rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Things To Tell (and Show) Your Son While You Are Alive

Things To Tell (and Show) Your Son While You Are Alive

Since I was a boy I can remember my father and grandfather both continuously telling me stories with morals in them, as an example of how I (we) should act, or the types of ideals toward which I (we) should strive. I particularly recollect the stories with action and descriptive language.

In the stories, I also recall quite a few of the simple one liners because I saw them in action over and over in my life as I grew as a boy, then a young man, and interestingly even now as I get older. I have seen that being an example (from my father and grandfather) is more powerful than words, yet the words can act as a conduit in becoming the example.

I reflect on them differently, but regularly now as time has passed, and I want to honor the tradition in which they were given, the men who gave them as well as the fact that they were given.

As we are all men here (well hopefully), with fathers and grandfathers, there has been a lot passed down to us and we are still here.

Messages In This Thread