rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

My goal for my future would look something like this,

- 1 or 2 bedroom Modern apartment in a good safe area of Santo Domingo (piantini, naco), DomRep.
(avg price around 1-2k usd per month)

I've been to Santo Domingo four times now and have a close friend who lives there so I'm close with their family and have seen how life is there. I swear I fall in love with the country more and more everytime I go.

- Nice car. This is subjective I know, but for me my dream is to drive a 1996 Corvette. [Image: tdcs.gif]
The price is around 15-20k USD. So not expensive by any stretch although running costs would be im sure.

- I'd like to be able to eat out atleast twice a week preferably, not so much of an issue though.

Be able to work on my own terms not tied up to a 9-5.

I've always been passionate about carving a lifestyle for myself and the lifestyle I desire I don't believe to be out of reach by any stretch.
If you dont think so, please let me know why?

My idea from reading many threads on here is that the best way to go about this is through having a side passive income,
- Saving high
- Investing RE
- entrepeneurship

Some BG info about me:
living in England,
low income household but good savings,
no siblings

Currently applying for foundation courses at universities.
(If unaware foundation is a 1 year course that gives you guaranteed to a degree at that university, considering you pass of course)
Looking to probably study a degree like Business when I get onto my degree course.
Not entirely sure what career to go for,
I think business is good because its flexible. I've heard alot of people say accounting is a much better degree to have..?
any advice/info on career choices and stuff like that would be cool.

England is bad in my opinion. I've grown up here all my life and so have all my family. However, I just strongly dislike everything here from the culture, the attitudes of the people, the weather and the politics to the women. If you're wondering then yes i am a white male lol (becoming uncommon in southern england [Image: rolleyes.gif] )

Quality of females here is really bad honestly, really bad. Too much makeup, poor ageing, lazy appearance and for some odd reason many seem think acting stupider than they already are is somehow attractive to males.

The thing that scares me most in life is a shitty retail job with low pay and long non-fleixble hours. I did that last year and awful was an understatement. All the floor managers were depressed and angry at life, having to deal with asshole customers and long hours. FUCK RETAIL is pretty much i learned from that. [Image: helpme.gif]

My question is,
How much do you think I'd need to be earning per month to live the above lifestyle?
It would be great to hear from older guys on here that maybe have similar ideals to me.
Id love to hear what you'd do if you were in my current situation?
What is your current situation and how do you like it, what would you improve?
Any advice and wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers guys!

Messages In This Thread