rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

The RVF worst-case-scenario survival/preparedness thread.

Quote: (01-12-2019 12:45 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2019 04:16 PM)Matsufubu Wrote:  

UK here so AR-15s and the like are just not going to happen. However, an air rifle will enable you to kill rabbits and birds for food.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king.

The easiest and most effective self defense gun you're going to be able to acquire legally in the UK is a 12 gauge shotgun. There are several hobby sports that allow you to get a permit to acquire such a gun and from what I understand there's minimal oversight about to what degree you actually participate in those sports.

Whilst I agree with Leonard (and own a 12-bore) I would say in the defense of the air rifle-

-They are currently easy and cheap to obtain
-More than capable of killing small game
-Silencers in the UK are legal and effective
-Pellets are cheap and a tin of 500 takes up very little space (MAJOR plus point)
-Easy to show others how to use (and as said cheap enough to stockpile a few beforehand)
-Still a much better 'fuck off and leave me alone' symbol than a kitchen knife.
-Hypothetically speaking, one could also store parts to enable your air rifle to shoot above the UK legal limit. Spring rifles would be king in a SHTF scenario, so choose a big air rifle with a downgraded spring for the UK market (HW80 for example) and buy a normal mainspring separately (legal to own, just not legal to put in the rifle).

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Messages In This Thread