rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Krakow vs. Sofia

Krakow vs. Sofia

I’m trying to decide between a 3 night trip to Krakow or Sofia in February. Any thoughts from someone who has experience in both cities? They both seem relatively cheap, have attractive girls and will be cold as balls but was wondering if there was an compelling reason to visit one over the other. They’re will be three of us age ranged 23-30.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Only 3 nights? Unless you have a particular taste for the balkans, do krakow. With such little time the sofia logistics and culture shock may cockblock you. Krakow's nightlife is centralized in two areas, no bullshit. For sofia do research ahead of time and pipeline.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Ya, if it's just three nights, it has to be Krakow.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Wrong choice of targets.Out is unlikely to get laid in 3 days in either of these cities.Krakow has become difficult due to hordes of drunk tourists and Sofia clubs are full of gangster looking mafioso types so one needs to be careful which girl he approaches.

Krakow vs. Sofia

I think the difficulty of Krakow may be overstated..

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4184-p...#pid117892

Krakow vs. Sofia

To get laid in Krakow a foreigner needs at least one week.For Sofia two weeks are needed.Only in Ukraine you can get laid from day one.

Krakow vs. Sofia

3 nights is simply not long enough, be it Krakow or Sofia. However, I think Krakow is you best bet, more people in Poland speak English than they do in Bulgaria.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-02-2012 04:01 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Only in Ukraine you can get laid from day one.

[Image: bsflag.gif]

Krakow vs. Sofia

To get laid in Krakow a foreigner needs at least one week.For Sofia two weeks are needed.Only in Ukraine you can get laid from day one.

Quote: (02-02-2012 07:16 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Only in Ukraine you can get laid from day one.

[Image: bsflag.gif]

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

Maybe if you're fluent in Russian...

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:40 AM)BalkanCynic Wrote:  

Only 3 nights? Unless you have a particular taste for the balkans, do krakow. With such little time the sofia logistics and culture shock may cockblock you. Krakow's nightlife is centralized in two areas, no bullshit. For sofia do research ahead of time and pipeline.

Well I loved Belgrade so the Balkan nightlife scene works for me. Anyone know how Sofia compares to Belgrade? My main and only concern about Krakow is that stag parties have already polluted the city for foreigners. I was in Prague a few weeks ago and things have changed drastically from when I went there 7 or 8 years ago. The first time I went I got approached over 10 times in span of 4 days(Almost never happens to me anywhere else). I felt like a rockstar and girls were literally fighting over me. This time around the farthest I got was kissing a girl for 10 seconds before she got embarrassed and politely excused herself.

Quote: (02-02-2012 06:30 PM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

3 nights is simply not long enough, be it Krakow or Sofia. However, I think Krakow is you best bet, more people in Poland speak English than they do in Bulgaria.

In terms of 3 days not being long enough I can't really change that part of the trip. I'm open for suggestions for anywhere that is within a 4 hours flight from CDG or FRA and is under $400. I was looking at a flight to Chisianu today but I think it might be to random for the people I am traveling with.

I was in Kiev for 4 days didn't even makeout with a girl...so I don't buy that at all...Some guy did try to burn me with his cigarette though.

Krakow vs. Sofia

If you speak Russian and spend some cash in clubs it is very likely to do one night stand in Kiev.Polish women do not like so expensive places and cocktails if they ask for money it is direct they want cash in hand.For somebody unwilling to spend Poland maybe better than Ukraine.
In provincial Ukraine all good looking girls over 25 years old have already husbands or boyfriend so they are out of the market.In Poland although they have boyfriends they are still in the market because they cheat.In Poland almost all girls are open to flirt.
So to sum up.:Ukraine is better than Poland if you spend cash speak Russian and are over 30 years old.If you do not spend,you do not speak Russian and are younger Poland is better than Ukraine.Different cases for different folks.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote:Quote:

If you speak Russian and spend some cash in clubs it is very likely to do one night stand in Kiev.

Ohhh... OK. Excuse me while I go get fluent in Russian. BRB.

Krakow vs. Sofia

You do not need to become fluent in Russian.Just speak basic Russian is enough.Russian women are eager to help you improve your Russian.It gives also insight to Russian culture and one can target girls who speak only Russian (the majority) who are not available to other foreigners.
Knowledge of polish helps also with polish girls.Russian and polish is very similar so if you learn one slavic language you have access to all slavic countries girls.(Russian,polish,Czech,Ukrainian,Belarus).

Krakow vs. Sofia

I do speak a little bit of Russian, and it didn't really help much when I was there. Only luck I had at all in Ukraine was with girls who already spoke English. And finding them was not easy. Oh, and they didn't sleep with me on the first night.

The reports coming back from Ukraine seem to be guys saying its very easy or guys saying its very hard. The common denominator seems to be how much Russian the guy speaks. I speak very very basic Russian, and 90% of the girls I approached really did not give a shit.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-03-2012 02:28 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

In provincial Ukraine all good looking girls over 25 years old have already husbands or boyfriend so they are out of the market.In Poland although they have boyfriends they are still in the market because they cheat.In Poland almost all girls are open to flirt.
So to sum up.:Ukraine is better than Poland if you spend cash speak Russian and are over 30 years old.If you do not spend,you do not speak Russian and are younger Poland is better than Ukraine.Different cases for different folks.

I agree with some of what you're saying, I live in East Ukraine for the past 6 yrs, and a bit of a warning I would give regarding spending money on these girls, be careful about spending too much on the girl, I have no problem taking a nice looking girl out for a nice dinner or some drinks, or some concert, but if you open your wallet to much and spend a hell of a lot before banging her, she'll lose respect for you, she'll view you as a fool and she'll take as much as she can and leave you holding your dick in your hand, but on the other hand, if you're banging these girls, I firmly believe that's when you open your wallet and buy them some nice things, but only in moderation, as far as knowing the language, it most certainly comes in handy when trying to chat up these girls, I approach and like to give compliments, like you have beautifful eyes, hair, body even ass, I ve said it all to them in Russian, and these girls love to be complimented, and with many of these girls, giving a nice compliment, then your in.

Krakow vs. Sofia

There are girls in provincial Ukraine who go for free and others who want presents etc.It is nonsense to spoil a girl who frequents cheap cafes and ordinary restaurants.On the other hand with some spending on good looking girls who ask directly for presents you get one night stands without commitments.It is mixed situation.
Clothes play extreme role in Ukraine.I did the experiment.I got to Kreshatik(main Kiev street) with ordinary clothes and tried to pick up girls.Success was zero.Then I got back to apartment changed clothes and wore expensive ones.I got back to Kreshatik and in four hours I had collected 4 phone numbers from hotties passing by and was already dating two women in cafe which I had approached in Kreshatik.
So a lot depends on clothes and shoes you wear.As a general rule every item on you should cost over 100 euro.Ukrainian girls in Kiev are very fashion conscious.
This is not the case in Poland where being dressed ordinarily does not harm pick up.

As for Russian you need to be able to speak intermediate Russian to be able to hold a normal conversation although in western Ukraine and Kiev many girls speak English.

Krakow vs. Sofia

OK - here is my 2 cents as a guy who lives in Sofia: it will be hard to get laid (for free) in 3 days. Most girls here are out for something - some are out to find a nice guy to settle down with (obviously not you if you're just in town for 3 days) and some are out to find a "sponsor" - and I assume you, like most guys on the forum, have a moral problem with paying a girl for sex - in cash or in kind.
There aren't many independent 20-30's career girls like in the US who are just out to party and ride the cock carousel.

Krakow vs. Sofia

For Sofia two weeks are needed

I got laid in Sofia on my third night.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:12 PM)BTman Wrote:  

Well I loved Belgrade so the Balkan nightlife scene works for me. Anyone know how Sofia compares to Belgrade?

The only similarity between both is the loud turbofolk clubs. Otherwise, belgrade has better more diverse venues.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-03-2012 06:55 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

There are girls in provincial Ukraine who go for free and others who want presents etc.It is nonsense to spoil a girl who frequents cheap cafes and ordinary restaurants.On the other hand with some spending on good looking girls who ask directly for presents you get one night stands without commitments.It is mixed situation.
Clothes play extreme role in Ukraine.I did the experiment.I got to Kreshatik(main Kiev street) with ordinary clothes and tried to pick up girls.Success was zero.Then I got back to apartment changed clothes and wore expensive ones.I got back to Kreshatik and in four hours I had collected 4 phone numbers from hotties passing by and was already dating two women in cafe which I had approached in Kreshatik.
So a lot depends on clothes and shoes you wear.As a general rule every item on you should cost over 100 euro.Ukrainian girls in Kiev are very fashion conscious.
This is not the case in Poland where being dressed ordinarily does not harm pick up.

As for Russian you need to be able to speak intermediate Russian to be able to hold a normal conversation although in western Ukraine and Kiev many girls speak English.

Even for guys that I've seen do well in Ukraine. It isn't exactly point and shoot.

I don't want to get in a pissing match. Perhaps, it is easier for you, but in general I wouldn't say it's easier than Poland. Ukraine gets exaggerated on the board.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Sofia is a grim miserable dump of a place that I have nothing good to say about, Krakow would win any day.

Can't remember much of nightlife in Sofia, went to some place with a ridculous name like "Pussy palace" or something, and it was something like a Serbian turbo folk club, lots of standing around and posing.

A friend of mine says he recently went to Chisnau Moldova, and it was incredible, friendly people, food better than Ukraine, less Gangster types, very hot girls.

Belgrade is awesome, ridiculously hot girls, but there are many many bitches, and they are also pretty conservative.

You can still get ONS in Ukraine, which Is what you want if you're just visiting. Depends on who you are and what your game is, the Ukrainian border doesn't have a magic machine that turns you into a super-stud.

I live here so I don't care about ONS anymore, I have enough leads to get on with, I can take it easy

Krakow vs. Sofia

Thanks for all the tips guys. Will look a bit more into chisinau otherwise krakow it is.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Sin City is a good club in Sofia with great number of hotties however you should be careful of the gangster types who accompany some of the girls.Another option is the club complex of studentski grad the place where students stay.

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-04-2012 01:49 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Sin City is a good club in Sofia with great number of hotties however you should be careful of the gangster types who accompany some of the girls.Another option is the club complex of studentski grad the place where students stay.

Yeah that's the place I was thinking of, I'm more into the clubs with real people that like to have fun and dance and get wild. This is the sort of place where girls just sit around posing and drinking tea

Krakow vs. Sofia

Quote: (02-04-2012 12:10 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Sofia is a grim miserable dump of a place that I have nothing good to say about, Krakow would win any day.

Can't remember much of nightlife in Sofia, went to some place with a ridculous name like "Pussy palace" or something, and it was something like a Serbian turbo folk club, lots of standing around and posing.

A friend of mine says he recently went to Chisnau Moldova, and it was incredible, friendly people, food better than Ukraine, less Gangster types, very hot girls.

Belgrade is awesome, ridiculously hot girls, but there are many many bitches, and they are also pretty conservative.

You can still get ONS in Ukraine, which Is what you want if you're just visiting. Depends on who you are and what your game is, the Ukrainian border doesn't have a magic machine that turns you into a super-stud.

I live here so I don't care about ONS anymore, I have enough leads to get on with, I can take it easy

I spent a lot of time in Sofia (about 5 weeks total) and disagree w/you here. The city does have the older grey communist buildings in parts of it but its a nice city. I also had a great time w/the nightlife and there are plenty of good clubs there.