rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Politics & War Lounge

Politics & War Lounge

Got something to say that's political or war related, but isn't about migrants or Donald Trump, and isn't important enough to warrant its own post?
Say it here!

I'll start us off:
Here's something that's been bothering me for a long time: The GOP's weird Reagan fetishism. I've been to Churchs that don't venerate Jesus as much as your average GOP pundit, who's usually so young he never voted for Reagan in an election, treats Reagan. It's insane. His every word is holy writ to these people.

"Reagan said that hispanics are natural Republicans, they just don't know it yet!"
Well, Reagan was wrong. The dude kicked the bucket during the Clinton administration. If Hispanics haven't figured out that they're supposed to be Republicans by now, they're not going to figure it out ever.

"Reagan said that you should never attack a fellow Republican!" They even call this one "The 11th Commandment", as if the man is a God whose dictates must be obeyed no matter what. Who cares what he said? When he said it, the Republican elite wasn't actively trying to sell out its own voters.

It's Reagan this, Reagan that, all the damn time. You can't get through a Republican debate without hearing his name at least twenty times. We need policies more like Reagan's. We need to give speeches more like Reagan did. It just doesn't stop.

I get that people like the guy. He had a lot of accomplishments. But he was just a guy, not a living God.

Feel free to use this thread to post anything that's on your mind related to politics or war, that isn't covered in any of the other threads already.

Messages In This Thread