rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Fighting

On Fighting

Quote: (02-13-2018 05:16 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

So, RB, you insist that a man should be able to defend his woman yet of the three instances you've provided one ended with you having the shit kicked out of you, another ended with a bunch of street vendors trying to diffuse the situation despite your worst intentions and the third I suspect ended with you scruffing some guy before being tossed out of the bar.

You seem to be confusing the act of starting a fight and the act of actually winning it. Only one of those is handy, but you seem to be an expert only in the other.

Rob would hate going to places, like India, where there are a ton of hawkers trying to peddle their cheap wares. They get in your face all the time there. It isn't personal.

That reminds me of this one time I was with a girl and having some drinks while on vacation. There was a lot of tourists from all over the world which means you get to interact with all sorts of strange people. Well, this one guy was drinking and he was just trying to have a good time. He was a little spastic and it rubbed people the wrong way. He ended up getting into a fight that night with another guy only to return drinking at the bar with me and the girl.

I noticed how he behaved and he didn't stop with me and my girl. He was a nice enough guy who was just having fun. He started getting a little too hands on with my girl so I got up and say that is enough mate. Mind you this wasn't in a angry tone, just a serious one.

He stopped immediately and we went back to having fun. He said to me a couple minutes later he really appreciated that I stopped him when he overstepped any boundaries and didn't take it personally.

We had a great time that night but it could have ended up badly if I were to take Rob's approach. This was much more than a guy getting in your girl's face with a flower.

There is a time when you need to get physical. Like the time, in the same country, where a guy wouldn't leave my girl alone in this club. He was on something and it got to the point where I had to get physical with him to make my point. This was only after I told him to back off.

Rob, the flower stuff is silly to get mad at. No one is trying to hurt you with a flower. I have a feeling this was more about your own ego than it was anything else. Trust me, I've allowed my own ego to get the best of me and I can say it was never worth it.

Messages In This Thread