rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico City

Mexico City

Hola amigos,

I will be in Mexico City for all of November and have never been. I have been around South America but never to Mexico.
Any regular visitors to Mex City?
Any tips on the usual?
a) gaming mexican girls
b) nightlife
c) stories
d) good eats

etc, any advice would be appreciated.

Mexico City

The Mexico City cabbies are pretty notorious. A friend of mine was down there, had his bags in the truck. Handed the driver a bill, the driver said, "let me get change" went inside his car and hit the gas. My buddy was stranded down there all his luggage, computer, house keys, passport, everything. Only thing he had at that point was the clothes on his back. Be very aware of their tricks.

Mexico City

My advice is to head south.

Mexico City

I was there for 1 night a few years back. I got loaded!

Aloha!

Mexico City

hey bro I will be visiting Mexico City on the second week of November, what area ru going to be staying in?

Mexico City

mexico city absolutely rocks. one of my favorite cities.

it's not for novices though.

Mexico City

Nice, I am going to be heading there on my way to South America. How long are you going to be staying there?

Chilangos and Chilangas are supposed to have a little bit of attitude compared to their outer state brethren, but I've hung out with many a Mexican and Chilangos and they are very chill people.

They like Canadians for some reason in Mexico. I always see Mexican dudes wearing Canadian hats.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-23-2009 08:20 AM)elguapo Wrote:  

mexico city absolutely rocks. one of my favorite cities.

it's not for novices though.

Tips?

I will be there in Feb / March. I have a Mexican GF there who can show me around but I would be interested in a guys perspective.

Mexico City

Cuidado down there.

One of my really good friends got kidnapped there.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Mexico City

I spent a week in Mexico City last year. I wasn't able to pick up any girls. The most attractive girls are not the pure Mexicans, but those of mixed ancestry, and they're all wealthy, snobbish, and hard to get. Those were the ones I went after to no luck unfortunately.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-23-2009 08:05 PM)simonh Wrote:  

I spent a week in Mexico City last year. I wasn't able to pick up any girls. The most attractive girls are not the pure Mexicans, but those of mixed ancestry, and they're all wealthy, snobbish, and hard to get. Those were the ones I went after to no luck unfortunately.

Good try though.

Chilangas are insanely hot.

Where you just unable to crack there social circles or what?

- MPM

Mexico City

Supposed to be a lot of hot girls in Guadalajara I hear.

Mexico City

I had a friend from Guadalajara, I heard nothing but great things about that city. Party 24/7 and hot chicks that put out. Sounds pretty cool.

Mexico City

* makes mental note to add Guadalajara to trip *

Mexico City

Quote: (10-23-2009 09:43 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Supposed to be a lot of hot girls in Guadalajara I hear.

Yeah, I have only heard great things as well.

I actually have a couple of friends I went to school with that are heavies down there. Throwing up high rises and stuff.

Need to take them up on their invitations.

- MPM

Mexico City

Quote: (10-24-2009 04:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You should. I'd like to hear an official field report from down there.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-24-2009 04:47 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-24-2009 04:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You should. I'd like to hear an official field report from down there.

Thanks for the push.

Just sent out an email to get the ball rolling.

- MPM

Mexico City

Seriously, no one has been to Mexico City? Aside from El Guapo, who hopefully posts something else, all I got here is
a) Guadalajara
b) they serve booze in Mexico City
c) taxi drivers are master scammers
d) mucho secuestros en Ciudad Mexico
e) mestiza chicas are sexy

I will be there for all of November, and all I know is I will be staying with a friend, no idea where he lives. I will be taking almost full time spanish but will def. be looking to score with as many Mexicans as possible.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-25-2009 10:19 PM)College Game Wrote:  

Seriously, no one has been to Mexico City? Aside from El Guapo, who hopefully posts something else, all I got here is
a) Guadalajara

I will be there for all of November, and all I know is I will be staying with a friend, no idea where he lives. I will be taking almost full time spanish but will def. be looking to score with as many Mexicans as possible.

I wish I could help you more.

We all look forward to your data when you get back.

I do remember that my friend who got kidnapped there said he like Rio and Buenos way more than Mexico city, in regards to nightlife, girls, the city etc.

But keep in mind he was kidnapped there so that could have skewed his thoughts.

- MPM

Mexico City

Ok.

I stayed in downtown (Centro Historico).
The area around there is touristy during the day but gets very seedy at night.

If I had to do it over, I would've stayed in Zona Rosa.

Tips
- Hopefully you speak good Spanish as it obviously helps a lot.
- Take registered cabs at the cab stands only; don't take the green bugs as they're not registered.
- People are all very friendly and chill
- Metro is very cheap, so try to take that during daytime.
- Niveria Roxy in Roma (near Condessa) has amazing ice cream. Check it out.

Daytime:
- Do some day game in malls such as Santa Fe (in Santa Fe) and PeriSur Mall.
- Zona Rosa gets filled in the evenings by people returning from work, so it's decent day game (ask where a good XXX is, etc)
- Parque Chapultapec is good as well.

Nighttime:
- Condessa (on avenida Michoacan) is pretty good.
- Zona Rosa - is pretty good also, although I didn't spend much time there
- Santa Fe - also great for nightlife some great clubs there.
- Coyocan (just near Avenida Insurgentes) is great on week nights.

Fresas (the rich white Mexican girls) are notoriously hard to game, but are all done up and are hot as hell.

I was there few months, and never had any issues at all. I do speak decent Mexican Spanish though.

It's an authentic Latin American city, and I can definitely see myself living there for few months or more.

Let me know if I left something out.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-25-2009 10:22 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2009 10:19 PM)College Game Wrote:  

a) Guadalajara

I wish I could help you more.

We all look forward to your data when you get back.

I do remember that my friend who got kidnapped there said he like Rio and Buenos way more than Mexico city, in regards to nightlife, girls, the city etc.

But keep in mind he was kidnapped there so that could have skewed his thoughts.

- MPM

I'd always been under the impression that the kidnappings that happen in Latin America are not directed towards tourists, but wealthy businessmen with huge bank accounts. Maybe I'm wrong?

Mexico City

"I'd always been under the impression that the kidnappings that happen in Latin America are not directed towards tourists, but wealthy businessmen with huge bank accounts. Maybe I'm wrong?"

You're absolutely correct. As a casual traveler or a backpacker, your odds are extremely low as opposed to say a mugging, etc.

Mexico City

I spent a few nights in Mexico City (btw, they simply refer to it as D.F. for Distrito Federal, and never "Mexico City") in '07 with a bunch of friends (prologue to a wedding in Puerto Vallarta). We stayed at the Hotel Habita in Polanco; the neighborhood was wealthy and safe and had some good lounges/clubs; the Hotel itself was sleek and modern and had a great scene at the rooftop bar.

Unfortunately, I can't recall specific clubs we went to because we had a local friend who led us around. I know we hit some spots in Condesa. They were all high-class places and because we were five guys, so we had some trouble getting in (some palm grease solved the problem, but still). I'd say we had the same success with girls as we would in L.A. My brother and I were generally well-received when we approached, and bounced to different places with girls we picked up each night, though only he closed. Women are cliquish but not overly so; it's not like brutal Buenos Aires. Our Spanish is pitifully weak, and English is not spoken much ... yet we did alright (our main mission was to stick together and have a good time: we knew we would all hook up at the wedding).

During the afternoon, I would highly recommend going to the small craft Mezcal places that are on several corners in Condesa. A great experience; they are all handmade liquors.

As for taxis, avoid the vw bug taxis, they are the dodgy ones. There are taxi stands throughout the prosperous neighborhoods and those taxis are fine.

We took a sidetrip to Puebla, a couple hours outside D.F. We picked up some pulque from a roadside stand (a local homemade liquor that is milky and only as strong as wine -- our drivers refused to let us get it until we absolutely insisted) and chowed on pan-fried maggot larvae when we arrived (it is a local seasonal delicacy, no joke, and actually quite good). Puebla's night scene during the weekdays is not strong for women (though there are some colleges in town), but they had a old-school, chicken-wired 1000-seat la luche libre stadium, and that was probably one of the best nights we had -- watching a berserk wrestling show with berserk fans, drinking 50 cent coronas and yelling our heads off.

Mexico City

Quote: (10-25-2009 11:20 PM)elguapo Wrote:  

"I'd always been under the impression that the kidnappings that happen in Latin America are not directed towards tourists, but wealthy businessmen with huge bank accounts. Maybe I'm wrong?"

You're absolutely correct. As a casual traveler or a backpacker, your odds are extremely low as opposed to say a mugging, etc.

I think so too.

My friend had cheese.

Real interesting character, but that is another story.

-MPM

Mexico City

Drastic change of plans, going to Guatemala for the month, not Mexico City. I doubt anyone has been there so I will get back with a full run down when I get back.