rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

Now THIS is a thread worthy of being bumped!

I've been playing with some bows. Started off with a recurve around 40lbs and a compound with adjustable draw. The recurve was fun but hell, the compound hits hard. So I thought- keep it simple for SHTF- a heavier draw recurve! Ordered myself a 70lb recurve from China. Went to draw it- yeah, that shit isn't happening.

Rather than end up deformed by working up to drawing such a heavy weight, I've decided to stick with the lighter recurve and carry spares for the compound. I've got some savage tips for it. Ones with a pair of inch long razor blades that expand when they hit the target to leave a three inch slice all the way through. Makes me a bit sick looking at them- a hit anywhere with one of those is 95% unsurvivable, it's going to cut something vital.

Still, better to have and not need than need and not have..

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread