rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Effective gut reduction exercises for older men

Hi,

has anyone tried a gut reduction system that actually works. Currently I am trying fatlossrevealed.com but I barely see results and I just want to lose some of weight. It's tough at my age to do but I just wanted to see if any guys here have had success. I was also hoping someone of the older guys could bring idea and tell of their successes.

Also any dieting ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eddy

Welcome to the forum man.
I'm not sure about your level of physical conditioning, but even with a diet you need some exercise to cut down on body fat. There's no magic pill. If you just diet, you will lose weight, but a lot of that will be muscle. Since muscle is what consumes fat, this is counterproductive.
When my great uncle wanted to lose weight, he set up a pullup bar, did his old military routine of calisthenics (it was the 5BX plan), and went on hour-long walks six days a week. He lost a lot of weight pretty quickly.

Quote: (03-01-2012 09:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Welcome to the forum man.
I'm not sure about your level of physical conditioning, but even with a diet you need some exercise to cut down on body fat. There's no magic pill. If you just diet, you will lose weight, but a lot of that will be muscle. Since muscle is what consumes fat, this is counterproductive.
When my great uncle wanted to lose weight, he set up a pullup bar, did his old military routine of calisthenics (it was the 5BX plan), and went on hour-long walks six days a week. He lost a lot of weight pretty quickly.
Hi Hades,

I can jog about a mile and do a few weight exercises but I want to take it to the next level and improve my appearance for gaming purposes. I am also wondering if I can turn some of that fat into muscle ( not 6 pack). I am realistic about my expectations. I am older now so i don't expect to have young Van Damme muscles but at least I want to be able to see my dick when I look to the floor. LOL

Eddie

Diet is everything....trust me I know it look into a high protein low carb diet and add some more cardio in there

Quote: (03-01-2012 09:25 AM)EddieGordo55 Wrote:  

Hi,

has anyone tried a gut reduction system that actually works. Currently I am trying fatlossrevealed.com but I barely see results and I just want to lose some of weight. It's tough at my age to do but I just wanted to see if any guys here have had success. I was also hoping someone of the older guys could bring idea and tell of their successes.

Also any dieting ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eddy

Eddie, the same concept that goes for younger men can also apply for older cats like yourself.

Please detail your current activity profile with an exact layout of what you eat?

Do you smoke? Do you drink? If you do drink, is it beers?

Be very specific.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

A friend of mine switched to a paleo-esque/low processed carb diet and fat melted off him. I'm convinced it's 90% diet.
That and alcohol. Beer is huge in empty calories, only good if you're recovering from burns.

I say friend because it's anecdotal and I'm skinny, personally.

The main reason why it's harder to lose weight as you get older is because your metabolism slows down and you don't burn as many calories just going through your daily activities as you used to. If you don't decrease your food intake to compensate for that you'll gain weight.

To lose weight you need to run a calorie deficit, expending more energy than you take in through food. You can do this through diet, exercise, or most effectively a combination of both. If you're not sure whether your current regimen is putting you in a caloric deficit, go to http://www.thedailyplate.com and track your intake and exercise for a week, then make adjustments based on your goals.

Like some of the others have said...its all about diet. Try cutting out wheat, and other processed carbs. - Check out the book "Wheat Belly"

@Moma,

Hi Thanks for the reply. I have been having difficulty using the website for some reason.

I am trying Jason Stathams weight loss program at menshealth dot com. you can check it out

I also take around 1000 cals a day. I no longer eat late at night which i usually do. at the moment i make sure by 6 pm i have finished dinner. And I try as much as possible not to take a bite from the fridge if i am hungry at night. its these little habits i'm trying to stop. i eat lots more salads and lean meats now.

i aim to do three workouts a week. Also can do 20 pushups with some difficulty. but i am trying to improve that.

Do you still need to run a calorie deficit if you want to be more muscular?