rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do in my situation

What would you do in my situation

Let's say you're 31 years old in a career which you've been wanting to quit for a long time (7+ years).

You live in a major city making $100k/year, have a company car with all expenses paid, and work at a client office where you are free to come and go as you please. Every week you pretty much never work on Fridays, and the days you do work, you arrive at 9AM and leave by 2PM. When you get home, you do whatever you want until 5PM (typically just check emails). Your client does not care, and even your boss supports this as long as the work gets done.

The amount of work you actually do is probably no more than 20-25 hours a week if you actually have something to do.

The problem is that you are BORED. There is nobody that serves as a coworker you can bs with at the client office since they are clients; there is no reason to even bother talking to them since you don't have to be there much.

Would you quit your job for one that has actual career progression, where you work 40+ hours a week, albeit it has a higher pay ceiling, but you would take a paycut to do it?

This is my dilemma. I can work from home whenever, but everyone is at work so there's nothing to really do. I've played as much video games as I can, watched pretty much every interesting TV series, etc..

Messages In This Thread