rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

By the way I'll also mention I'm designing my business to both run without me state-side and have an office overseas wherever I decide to spend most of my time. The detailed guideline and recommendations on making this process happen is something I credit Maui Masterminds with. Those people are experienced business owners / business builders. I'd argue that's a better place to put money - once you know your passion and have started working on creating a business for yourself - than a Uni degree. But that's getting ahead of myself - starting to build your ideas into a business are the first steps, but having a vision of the *kind* of business you want to build is important too. Do you want to run it yourself, have someone manage it for you, sell the business/idea, franchise, etc.? It's also easy to create a job for yourself vs. a business (where you create income for yourself but not a 9-5 or 9-9 job). You might end up working really hard for a while so that vision will help carry you through.

I've been able to take 4 months off the past two years (in two month blocks) and my business still ran, with about 50% engagement while I was on sabbatical / working vacation. It was an awesome feeling to say "I want to take 8 weeks in Europe" and then do it! Creating time and space to get away from everyone is really important for ideas to bubble up, or solidify. Don't fall into the trap I did for years thinking you need to work work work and play later. Doesn't sound like you would since you've got family nearby.

The networking you can get in school is powerful but Meetup groups can also serve that function. Toastmasters, Rotary, other social and service organizations, Chamber of Commerce, etc. Volunteer at least a few hours a week for some cause you support. True entrepreneurs give back and while non-profits can be a weird little world, you'll often make powerful connections in that world. If you're curious about Uni then go for it (small steps), but realize many potential mentors / employers / contacts are standing all around you. Being comfortable opening and engaging with anyone, anywhere will open up more doors than taking a class from every professor in town. If/when you are clearer on your PASSION (or your Genius and Dick Richards helps you identify) you will also stand-out more than the other 99 guys looking for that killer recommendation / referral but who have a cheesy (or no) personality. Your elevator pitch will actually grab someone's attention and you'll hear 'wow, that's great - I know this guy you should meet...'

Messages In This Thread