rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Almost 2.5 years into BJJ now. Loving it more than ever. I'm in a sweet spot right now where I can look up some concepts or techniques before going into the gym and be able to use them right away. I was a medium-speed learner...not the fastest, not the slowest.

It's awesome. It's like having cheat codes where I can look it up a move, submission, or technique, go try it on a white or lower blue belt, and it just works (sometimes with some input from a higher belt).

We have a really good white belt...athletic young 20s guy who's winning tournaments. He's a tough Canadian hockey player. I went for a baseball bat choke the other day on him. He had to defend it even though I knew I didn't have it set for the sub, so I transitioned to an armbar and tapped him. First time I've ever done that. Then yesterday I got the baseball bat choke on a fellow blue belt.

Things are starting to come together.

I also bought some MT shin guards the other day and have some gloves at home, so I plan on hitting the MT - MMA side of our gym a bit in the near future. I have a couple BJJ friends who go in for friendly sparring I trust. Pretty excited to learn more cheat codes and string some more superpowers.

I'm posting this (1) for any guys thinking about starting, and (2) as a thank you for the posts and threads I read for years on here before starting...not entirely sure I would have started BJJ without you guys (and Rogan of course).

Mid-30s and never felt more alive and in-tune with life than when I'm on the mat.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Messages In This Thread