is each transition a welcome change? I have resolved not to return home myself so I feel like I am constantly in search of "my final resting place."

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-16-2012 02:27 AM)K-man Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2012 05:30 PM)slubu Wrote:  

I was presented with the opportunity of house sitting a beach-side condo in Tel-Aviv. I don't think I can pass that up.

And why not? How expensive is Tel-Aviv otherwise? If you're paying $10 beers, $30 club covers, and not getting laid, isn't it better to go to a place with $2 beers, $5 club covers, and hordes of horny girls, even though you would have to pay for your accommodation?

Not hating on Tel Aviv, could be a cool place. I don't know much about it. Just pointing out a flaw in your logic.
However, the israeli guys are real dogs, I've seen many Israeli guys at the beach and they approach like mad. Very horny and motivated. You'd have some tough competition.

Don't know much about Tel Aviv, so not sure how expensive it is. I do understand what you are saying though, housing is not the only factor in terms of economics.

Where are you referring to with $2 beers, $5 covers and the hordes of horny girls?

European Summer 2012

A quick search on Expatistan confirms that Tel Aviv at least, is pretty fucking expensive

European Summer 2012

I'll be working in Madrid and saving every euro I get, as I want to get the hell out of this country. In autumn, however, there's the possibility I'll move to Belarus.

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-16-2012 06:04 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Will be in Abkhazia and Georgia in the second week of July,heard great things about both places. Then back home for a few days and on to Nice.

I'm planning on popping down to St.Tropez for a night out or two in late July after you bigged the place up on my 'Nice' data sheet. Will be good to meet up for a drink if we're in town at the same time.

Great. I should be in Saint Tropez until end of July. Pm me when you get a little closer to your travel.

European Summer 2012

Quote: (05-16-2012 12:01 PM)GiovanniRio Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2012 06:04 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Great. I should be in Saint Tropez until end of July. Pm me when you get a little closer to your travel.

Ok tell me why st tropez is so great? CAn you bust out a data sheet? I have be sworn off this place like the plague. Gold diggers, Sky high prices, arrogant french people... I go to the south of France every year, I want you to tell me honestly what the chances of hooking up in st topez are if I don't have a yacht parked up outside the hottest club in town?

We make money, money we spending
Get mad honey, swimming and women
Imported linen, Egyptian cotton
The party just started, the party ain't stoppin'
Keep shit poppin', poppin' these bottles
Haters keep hatin', fuckin' these models
So much money like we own the lotto
Pull up to a club in a white Murcielago
He don't make dollars, he don't make cents
He don't make you rich, he don't mean shit
Shit... we the shit.. I mean how much better can it get?
Harleys, Maserati, Gallardoes, we make too much dough
And we spend it all day... Welcome to St-Tropez

Need I say more?

European Summer 2012

In France the Atlantic coast has much better places to spend a week or two during the summer than the Cote d'Azur imho. Even looks wise I find that Atlantic towns have more young, fresh girls while in the South you'll mainly see spoilt attention whores.

Personnally I only occasionally go to Saint Tropez because I have family there. People are terribly cliquish and local non tourist girls aren't any hotter than in the rest of the country.

I'm actually preparing a thorough data sheet on the beach towns north of the Pays Basque and Aquitaine (ie towns located in the Poitou-Charentes and Pays de la Loire regions). I will post it here within two or three weeks once I will have updated my knowledge on the field [Image: smile.gif]

European Summer 2012

I'll be in Berlin and Budapest in late July. I would stick with one spot but Im going with a buddy for a change.