rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mykonos Island, Greece

Mykonos Island, Greece

I spent 5 nights there, so here's some info:

Its gorgeous. beautiful deep blue water against golden colored sand. All the houses are painted bright white, and they must paint them every year because its really bright white, and they have bright blue or red accents on the shutters, doors, etc. All of this against the golden terrain. really beautiful.

Its a small party island, so you might start to get bored after a week. Stay in the city center. The city is very small.
Its not as cheap as mainland greece, but its not too expensive overall.
Definitely rent an ATV or motorbike. Ride around the Island, its amazing, and ride to all the party beaches.

GIRLS & PARTY LIFE:

Chances of hooking up with a Greek girls is supper slim. They give no love to foreigners. They are very pretty and generally polite, but they wont bang you. So timing is very important. You got to go when tourists are there. I went in early June, and it was the wrong time. Very few foreigners, and to make things worse it was a greek holiday, so a ton of greeks came from the mainland. Greeks are cool people, and cool to talk to, but you are not going to bang any of their girls.

I had a friend who went in August and its a whole different story. He told be all sorts of crazy tales, like there were people banging on the beach at night, and tons of drunk crazy foreigners. June was very tame. Go in July or August.

Overall, its not the place to try to soak up the culture, and get an authentic experience. Its all about the beach in the daytime, and major partying at night. And banging drunk tourists. Its a party spot.

Mykonos Island, Greece

"They are very pretty and generally polite, but they wont bang you."

How come?

Did you say you were leaving in a few days?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (10-04-2009 05:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"They are very pretty and generally polite, but they wont bang you."

How come?

Did you say you were leaving in a few days?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

I don't remember if I specifically said when I was leaving, but I think they assume it because its a party island, and foreigners come and go.
It might help a little to tell them you will be there for a couple months, but I don't think this is the deciding factor by any means.

Part of the issue is language barrier, Their english is not great, although most speak a little english. But I think its more of a pride thing. I get the sense its not a ONS culture. Plus they don't look up to foreigners like for example South Americans and South East Asians do. I've never been to Italy, but from all I've read here it sounds similar to Italy in terms of girls.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Never been to Greece though I did meet a Greek guy a couple of years ago in Austria. According to him Greece is a VERY conformist culture. He was regarded as a bit of an outcast since he was a vegitarian, a stoner, didn't go in for the whole traditional Greek cultural celebrations etc. He was in his 30s and single and was travelling round Europe, something he said 95% of Greeks would never do; they all marry early and wouldn't think of travelling since nowhere can beat Greece. Apparantly what you see in the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is only a slightly exaggerated version of the truth. Perhaps as you say the whole pride (possibly xenophobia) thing means having a ONS with a foreigner is looked down upon in a culture where peer-pressure is very strong. It's also still quite socially conservative compared to - say - the UK in terms of traditional family values and gender roles. I've heard some of the nearby Balkan countries like Croatia, Bosnia, Albania etc are easier to hook up in than Greece. Still sounds a good place though!!

Mykonos Island, Greece

The ONS situation in Greece sounds pretty similar to much of Italy. Though you might be able to find a lay in Milan, possibly.

Nonetheless, I'd love to go to Greece, would do it in a heartbeat. I know this is a pickup forum, but sometimes, you just have to enjoy the experience of travel regardless of how much luck you're having with the ladies and not let your c*ck determine how good a time you're having. Otherwise in a way, you're still allowing women to dictate your happiness.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Thanks for sharing the wonderful experience with all of us.. This is a great help to me as I was looking for it.. I am also visiting there next month and I am very much excited for it.. I will stay there for three days and I was wondering to know whether it is sufficient time to enjoy or should I exceed it?

Mykonos Island, Greece

Thanks I will be there is a month or two I think

Thankfully I picked up my Greek flag some time ago in Paris (very cute girl but by god she was hairy! What a turnoff!)

My general impression of Greek people is very similar to Turkish people. Dudes are possesive of 'their' women to the point of complete dickheadishness.

Mykonos Island, Greece

I know a few girls who have been to Mykonos a few times have told me it is a major gay vacation destination. Beautiful place, but not great for hooking up if you are a straight guy.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (05-17-2011 09:59 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

I know a few girls who have been to Mykonos a few times have told me it is a major gay vacation destination. Beautiful place, but not great for hooking up if you are a straight guy.

I went to Mykonos and other Greek islands about five years ago.

It's more gay in September / October than during the summer. There's still a gay contingent over the summer but it's way less noticeable since there's so much other stuff going on.

In August it's a major Italian holiday destination and gilded youth from all over the mediterranean flocks there. I didn't have much success with locals (not sure why, I was younger and less deep in the game back then). Did better with tourists, especially Italians and Americans.

I rented a small boat and sailed around scoping out the beaches. Most of the nude beaches are filled with guys and whales, so not worth going far afield for beaches unless you're just looking for somewhere isolated that looks spectacular.

Out of the Greek islands I had most success in Ios, a major backpacker destination. Lots of cheap accommodation, beach parties and young travelers.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Mykonos Island, Greece

DO NOT GO TO MYKONOS! It is about the worst island in greece and a mecca for homosexual men.I had to go there twice to bury reletives and the people are as about the shittiest you can get even at greek standards.No trees,garbage everywhere and shitty locals.Ive been to most greek islands and that place makes me sick.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (05-17-2011 10:47 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

DO NOT GO TO MYKONOS! It is about the worst island in greece and a mecca for homosexual men.I had to go there twice to bury reletives and the people are as about the shittiest you can get even at greek standards.No trees,garbage everywhere and shitty locals.Ive been to most greek islands and that place makes me sick.

And the best greek islands?

If someone on here has experience of island hopping, please start a greek island hopping thread

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (05-17-2011 12:51 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2011 10:47 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

And the best greek islands?

If someone on here has experience of island hopping, please start a greek island hopping thread
I will make a thread on that with current information.I have'nt been there in three years so I will need some input from my friends that live there.I speak greek and prefer the mainland and will write about that too.

In the summer months every island in greece has loads of tourist girls and illegals to game.The Mykonians don't care about anything except their wallets and have destroyed that island.I still cant figure out why so many of them have blue eyes.(Vlakas)

Mykonos Island, Greece

I did Rhodes/Kos over ten years ago, it was epic then but I am sure my info would be outdated. When I went there were loads of Scandinavians, but I met two lovely swiss girls. Funny thing the nicest girls were Danish, so i amazed that Roosh found the country to be a major let down.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Mykonos Island, Greece

Went to Santorini and Paros a looong time ago. Santorini in particular is an incredible place to visit.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Rhodes City is probably the main party hub for heterosexuals. While there is lots of Scandinavians still there that particular crowd has however now moved on to Ayia Napa, Malaga or Anatalya. The greek islands IMO has lost a lot of their old swagger. With the state of the crumbling greek economy a lot of investors has also pulled out which means there are less classy resorts and nightlife promoters focusing on Greece as well.

Mykonos Island, Greece

I know this is lame but take a look at this.
http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReview...lades.html
This is pretty accurate and Imagine how bad it is when you speak greeklish there.I loathe that place so much I may not be able to leave it alone.

Mykonos Island, Greece

http://youtu.be/vGKvb2MkeiM Or this gem!

Mykonos Island, Greece

Wow...these girls in Athens kept saying to come back and visit Mykonos.

So if this place is really this bad, what other island would you guys recommend?

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (01-04-2014 11:34 AM)DoomsdayIlluztrious Wrote:  

Wow...these girls in Athens kept saying to come back and visit Mykonos.

So if this place is really this bad, what other island would you guys recommend?

This was a pre-Kamaki Greece thread. Take a look at Kamaki's Greek Islands Data Sheet.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Actually Mykonos and Paros are two islands Greek girls visit to give it.Especially Italians have success with them for some reason.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Only go to Mykonos is July an August, i went in September and it was dead, only Scandinavian bar was any good.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Quote: (01-08-2014 05:15 PM)Kangaroo Wrote:  

Only go to Mykonos is July an August, i went in September and it was dead, only Scandinavian bar was any good.

I went to Mykonos on a Sept. Had a great peaceful time riding a scooter around checking out natural scenery.

As for party scene, it was all fat chicks, super aggressive dudes, pickpockets, and some dark alley ways. Perhaps it is better in July/August. Had a much better time with the hoes in Santorini that same year with women looking to "find themselves" there opposed to desperate horny fat chicks in Mykonos, haha.

Mykonos Island, Greece

Kos in the Docadecanese is a hidden gem. 90% Scandinavian sluts.