rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just Like Life Itself, Game Is Often About Timing

One important aspect that is true in life that players need to keep in mind in the field is timing.

Just like the price of a stock over a given period, the rewards for your efforts in this game will have its ups and downs, no matter how skilled you are at this, due to forces outside of your control.

One of my favorite books that explains this concept in a convincing and fascinating way is Outliers.

Where you live and the time of year can play a huge impact on your game. If you live in a warmer climate and in a place known for a vibrant social atmosphere, you know that for most of the year you can just go outside, meet women, and apply day or night game, and know the numbers will work in your favor.

If you live in a career-oriented place like DC, where people are busy working during the week, venues don't stay open late like NYC, the weather in summer is oppressive, and winter dampens the nightlife scene, you may find that online dating is a necessary tool in your repertoire.

Many highly regarded players have suffered epic defeats when traveling simply because they were somewhere during a time of year when traffic flows of attractive girls were low.

Despite this, continue working on your game so that you will be well-positioned when things turn around. You can find sometime out of the blue, for whatever reason, you have "too many" chicks hitting you up at the same time which is the situation I find myself in at the moment. You even forget to reach out to some of them.

I read one post earlier today from some guy saying how can a guy turn away a chick and not feel like getting married? That's a sign that you're not getting enough pussy from a diverse array of chicks. Once you've done that consistently and realize how easy game can work on girls who otherwise seem intelligent, you lose respect for the concept of being with one girl forever. Trust me, I had almost considered marrying a girl myself way back in the day. This girl was, by society's standards, a winner. Attractive black mulatta with naturally curly hair. Ivy League-trained attorney. We even lived together. Even my boys were jealous. Eventually, I came to my senses after taking a trip abroad and have never turned back.

Don't let the timing issue let you lose confidence in your game. Keep working on it and, more importantly, keep applying it. The rewards of your efforts will pay off in ways unseen at the moment, whether in the boardroom or the bedroom. If you live in a whack town, developing game will give you the confidence to make a new move and position yourself in a place where your ambition and intelligence will give you a better reward. It's all interrelated.

Quote: (03-05-2012 10:58 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I read one post earlier today from some guy saying how can a guy turn away a chick and not feel like getting married? That's a sign that you're not getting enough pussy from a diverse array of chicks. Once you've done that consistently and realize how easy game can work on girls who otherwise seem intelligent, you lose respect for the concept of being with one girl forever.

True. I recently was reluctant to cut loose a very hot girl that I banged some weeks ago , she kinda stalked me afterwards(posted about it in other thread) but the beta voice (LOL) inside my head was telling me to keep her cause It would be hard to get other girl in the same level. After reading Mixx's and some other guys advice I decided to let her go. It is hard , but when you are in this lifestyle for the long haul you know that it is the right thing to do.

The only "variable" that you mentioned that to me is still a challenge is how to get out of SP(how to have a job/income in other place). I know , its not a bad place to game , but I would really like to live in a city with a more pleasant life style . I just didn't reached that point yet.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Awesome insights. A lot of newbies or guys who are good with girls but with no formal knowledge of game think game is a "cure all" once they know a bit they will be able to slay pussy like Conan the Pussyslayer. I used to be like that, but I realized you have to just stick with it. For instance I didn't get any new notches this year until this past week when I've had sex every day with 2 new notches. When I look back a similar thing happened over the summer. Persevering and adapting to your circumstances is a true test of your game.

Another good motivational thought for newbies is to realize that you aren't just learning "game" and improving yourself for the short term. It is for the long term, just because you don't feel like banging a bunch of girls, or watching what you eat now it will benefit you in the long run to do these things and learn how to do them to the best of your ability. It is better to have skills and not need them than need skills and not have them.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:13 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

It is better to have skills and not need them than need skills and not have them.

Spoken sagaciously like Sun Tzu. Well said.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:11 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

The only "variable" that you mentioned that to me is still a challenge is how to get out of SP(how to have a job/income in other place). I know , its not a bad place to game , but I would really like to live in a city with a more pleasant life style . I just didn't reached that point yet.

Where would you like to go?

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:21 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

In Brazil : Rio or Floripa mostly. I would like to try life by the coast and not just on holidays.

Abroad:

N.America: Anywhere in the USCanada (Although I don't have Working Visa)

Europe: London or France(in that case would need to learn french at first). I have EU passport so I can legally work there.

The problem is that I don't have solid connections in any of those places , nor a job-independent income to rely on at this moment.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Where you live and the time of year can play a huge impact on your game. If you live in a warmer climate and in a place known for a vibrant social atmosphere, you know that for most of the year you can just go outside, meet women, and apply day or night game, and know the numbers will work in your favor.

Excellent point, but as well, what's going on in the girl's headspace also plays a huge part.

Is she ovulating? Is she sick? Is she having a good day? Does she have a lot of orbiters? Did she just get into a nasty blowout fight with her boyfriend? Did her dog just die? did she just get a promotion? Is she hungover?

These, and many other factors beyond your control (timing is to an extent in your control, but not wholly) will come into play when you're out and gearing for a swoop. The fact of the matter with game is that it's not a golden key to the door of success; it's a tool that can get you closer to where you need to be, but it's not a fix-all solution. A lot of the time when you don't get laid, it's not because you did something wrong or the girl wasn't into you, it's because of something totally beyond your control.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:34 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

In Brazil : Rio or Floripa mostly. I would like to try life by the coast and not just on holidays.

Abroad:

Europe: London or France(in that case would need to learn french at first). I have EU passport so I can legally work there.

The problem is that I don't have solid connections in any of those places , nor a job-independent income to rely on at this moment.

Well, the good thing about SP is that people from all over Brazil live and work there. Keep making contacts and maybe you'll come across an opportunity.

It's funny how everyone wants to go to Floripa. That's like the best place in Brazil right now. Hard to get a job out there though.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:53 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Excellent point, but as well, what's going on in the girl's headspace also plays a huge part.

Is she ovulating? Is she sick? Is she having a good day? Does she have a lot of orbiters? Did she just get into a nasty blowout fight with her boyfriend? Did her dog just die? did she just get a promotion? Is she hungover?

These, and many other factors beyond your control (timing is to an extent in your control, but not wholly) will come into play when you're out and gearing for a swoop. The fact of the matter with game is that it's not a golden key to the door of success; it's a tool that can get you closer to where you need to be, but it's not a fix-all solution. A lot of the time when you don't get laid, it's not because you did something wrong or the girl wasn't into you, it's because of something totally beyond your control.

That's definitely a given. I was just speaking to the timing issue as it's something that gets overlooked.

Don't let the timing issue let you lose confidence in your game. Keep working on it and, more importantly, keep applying it. The rewards of your efforts will pay off in ways unseen at the moment, whether in the boardroom or the bedroom. If you live in a whack town, developing game will give you the confidence to make a new move and position yourself in a place where your ambition and intelligence will give you a better reward. It's all interrelated.

This speaks to my situation a lot, as I'm kind of stuck in a location where my gaming options are extremely limited. I have vented about this issue a lot in the past, but location and "timing" are huge factors.

Sometimes I get down on myself because I hit dry spells or lower standards to hook up with girls that I'm really that into, but the dating scene or "sexual market" here is pretty whack. (Small town, limited nightlife, shortage of attractive women, etc.)

Basically, I can't realistically expect to pull like I could if I lived in a big city with a huge population, like SF, NYC, LA, etc. I saw Roosh linked up to Bronan's blog on a post he had about Colorado Springs being a massive cockfest.

If you're in a spot with a high concentration of attractive women things are going to be a lot better than if you're stuck out in a spot like the Canadian oil fields, where it's nothing but men.

If a guy wants to have true success with women and maximize his potential as a player, he's got to position himself in the right spots. It's like competition over resources, just like men would be fighting over limited land, food, and water, men compete and fight over limited pussy.

I'm definitely planning a move to a larger city, where I can spread my player wings.

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:58 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:34 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Abroad:

Well, the good thing about SP is that people from all over Brazil live and work there. Keep making contacts and maybe you'll come across an opportunity.

It's funny how everyone wants to go to Floripa. That's like the best place in Brazil right now. Hard to get a job out there though.

Thread hijacking!

Mr.GM, consider this: SP has probably the best, most varied and abundant nightlife in the country.

You might feel the blow once you leave there.

I'm considering implementing something different: travelling more around neighbouring cities during weekends to party, instead of moving to a place permanently. Getting that habit.

Just a thought.

Great post HC. Gotta always keep in mind that there's always gonna be ups and downs in game.

With regard to using different game in different countries, do you think there's some sort of "base game" that you could build from.

My travelling experience is limited but I'm thinking that a basis of being cool, chilled and "not letting your reality shape you" would be a good start wherever you go?

21 y/o brit.

Timing is such a complex little detail that can be hard to predict.

But, you better be doing everything in your power to try and "time" things as best you can. Like the old saying goes..."Timing is everything"

“Winning comes down to two things: Taking advantage of your opponents mistakes and perfect timing” – Michael John Mason VI (Father to son boxing advise when I was a young amateur)

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/12/bra...suits.html

[Image: gift1.jpg] to HC

I'm in a part of LA right now where logistics and my circumstances are difficult and my type of girls are rare, but I still approach, approach, and approach.

Admittedly, I bitched about it when I first moved here. Before I was in a different part of town where there are lots of girls and logistics were optimal, but I took it for granted so my efforts were minimal and my game suffered.

And then I realized, my new neighborhood is the real proving grounds for gaming where there are things that might discourage me to game...

The way I see it this is great practice if I found myself in "better" situations, then I would know what to do with myself.

Anyway, I have a possible date this weekend that came from day game so hopefully I'll post that lay report if the bang happens.

ps. thanks for the book rec