rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help, poor memory and general knowledge

Help, poor memory and general knowledge

Quote: (12-10-2016 07:15 AM)Georges89 Wrote:  

I have no idea where I want to actually put this, but it's become a massive insecurity for me and I could do with a vent.

For almost as long as I can remember, I've always been somewhat lacking in intelligence, in certain areas. At least, I've always been plagued by insecurity that I'm not intelligent enough. I always get scared that other people will see through me. They will see I'm not as intelligent as them and judge me.

What seems strange is that when I compare myself to some very intelligent men in my life, my father for example and other father figures, they have such an impressive memory recall. My father just knows so much about the world, and he can keep up with any TV general knowledge quiz. He doesn't have to 'try' and remember, he just seemingly does. In his late sixties. History, science, classical music, literature. He seems to know everything about the world.

Same here. Big insecurity regarding my intelligence for years and years, and like short guys who get into fights with bigger guys to prove themselves, I found myself getting into online debates and trying to win. I did okay actually, and no longer need to prove anything. Sometimes I will argue hard just because I'm pissed-off, or am passionate about the subject.

So, here's a couple of cheap tricks. Talk fast. I talk slowly, because I'm thoughtful. My rhythm is very much like Rooshs'. It's hilarious because if you speak quickly people will perceive you as smarter. This takes practice like anything, just getting your mouth and tongue in shape to get the words out.

Two. Your insecurity is probably related to experiencing your father as better than you because he has an excellent memory, which I've found intelligent people seem to possess, but take rappers who are not educated formally as one example, some of them can talk circles around people much more intelligent than them because they are practicing speaking fast and rhythmically. Practice spitting out your thoughts as fast as you can as you walk down the street, it might help.

Messages In This Thread