rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's Your Home Base?

What's Your Home Base?

The information in this thread continues to provide!

Recently, I relocated to Montreal, Canada as an interm base of operations. I will be staying here 6 months per year (the best months - ie. Summer), and shipping overseas for the colder months of the year and events that I must attend. That's not to say that it's my end all be all city, but it is a significant upgrade from where I was previously living.

I feel that it is definitely a hub with access to most places in the world with a direct flight or short layover, and with ease of access to other hubs like JFK in NYC and Toronto Pearson that this is a non issue. The climate in the summers is excellent without question, and the city is amazingly beautiful with historical touches that have left me in awe. The ocean thing is a bit of a misnomer for Montreal, as it is an island, but its in the Saint Lawrence River. I travel enough that I can probably have my fill of this the other 6 months of the year. It's the second largest city in Canada, with 4.1ish million people living in the metropolitan area including Laval and other communities. The tax friendliness is kinda something I will be dealing with however.

In addition to this, I wanted to get my French to a point of fluency, and this city is the second largest French speaking population in the world besides Paris. The people have all generally been super friendly, and the women... compared to home, are ridiculously beautiful. The Moroccan blue eyed women here... don't get me started. Everyone walks, so there's vastly fewer overweight people, and the city's metro system and busses are all you really need to get around the island of Montreal.

I'm also a huge fan of how there are fewer chains here, more independently owned shops, and the prices are all relatively inexpensive. Rent is also very reasonable, with 2 bedrooms in excellent areas going for $1500 CAD. All in all, not too many complaints as of thusfar, but I will continue to comment here and in specific threads as to my experiences.

I will continue to look into this as an exercise in lifestyle design and finding out where I best belong via my travels. I am stoked to be in a new city though, and so far things have been solid!

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread