rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hamburg datasheet

Hamburg datasheet

Ok fellas, I wanted to try to do something "useful" with my 100th post. First off, I wanted to write a brief data sheet about Hamburg. In my opinion, the city is a hidden gem and gets overlooked by tourists, despite being a cute place.

Note: I didn't make the nightlife section very comprehensive, because I usually went to one club when I was there, however, the club has shut down unfortunately due to complaints by people living in the adjacent buildings.
I lived in Hamburg for about 6 months, which was long enough to get some of the vibe.

I'll still start with some basic info on the city. It has about 1,3 million inhabitants, many of which go there to work or study. It's located in the far North of Germany, the weather is usually terrible, people are generally kind of reserved, but like to have fun.

Nightlife

The majority of Hamburg's nightlife is in one area called the "Reeperbahn". An area notoriously known as the city's red light district. But make no mistake, the red light district is part of the area, but overall it has a ton of discos and bars. It is super crowded at night and this is where you'll find locals, tourists and other visitors.

Another major nightlife area is the Sternschanze. They actually aren't very far apart, approximately 1km or so. Sternschanze is more about laid back partying. There are a plethora of bars, some also have dancefloors, but the parties never get too crazy. In summer people will sit on the sidewalks, smoke some and have some drinks. It's a really chill area.

Daygame

Girls in Hamburg generally seem pretty receptive to daygame. They're not used to being approached due to German culture / German men, but it is still very welcome in this city, because a good share of the younger population moves to the city to work or study, thus, they are open to meeting new people and the social circles don't seem that tight.

Some good daygame spots would be:
- Sternschanze

- Jungfernstieg - this is basically the city center and there are a lot of chicks walking around and things like shopping malls at your disposal too. You can also just wander off into a whole network of roads filled with people and potential mates.

- Stadtpark - a large park with a lot of people. You can essentially walk around approaching without necessarily getting noticed as a "PUA" cause people are just scattered all over the place.

Tinder

As I mentioned before, girls are eager to meet someone. I had more success there than in some other smaller cities.

Edit: Language
You're good to go with English. If you're practising German, sure why not, go ahead and practice that, but English is just fine. People aren't proficient, but they won't feel repelled by you speaking English

Conclusion

I think Hamburg is an underrated city and deserves a spot on the map of the few German cities worth visiting and gaming in. However, it can really be hit or miss. The clubs aren't open every day and the weather can really throw a wrench in the works, if you're planning to daygame. Yet I still deem it worthy of visiting for an extended weekend or of course living there for work, a student exchange etc.

Messages In This Thread