rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bogotá Trip Report

Bogotá Trip Report

Hello,

I recently took a two week trip to Bogota, Colombia. I scored with two women while I was there. I wanted to share my experience with you guys, hopefully it might be helpful for some of you:

Strategy:

I had read Mixx's warning that tier 1 cities can be difficult for gringos, so I knew I had to be ready to for a fight going in. I decided to use colombiacupid to pipeline as many girls as I could before arriving. I took a template message and started spamming girls from the website, altering slightly for each girl. Leading up to the trip, I sent about 10 messages each day. When a girl replied, I chatted with her on skype and used a webcam to build rapport before meeting her. With enough work, I set up 4 dates in Colombia before I arrived.

Once in the country, I followed Arobin's advice and called each girl to confirm beforehand, so as to prevent getting stood up. I would then bounce a girl around between a few different places, and then if possible, take her back to my apartment. .

Girls:

I really liked the girls that I met in Bogota. They were really quite different from other girls that I had met in the 3rd world. I found them to be educated, intelligent, and they had their own professional careers and interests. But, they also were very feminine in their nature; they were willing to cook for me and acted more like girls than American women do. I think that the Bogota women were the best of both worlds- like American women, they are intelligent and educated with their own goals for life, but unlike American women, they are feminine and pleasant to be around. I even had one Bogota girl buy me dinner a couple times- I had never had that happen anywhere in the third world before. I never had the problem of being hit up for taxi money or any of the other BS like that. They were also very passionate in every good way possible.

Bogota is a great city to go to if you like White girls. They were mostly very light skinned, and they had pretty faces with deep brown eyes. And they had a lot of ass too.

Overall, I was really impressed with the quality of women in Bogota, both in terms of physically and in terms of spending time with them- I found most of them much more pleasant to be around than most American women.

Accommodations

I got an apartment in the Zona Rosa while I was in Bogotá. I remembered Mixx's warning that Colombian women will judge you by the quality of the neighborhood you are staying in, so I made sure to stay in a better quality neighborhood. The apartment was a great deal, it cost less than $100/night in a neighborhood where hotels went for over $200/night. Having an apartment also allowed for women to come over over and cook for me in my kitchen. I think the Zona Rosa worked out quite well, there were a lot of good place to take girls on dates nearby, and it was very safe.

The downside to staying in Zona Rosa was that the nightlife sucked for meeting people. I went out to some of the bars, but they were pretty much all tables with mixed groups sitting. I felt like taking girls on dates was a better use of my time. I was told it was easier to meet people in Candelaria, but that it was also more dangerous there.

I'm not sure how true it is that the Candelaria is dangerous, but most Colombians told me so, and sometimes perception is reality. I think there is more prestige associated with staying in the North.

VERY IMPORTANT- when looking for a place to stay, check what their policy is on having guests stay with you. A lot of the places that I found either did not allow unregistered guests or charged a huge fine for bringing an unregistered guest. You may feel awkward getting hotels and apartments to clarify their policy, but it's better that you find out in advance than find out when you are bringing someone back.

Language

I spoke conversational Spanish, and all of my dates were exclusively in Spanish. Very few people in Bogota speak English. I think you need to be able to hold a conversation in Spanish to consider going to Bogota.

Girl Maintenance

I would recommend anyone visiting Bogota to read Roosh's post, Girlfriend Cheating Guide: http://www.rooshv.com/girlfriend-cheating-tips

Even though the women there aren't your girlfriend, you still don't want to advertise the fact that you are seeing other women.

You should also generously tip the doormen to make sure they are on your side.

Communications

I bought an unlocked cell phone before going to Colombia, but when I arrived it broke, I couldn't recharge my cell. To deal with this I used Skype to talk with girls and set up dates. When I was a at the venue, I used my US cell phone to confirm she was coming and to help her find the place if need be.

Sightseeing

If you have been to Europe or Asia, Bogotá doesn't really stack up in terms of sightseeing attractions. The museums aren't as good as what you find in other countries. Monseratte was pretty cool with good views, and the hills East of Bogota made for a nice hike. I took a girl I met hiking with me in Chicaque National Park, which was pretty cool.

All in all, it was a very good trip. I read a lot of the information from you guys before I went- I think there really is a lot of good information on this site and if you use it you can be successful.

Messages In This Thread