rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Orange County?

Orange County?

Fella's,

I tried searching the forums about OC and really haven't found much in terms of hooking up. What's the story? Could use some advice.

I currently live in NYC and might have a job offer in Irvine shortly. I'm originally from San Diego, but given the niche work that I do, there are very few opportunities for me in SoCal. I'm seriously considering this opportunity should I get it.

I've always preferred CA lifestyle over the hectic pace of NYC, cold winters, and living in a closet. In terms of women, NYC has been good, but it seems the benefits of everything else I want (active lifestyle, weather, space, pace of life) are in CA.

Ultimately, this opportunity is a solid one with a good future in terms of career. What I'm wondering is how much of a hit will I take in my personal life and picking up chicks by moving to Irvine, Newport, etc.?

Appreciate any insight you SoCal players can provide.

Orange County?

cellblock4 -

(This should probably be in the travel forum)

You are essentially moving from the dopest place in America (NYC) to the wackest place in America (Orange County, more specifically Irvine, which is the wackest place in Orange County).

That being said, as with anything wack, there are usually hot girls.

However, Orange County is ground zero for the California Police State, so you should know how I feel about that place.

Personally, I wouldn't live in a Mansion there with free rent.

But many people like it (however, take a hard look at the people who like it).

If you have some more specific questions, I can answer them.

Orange County?

G, if you ever needed another reason not to come to Hermosa Beach: Hermosa Beach bans smoking in parks, pier, outdoor dining areas

I know next to nothing about the OC. I've heard Huntington Beach is douchebag ground zero, and that neighboring Newport Beach has more money and class. Irvine's got UC Irvine. And one of the guys here was telling me he went out to Anaheim one night and had a good time, saw lots of talent. Sounds like you're going to have to do some exploring. Definitely don't recommend living in LA though for a commute to Irvine.

Orange County?

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

cellblock4 -

(This should probably be in the travel forum)

You are essentially moving from the dopest place in America (NYC) to the wackest place in America (Orange County, more specifically Irvine, which is the wackest place in Orange County).

That being said, as with anything wack, there are usually hot girls.

However, Orange County is ground zero for the California Police State, so you should know how I feel about that place.

Personally, I wouldn't live in a Mansion there with free rent.

But many people like it (however, take a hard look at the people who like it).

If you have some more specific questions, I can answer them.

G, my bad about the wrong forum.

i remember your post on the football beach ban - ridiculous. maybe i'm just nostalgic about the times when i lived in CA 10 years ago and the grass seems greener. no doubt that nyc is amazing, but not sure i can do it for the long haul.

just seem to see a lot of information on LA/SD as far as gaming girls and their personalities. haven't seen much about OC and my only data point is watching housewives. just wondering how newport beach, huntington, beach or long beach are for picking up girls? cool man. i appreciate it. i'm going to see how the interview goes and then perhaps PM with you specifics before i make any rash decisions.
thanks.

Orange County?

Quote: (03-05-2012 11:51 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

G, if you ever needed another reason not to come to Hermosa Beach: Hermosa Beach bans smoking in parks, pier, outdoor dining areas

I know next to nothing about the OC. I've heard Huntington Beach is douchebag ground zero, and that neighboring Newport Beach has more money and class. Irvine's got UC Irvine. And one of the guys here was telling me he went out to Anaheim one night and had a good time, saw lots of talent. Sounds like you're going to have to do some exploring. Definitely don't recommend living in LA though for a commute to Irvine.

thanks basilransom. yeah, going to have to critically think this one through.

Orange County?

Good post. I shot that around.

Yeah, it is getting insane. I am not exaggerating this stuff.

When I leave CA, I may never return.

They are not getting another tax dollar of mine to push their Fascist agenda.

Furthermore, this is so stupid. I mean, what better way to scare off the European tourists. Ticket them like criminals as they walk around taking photos while enjoying a smoke.

Orange County?

Cellblock, I currently live in OC and have done so for the past 8 years. I'll try to put up a datasheet of sorts on OC for everyone here maybe tonight if I have time.

Funny the timing of this thread, I just recently decided to move out of OC and back to LA.

Orange County?

Quote: (03-05-2012 05:39 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Cellblock, I currently live in OC and have done so for the past 8 years. I'll try to put up a datasheet of sorts on OC for everyone here maybe tonight if I have time.

Funny the timing of this thread, I just recently decided to move out of OC and back to LA.

I remember back in the day when I was in School that the show "The OC" was pretty popular down here(was that big in America ?). At that time I probably thought that Newport beach was the best place to live on earth. In my early college years I was with a chick she had like the whole DVD collection of the show. Funny how things change.

I would be interested to see your Datasheet on The OC.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Orange County?

Quote: (03-05-2012 05:52 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Quote: (03-05-2012 05:39 PM)slubu Wrote:  

I remember back in the day when I was in School that the show "The OC" was pretty popular down here(was that big in America ?). At that time I probably thought that Newport beach was the best place to live on earth. In my early college years I was with a chick she had like the whole DVD collection of the show. Funny how things change.

I would be interested to see your Datasheet on The OC.

In some ways Newport Beach is the best place on earth to live. If you've got high level dough and aren't looking for single chicks to bang every night and like beautiful weather and the ocean its damn near perfect. But nowhere is perfect, and it has its downfalls.

Orange County?

Quote: (03-05-2012 01:08 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Good post. I shot that around.

Yeah, it is getting insane. I am not exaggerating this stuff.

When I leave CA, I may never return.

They are not getting another tax dollar of mine to push their Fascist agenda.

Furthermore, this is so stupid. I mean, what better way to scare off the European tourists. Ticket them like criminals as they walk around taking photos while enjoying a smoke.

unbelievable when a state gets desperate for revenue:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post...live-there