rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to stay safe & succeed while traveling in tough&rough countries?

How to stay safe & succeed while traveling in tough&rough countries?

Asking inspired by the 'how to adjust to masculine countries' thread and a bunch of countries I plan to visit at some point in the future. As well as WashedUPVet's story of getting attacked by a bunch of guys in Moscow, even though he's a big guy and ex-soldier.

Does anybody have a good idea how you stay safe in tough or rough countries? Or have some good links to material on this?

I'd like to visit some countries considered more dangerous; naturally its mostly for the women. In every country I've previously visited, I've been comfortable going out alone everywhere including at night (just avoiding 'bad areas' where applicable). I have very little experience in countries with genuine danger of suffering violent crime, and I don't look physically intimidating whatsoever (and that's not going to change). Obviously carrying weapons is infeasible when traveling, and probably wouldn't do me much good anyway. So I'm pondering how I could stay safe in these countries without significantly affecting my ability to chase the local women.

This is basically the picture I'm imagining if I were to go somewhere in the guts of the Asian land mass or South America:
- Drop my typical solo travel. Go with one or two travel wingmen.
- Drop nightgame, just focus on online/daygame etc. This would really suck as it's given good payoff in the past.
- Carry next to nothing. Buy a crappy smartphone that I'm not afraid to lose (data/contacts etc) for texting with / maps etc. Just a paper copy of passport and cash (no ATM-capable card to avoid an unpleasant taken-to-ATM situation).
- Research the specific ways people are usually attacked in these countries and try to plan ahead how to avoid that.
- Research the local style of dress and mimic that to avoid standing out.

Is that a reasonable picture? Any other advice?

Messages In This Thread