rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opening A Brokerage Account

I've got a tiny bonus coming towards me and I want to open a brokerage account separate from my retirement accounts. I intend to buy a few individual stocks and some index funds. I'll probably be making less than 6 trades a month. Ease of execution, website robustness and ease of user experience are important to me, firm research not so much. Any recommendations? Schwaab? Ameritrade? E-trade? Share builder?

I used scottrade for a while. It was pretty simple and was 7 bucks a trade for market orders. I would go with the lowest fees possible, there is too much access to free research to justify the charges some of those brokers try to pull

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

scottrade... its easy and has low fees. esp that you are just starting out. good luck!

I've been using Fidelity for many years. Free trades on Fidelity funds is good. Great support and good execution. But I was trading hundreds of times every year.
For what you're looking for, I don't think you can go wrong with Fidelity, Scottrade, or Vanguard. Good luck.

I also have Scottrade. Their iOS app sucks, however.

Tradeking. Good interface and 4.95 a trade.

Thanks for all the recs! Appreciated. There are a couple of undervalued stocks I'm looking at that I'll want to get out of when I think their price has plateaued. At that point in my trading account where do y'all suggest I park my money.

Eldon, just out of curiosity, what do you think is undervalued at this moment? I might be able to provide some feedback.. I'm also looking for fresh ideas at the moment.

Quote: (03-14-2012 10:54 PM)rozayINTL Wrote:  

Eldon, just out of curiosity, what do you think is undervalued at this moment? I might be able to provide some feedback.. I'm also looking for fresh ideas at the moment.
Rozay,
Even with it's torrid rise, I still think Apple is undervalued compared to other tech giants. Earnings are gangbusters, low P/E and I believe it will surpass 700 by Nov. after IPhone 5. I'm aware of economists law of large numbers. I like Nokia too, good balance sheets, undervalued I believe. I see Lan Airlines having a good year taking more market share. Some others out of my field of expertise and more obscure were recommended by writers I like, i don't have those in front of me. In general, i look at market overreactions. I wish I went with my instinct and loaded up on Netflix when it tanked. Peeps complaining about modest fee hikes when Blockbuster used to charge $5 per movie 10 years ago. Anyways, that window has passed, I think they'll have trouble internationally competing with established players.