rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Sargon of Akkad thread

The Sargon of Akkad thread

So Google is stepping up their censorship. They tried this against Jordan Peterson last summer, but after a wide outcry they reinstated it. Now they're pulling this against Sargon of Akkad, without warning, notice, strikes - nothing.

Quote:[/url]

I owe Sargon a punch in the face ([url=https://rooshvforum.network/thread-54551-post-1744568.html#pid1744568]details here
) but this is horseshit.

Before I suggest a solution, let me address a false argument: the "Free Speech only applies to the government, lol!" No, it's been long established case-law that you can't be denied vitals services based upon your political opinions (H/T Matt Forney):

Quote:Quote:

The reality is that U.S. law already has a precedent for forcing both edge providers like Google and Twitter as well as ISPs to allow any and all speech on their platforms, making net neutrality completely unnecessary. Contrary to the leftist/libertarian argument that these corporations can ban whoever they like due to the “free market,” the Constitution establishes set limits on how private entities can behave towards those who use their property.

In 1946, the Supreme Court decided the case of Marsh v. Alabama, in which a Jehovah’s Witness was arrested for trespassing because she was distributing religious literature in Chickasaw, Alabama, a town that was wholly owned by the Gulf Shipbuilding Corporation. Marsh argued that because the town’s roads and sidewalks were the only means by which she could exercise her freedom of speech—and because the town of Chickasaw had been open to public use in all other respects—the trespassing arrest violated her rights under the First Amendment.

In a 5-3 decision, the Supreme Court ruled in Marsh’s favor. Justice Hugo Black decreed that private entities do not have the right to ban speech on their property if they happen to own a monopoly on the means by which speech can take place. Black also argued that the more that private entities open their property up to public use, the fewer rights they have to control or ban what people do on that property.

So no, what Google is doing is not legal.

The solution? Well, same as Jordan Peterson: hue and cry. I would particularly recommend that our American members contact their representatives.

The Gmail Account isn't something as minor as the Twitter account - after ten years, it can often be the online hub of one's identity. This behaviour by Google is utterly disgusting, and they need to be brought to heel.

Messages In This Thread