rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

East Asian men in the dating market

East Asian men in the dating market

Quote: (02-08-2019 06:13 AM)timmyk Wrote:  

In my opinion, East Asians being ranked at the bottom seem to be true at least in the US.

[...]
With the growing number of Asain Male White Female (AMWF) couples, one can counterargue that some East Asian men still manage to pull hot non-Asian girls. Just search AMWF, and you will see a lot of YouTube channels of AMWF couples blogging about their dating life. The number of those contents has been growing a lot, and I think it's largely due to the growing popularity of K-pop music and K-drama in Hispanic and European communities.

If you dig in just a little further about those AMWF couples, you can find out about few common things.

1) most of the white girls are exposed to K-pop/k-drama, although the degree of their interest/obsession varies by individual.

2) The majority of those couples met each other while the WF is doing study abroad/work holiday in Asia. (mostly Korea, which is because I am Korean as well)

3) Even the small subset of couples who met each other in non-Asian countries like the US, Europe, etc. the point (1) still holds true for the girls.

These findings basically support my argument that the representation of a race in media significantly influence the attractiveness/desirability of the race by the society and that holds true for the dating market as well. Those Asian men who scored very attractive non-Asian women who are into K-pop exist because the K-media shaped the perception of East Asian men as an attractive figure.

One thing I frequently observe is that those European girls who are fairly attractive by mainstream society's standard, are looked down upon and labeled as yellow fever with some freaky fetish on Asian men.

Just like anything else, I am sure women with yellow fever with some freaky fetish exist and always it's those extreme cases that create stereotypes. But the reality is that I personally have met and dated a handful of attractive non-Asian girls who are capable of having a normal conversation with.

Compared to Europe and Latin America, however, AMWF cases are less common in the US, I think it's mostly because Kpop/kdrama doesn't have as much influence. But it's a pleasant surprise to see Kpop songs making to the Spotify Top hits list occasionally. and they actually don't sound too bad for many American ears.

[Image: ColorlessDefenselessItaliangreyhound-siz...ricted.gif]

[Image: icon_eek.gif][Image: rolleyes.gif]

Dude, you're giving way too much credit to Hallyu/K-culture towards the sexual chances of East Asian guys especially in the west. One would think that EA men would just end up sexless incels if not for, and only because of, the K-wave, hadn't we just kowtow and thank Korea for saving our sorry butts? [Image: rolleyes.gif]

Quite the opposite, I feel like I'd have been an incel if I had to rely on kpop/other k-culture. I've only ever banged white girls, and none of them, and almost none of my quarry, were garnered through K-wave. Almost none gave a shit about K-pop, although some of my quarry have turned out to have interest in some other Asian cultures....but Asia is nothing with K-pop, right. [Image: tard.gif]

So yeah, I think you're seeing things in extremes. Kpop isn't the only way a western/non-Asian women will see an EA guy in a sexual light, and non-Asian woman who will go for an EA guy won't only fuck EA guys exclusively. Practically every woman I've ever gone for did not limit themselves to begin with asian guys.

Messages In This Thread