rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

hairstyles and cutting hair

what hair style do you have and how often do you cut your hair?

I dont style my hair with products or anything, I cut it short about every 3 weeks. if money and time wasn't an issue i would like to get it cut every week

I have a "shaggy' hair style the parts in the middle; much like gael garcia bernal would wear. Ive been rocking some derivative of this style for 10+ years now. I usually cut it every 2 months or so. As for product, I use a hair spray with some hold after I get out of the shower. I wouldnt be suprised if im the only dude who uses this, but whatever. My getting ready routine is low maintence, even tough I get positive comments about my hair often.

Had my hair without cutting it for like 7 months, then it got out of control. Now I'm rocking a Cristiano Ronaldo look-alike haircut. I started getting told that short hair fits me way better, even though I've always wanted to rock long hair ala Eddie Vedder/Enrique Bunbury.

This is what I am going for:

[Image: wpid-beckscut.jpg]

or this:

[Image: SeanConneryClassicHairstyle.jpg]

[Image: SeanConneryClassicHairstyle.jpg]

That is a classic cut. You cant go wrong with that one.

Buzz cut with a 0 guard every few weeks. My hair is a wavy mess if it gets long, no product can tame the beast so I keep it short, keep it out of the way. I wake up looking as good as I ever will, in that respect.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

My hair is pretty long. I can touch my bangs to my nipples and it's the same length all around. I wear it tied back in a tail during the day at work but I wear it down when I go out. Trim off a half inch every two months.

Team Nachos

Being black, nothing creative-I've never had dreads.

I just use a razor and a mirror to cut it all off every two or three weeks on my own.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:49 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

My hair is pretty long. I can touch my bangs to my nipples and it's the same length all around. I wear it tied back in a tail during the day at work but I wear it down when I go out. Trim off a half inch every two months.

How long did it initially take to grow it out that long? I've always wanted long hair but I have never made the commitment. I haven't cut mine in 5-6 months and I have the classic shaggy hair look right now.

I had locks (not dreads, there is a differentiation) for well over ten years. I recently cut them off, I've got a nappy fro at the moment.

I really liked my locks, could do all types of things with them and wear them in so many different hairstyles. My hair actually fell out but that's another story. I've decided that i'm going to grow them back probably towards the end of the year. It's a real commitment wearing them. You have to be very thorough about washing your hair and keeping it clean so that it doesn't smell like mildew.

I maintain a buzz cut, using the 1 guard every week or so during the warmer months.

Some years I quit cutting my hair every September and don't get it trimmed again till April. Consequence of living in a temperate climate.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I'm very particular about my hair. I rock the fade.. triple zero around the back and sides, faded up to a low 2 on top. Gets cut every other Saturday.. same barber shop, only two guys in there that I'll let touch it.

I made a $100 bet with a chick one time that I could go an entire year without cutting my hair. Made it 6 weeks. I just can't do it.

Quote: (02-04-2012 11:39 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

How long did it initially take to grow it out that long? I've always wanted long hair but I have never made the commitment. I haven't cut mine in 5-6 months and I have the classic shaggy hair look right now.

From a regular short hairstyle it takes about 2 years to grow it out long enough to tie back in a tail. You're talking a 3 inch tail. You have to keep trimming the back so the top and sides grow out.

Took me like 5 years to get my bangs to reach my nipples. Now I'm at the point of just keeping it trimmed at the ends and keeping it healthy looking. Believe me I get much more attention with long hair.

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-05-2012 01:30 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-04-2012 11:39 PM)wi30 Wrote:  

From a regular short hairstyle it takes about 2 years to grow it out long enough to tie back in a tail. You're talking a 3 inch tail. You have to keep trimming the back so the top and sides grow out.

Took me like 5 years to get my bangs to reach my nipples. Now I'm at the point of just keeping it trimmed at the ends and keeping it healthy looking. Believe me I get much more attention with long hair.

Damn, looks like I got a year and a half to go. Something I definitely have to do though before I start losing it.

Short back and sides, bit longer on top with a bit of a fringe. Think Hitler youth. It's fashionable enough and suits me. Wash once a day with shampoo, no other products use but i blow dry it then put a trapper hat on for like 20 minutes because otherwise it goes fluffy.

21 y/o brit.

Some of you guys said you cut your own hair, have you ever tried doing anything but an all over buzz cut?

Quote: (02-07-2012 09:32 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Some of you guys said you cut your own hair, have you ever tried doing anything but an all over buzz cut?

Nope. Doubt I could style any type of fade or other cut properly on my own, so no real sense in risking it.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (02-07-2012 09:14 PM)dulst Wrote:  

Short back and sides, bit longer on top with a bit of a fringe. Think Hitler youth. It's fashionable enough and suits me. Wash once a day with shampoo, no other products use but i blow dry it then put a trapper hat on for like 20 minutes because otherwise it goes fluffy.

Yeah if I don't wear a skullcap for awhile in the morning I look like this:

[Image: attachment.jpg4980]   

It's hard to figure out when you need to wash, just wet, use conditioner, what products to use, ect. It's becoming more of a pain than it's worth. You are right though, bitches love long hair.

Today, I'm wearing a TWA and growing because I don't ha.ve any plans to keep it short. In fact, I am in a transition phase from straight hair to natural hair.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

+1 A few weeks ago I decided i was tired of the "Professional" style cut I had for years-same length more or less all over, parted on one side, and thought about what i could change to.

Remembered i always liked the haircut WW2 soldiers had- not just the Germans but the Americans too. A little research revealed it's called the "short back and sides" so I googled images of the phrase and the first pic that came up was one of David Beckham.

His cut looked great and was exactly what i wanted so i printed it out, asked around for who was the best stylist in town and took the photo to her and said cut my hair like that

She did a great job- I put a little product in to make the top stand up and it looks really good

Feel like a new man

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (02-29-2012 02:35 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Yeah if I don't wear a skullcap for awhile in the morning I look like this:

It's hard to figure out when you need to wash, just wet, use conditioner, what products to use, ect. It's becoming more of a pain than it's worth. You are right though, bitches love long hair.

Ha, love that pic. Since I posted that I wash it a lot less frequently now, like every 2 - 4 days. It feels so much better as a result. I think I might eventually replace shampoo with something involving baking soda just to be rid of the shitty chemicals they put in most products.

21 y/o brit.

My hair looks a lot like this, clean around the ears and back, with long bangs that reach my upper lip.

[Image: asian-hairstyles-for-men2.jpg]

I like to visit my barber about every 3 weeks because after that, well, it just looks like I need a haircut.

Girls have a hard time keeping their hands from my hair, heh.

The trapper hat is ingenious. I use Redkin smooth down shampoo and conditioner. It helps. Also check out hair creme, like Brylcreem. Ronald Regan used it. Unlike gel or mousse, it doesn't harden, so you can adjust throughout the day.

Every two weeks I use a 7 guard on the sides and an 8 on the top. I go for the slightly messy look and slightly push my bangs up and to the left.

Buzzed or a ball fade (high fade that's bald on bottom and a 1 on top).