rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chef's Lounge

Chef's Lounge

I have been playing around with Keto snacks the last little while. Here are a couple ideas/recipes I really enjoy. Cauliflower has a few, but not many carbs so it works very well here.

You will need a food dehydrator, you can get a pretty good one for less than $70 bucks (look for one with a digital temp/time control). Also a mandolin, which should run you around $15-20 bucks. Be very very careful with mandolins, they are pretty much the only thing in a kitchen that makes me cringe when I see other people use them.

Cheap but effective mandolin
[Image: OXO-Good-Grips-V-Blade-Mandoline-Slicer.jpg]
Excellent dehydrator
[Image: food-dehydrator.jpg]

Zucchini Crisps
- buy the 3-4 smaller zukes, about 10 inches long
- wash in cool soapy water, rinse and dry well
- slice on the mandolin either way, long and skinny or round (use the thin - blade on the mandolin about 1/4 inch)
- dip each slice in water and spread evenly on your dehydrator racks\nsprinkle liberally with Italian seasoning
- set your dehydrator to 130F for 10-12 hours.

You can try chili powder or whatever you like. I found I preferred the Italian herbs with zucchini.

Cauliflower Cheese Crisps
for this one you will need some dehydrator sheets

[Image: c700x420.jpg]

-1 head of cauliflower steamed/boiled until very soft;
- strain and let dry in strainer 5 minutes;
- mash with potato masher until rice like consistency;
- fine shred in a dry cheese (parm, old cheddar etc);
- mix well and spread onto dehydrator sheet about 1/4 inch thickness;
- use a dull knife or spatula to press lines in small cracker sized shapes this
will make it easier to break the crisps out later;
- crack some fresh black pepper across the lot;
- dehydrate at 130F for 12-14 hours (or until desired crunch is achieved).

Another day I can throw up a few jerky recipes for the dehydrator as well.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Messages In This Thread